The Stories of a Life Lived

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Emotionaloverload
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: The Stories of a Life Lived

Post by Emotionaloverload » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:30 am

[For Joy]

There are so many things that I can abide by or have endured for love and joy. I can remember even some of the darkest places where, in the moment, I wasn’t sure how willful my participation was and yet I was there.

Sharing the experience has always been important to me. I can’t imagine how others connect with people if not through revelling in another’s joy; to find what makes them happy and to partake in it. You may not understand it, feel for it or like it but you must consider it.

To do anything less would rob you of the truth because nothing is really true until you’ve perceived it. Everything before that is just the commentary of others which can be modified by tone or words.

I had so hoped to share in Elizabeth’s joy and, I guess, I did for a moment. It had me elated as if I was on a mountainside and low on air. It is sad how quickly reality comes down on even the most perfect of moments. You see, I can abide by all manner of strange things but I cannot accept exclusivity.

The need for exclusivity in love is born from jealousy and fear not caring and desire. To love more than one does not weaken any single love; it strengthens them all. Perhaps it weakens the love of those that have never revelled in their emotions; those that are stingy or selfish with their feelings.

Thankfully, I am blessed by Lady Firehair and well-practised in my feelings. My love never weakens. Even if my choice here has already been made for me by this, my love for her will remain the same like a flower caught in the first frost and frozen in bloom.
Formerly; Echo Hemlocke-Ralkai, Joshua Colt, Namil Evanara, Elanor Shortwick, Sawyer Brook, Kaylessa Dree, Sines Oliver Selakiir, Birgitta Birdie Swordhill, Bella Weartherbee, Arael Laceflower, Corbin, Rupert Silveroak, Hadi the Slave and others.

Emotionaloverload

Post by Emotionaloverload » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:29 pm

[End In Fire Or Ice]

They were experimenting on me, again. The only difference being that Amadeo was supervising this time. I like having him around. He is like an anchor keeping everyone from straying too far. He took us to the planar bridge: the Astrolabe.

I was to be the ‘pilot’; to run things. I wish he wouldn’t do that. He always makes a point of putting you in charge of the discussion or activity. I find it off putting like a crowd staring at you. It unsettles me.

Things didn’t get curious until we got further out of the Wheel. I don’t even have the words to explain it. I keep trying but everything I say barely touches the truth of it. If only I could compound feeling and deliver it onto others so they could understand. If only.

Limbo, he called it. It was so much worse than the Abyss. I couldn’t understand why Lady Daijin just stood there like it was nothing. The noise was like a cacophony of bells that made the air heavy with movement as if it would crush you at a moment’s notice.

It made me nervous with a feeling of dread as if we were all about to be torn asunder. Every burst of light seemed to magnify regardless of distance and in each burst, no matter how small, colours erupted one into the other. They changed so quickly that I could barely keep up.

It was all so much. I felt as though I was being spread thin across a massive canvas. It made me ill. The harder I tried to make sense of it the worse it got. My thoughts tore apart like cheap paper. It was maddening.

Mechanus was the other; the more memorable of the pleasant three. It reminded me of home and the good Doctor. It was like music and everything was brilliant as if I were looking at it through crystal. It was strange. I felt so still that every question they had took me a moment to answer. I couldn’t seem to say it if it were anything other than precise.

It was so hard to leave it behind. I haven’t stopped thinking about it. I don’t think I ever will.
Formerly; Echo Hemlocke-Ralkai, Joshua Colt, Namil Evanara, Elanor Shortwick, Sawyer Brook, Kaylessa Dree, Sines Oliver Selakiir, Birgitta Birdie Swordhill, Bella Weartherbee, Arael Laceflower, Corbin, Rupert Silveroak, Hadi the Slave and others.

Emotionaloverload

Post by Emotionaloverload » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:44 am

[Order in the Chaos]

I enjoy people a great deal. There is something harmonious about the way they behave that draws me to them. Some may disagree. Some may think that behaviour is chaotic and that people often react in emotional or seemingly random ways but that is hardly true.

I know this to be untrue because I have been learning the equation of people ever since I was little. It is quite simple, really. You start with is a conclusion or a reaction that you want and the assumption of what will take you there. You want (2) so you assume (1)+(1)=(2). Now, depending on the person, that could be correct. It could also result in (6) or (50). You won’t know until you try. If you fail you go back to figure out what happened and how to get the result you want.

This may all sound cold and sinister but my conclusion, my goal is always the same; to please. No one wants to be miserable or to be misunderstood and offended. I map them out to find the most effective way to make them relax, to make them happy.

Although, no matter how much I practise there will always be a lie or a new experience that skews the results and I have to start again.

To interact with people any other way seems cruel. To do it differently would be selfish and with an utter disregard for their feelings and preferences. People want to tell you their equations; it is how we connect to one another. I just cut through the pretense and get straight to business.

I enjoy the result of a correct equation. I’m delighted by it. To make them happy makes me happy.

Emotionaloverload

Post by Emotionaloverload » Sat May 02, 2015 9:26 pm

[Life’s Jewelry]

Oh, it has been such a magical tenday. Even with all the grim work and crisis, I have found wonder in the days. The feeling crept up on me like a stealthy aberration; suddenly present and unmistakably delightful.

The first was Lady Naleeah, of Sharess. My faith-sister, she calls it. We had spent the last two months playing speedy tag without managing a moment to meet. Of course, how could we find the time given our work, our Patrons? But even so, finally, the skies parted and there we were, together at last.

It was just the two of us fawning over one another. My heart ached reminded of home. I had never had to be alone which made coming to Arelith and gathering Patrons so much harder for me. I had never had to do that myself. Don’t get me wrong, I almost always worked alone but I had brothers and sisters to come back to.

I missed that wonderful disregard for convention, for personal space. We shared in one another without a moment’s thought. It seemed so natural.

The second was Azan, a dwarf. He had me high as a church gargoyle. Just the sound of his voice was thrilling. He told me stories of dark places that made them come alive with light. Even the way he moved seemed to fill the air with excitement like some kind of electric charge.

By the end of it, I felt exhausted but so full of life that I could have danced for hours still. He does that to you. It is so very strange.

It never ceases to amaze me that no matter how many people I meet in a day or a month I still have so much wonder, so much story left to find. I hope it doesn’t ever stop.

Emotionaloverload

Post by Emotionaloverload » Mon May 04, 2015 1:30 am

[Lost in Time]

He was dressed in heavy black robes and a thick red cloak with the hood pulled up. At the time I didn’t find it odd that he got up from the bench the moment I stepped out of the Nomad and into the street. There was plenty of room to pass me to enter and yet he knocked shoulders with me. When I think back on it I can recall him adjusting his step to accomplish it but at the time it seemed to outrageous that someone would make an effort to bump into you that I didn’t think anything of it.

I’ve known pickpockets to do this however they make a point of knocking into you completely in order to get a hand into your coat pocket. This was different. This was a distraction.

I turned to say ‘Pardon me’ but he was already inside. That’s when the feeling set it; a vibrating pain as if an ogre uprooted a tree and hit me with it. It was barely there a moment before fading. I stumbled around the city, dazed.

I couldn’t string a solid thought together. Even the cobbles seemed to confuse me. Oddly, the only thing I seemed to be able to think about was Kregor; of all people. I think it might have been because I ran into so many nature folk the other day, including him.

There is something innately delicious about rangers. They remind me of jerky; robust in flavour yet so tough to enjoy.

I’m not sure what to make of it all but at least there was something, through it all, that I could revel in.

Emotionaloverload

Post by Emotionaloverload » Wed May 06, 2015 7:35 pm

[Under The Influence]

Who gets to decide which side better than the other? I was thinking about that during my brief ‘imprisonment’ when my amulet was really the only thing keeping me together. When I consider the two amulets I still see their innate bias and yet the last one was replaced with this Celestial one.

Am I the only one to see that the influence is the same? Both take you off course, away from the norm. I couldn’t help but agree to wear it, though. I find Brother Pneuma to be an intensely emotional person that it is very difficult to speak against him when I can feel the reasons for an action. That is not to say that his feelings are unchecked or wild. More so that they remind me of a chemical fire; completely distilled and to the point.

Nevertheless, I did my best to remain diligent through the crisis and not divulge anything even though I pretty much had every answer they were looking for. I had it ages ago. I tried to share it with everyone during the art auction but they didn’t see and I couldn’t tell them.

My silence frustrated them. They didn’t understand the nature of secrets and secret keepers. To give away one meant that the next would be that much easier to give and by the end of it all your rules that make you human and decent would be gone; you’d have nothing left.

Emotionaloverload

Post by Emotionaloverload » Thu May 07, 2015 6:37 pm

[Chink in the Armor]

His smile was enough to knock anyone down. It was gentle and delicate like a flower opening in bloom. He would always smile at me like that when things were bad. He would find a way to put me aside, hide me, even when it was just for a moment; just a moment enough to recover.

I miss that smile. The thought of it shook me.

It has been such a terrible month; all the violence. Each one wore me down just a little but surely the last two finished me off. I recall the Loviatarian’s hand around my throat and all the blood. I was so frightened but I didn’t wish for any escape, any reprieve. I only wished for that smile; that look.

I thought, maybe I could recover without anyone noticing. Lady Daijin questioned, I defected. She persisted, I evaded. We got through it. I tried to be pleasant but it came so hard. Later, Em went out of her way to cheer me up. She did well; she always does.

But the fight in Wharftown pushed me down again. It would have been a passing push the way a gust of wind tips over a rotting tree but doesn’t carry it away. It would have been if not for later. Even at midday the sands were so hot and I was so tired. I wanted badly to understand her; the monk. I didn’t know how. It was all too much.

The heart can withstand only so many onslaughts. Unlike bone or flesh, it doesn’t get stronger or thicker with every hit. Instead it closes like a shell and all you can do it fight to get it open. It can be done, I know. It wouldn’t be my first time getting it open again.

It won’t be my last, either.

Emotionaloverload

Post by Emotionaloverload » Sat May 09, 2015 3:54 am

[And Her Name Was Alice]

With so much confusion and concern attached to the new experiment results my choice to name her, to think about her might be considered a bad attachment. I couldn’t help myself, though. Once I knew, I felt the urge to treat her with love and respect. After all, we were in this together.

Lady Elaine told me to take it easy; to stay in town as much as possible. I spent all my time drawing images of her, of Alice. I daydreamed about what she was like. Goodness, it made me smile.

She is talented and persistent. Evidence by her ability to master the ninth circle in less a year and she can cast anyone under the table. Often times I struggle to hold her off, to slow her down. Yet, she is calm in a way that I can never do.

She likes music. In particular, string instruments are her favourite. I noticed that in Damara but I didn’t know how to see it until now. I like to think that she prefers the indoors to the out and maybe books of all kinds to pass the time. Perhaps she prefers cotton over silk and frocks over gowns.

You might think it silly but I so badly want to know all about her. I thought if I passed through every option I might notice something. I might feel something else, something new. Of course, I didn’t get much back. I didn’t mind it. Maybe she is shy or not strong enough.

I can wait.

Emotionaloverload

Post by Emotionaloverload » Tue May 12, 2015 1:16 pm

[That Sinking Feeling]

To have a great many loves and lovers means that you tend to spend some time every day missing at least one of them. It can be something small that reminds you of them or, at times, nothing at all. You will find yourself missing the recent ones the most because of location.

Today, I miss them a lot. Bryce was my fault. I was hurt by what he said and I wanted to show him but my choice of words was poor causing him to misunderstand. It doesn’t matter. It was still my fault. I’ve no right to make demands of anyone regardless of how many they may make of me. I’ll learn eventually.

Elizabeth, on the other hand, I shouldn’t be so torn up about. I realized it a while ago and I made sure to put some space between us so that no one would get hurt. She reminds me of a forest fire; something to be awe of from a distance lest the flames take you. Still, the thought of her tightens my chest with sadness. I can’t help it.

After a few too many glasses of wine I told Cel the story of the Music Hall in Damara. Brother Pneuma had it on my mind after the last set of experiments but he was kind enough to drop it after a while. I let some of it slip and Cel can never let anything go. Understandably, she didn’t like the story. She accused me of loving those that don’t deserve it; those that only leave pain in their wake.

I will concede that many, including these, cause mostly pain but does that make them undeserving? Love sparks without your consent heedless of those worthy. What does that even mean, to be deserving of love? Love is a feeling. It is not something you can withhold from others or yourself. It is not something reserved for those that occupy the moral high ground or the gentle.

Love is forever and for everyone. Let no one tell you different.

Emotionaloverload

Post by Emotionaloverload » Wed May 13, 2015 8:20 pm

[Sharing]

After the breakthrough this tenday it has been difficult to maintain focus. Em doesn’t think giving Alice an inch is a good idea but I’m not sure I agree. My casting has never been more precise. Her spell tactics remind me of an orchestra with each set playing harmoniously with the next.

Although, after the Waymen trip to the Crags I have noticed that we can’t both play with the same toy at the same time.

We have to share.

I tried to do that or, at least, I thought I did. Two moments for me, two for her; it seemed fair. By the end of it my thoughts were tearing this way and that like I was back in Limbo. I could barely stand from the pain.

I’m sure Brother Pneuma will have something poetic to say to help clear this up but for now I will have to rely on trial and error. I can only hope there will be less error.

Emotionaloverload

Post by Emotionaloverload » Fri May 15, 2015 6:08 pm

[Distractions]

I was supposed to sit with Brother Pneuma to discuss all the projects currently in motion. I was supposed to but I didn’t. There is something otherworldly about him that makes me want to share in everything he knows and share anything with him.

He ended up telling me the story of a Deneirian monk; Alair Blackthorne. Alair could see the world in script. I could hardly imagine a world so altered. I wish I could have met him so that he could help me understand. It was said that his vision of reality helped him comprehend it better but I’m not sure how that can be.

I spent all tenday thinking about it and I still couldn’t imagine it. Each thing is so much more than the words that make it up. Everything is creative and active. It draws from feeling; even something as simple as the rain has such energy about it that you can almost feel what it wants to say.

Perhaps the words made the feelings clearer to him, made him understand each thing completely. I hope they did. It makes me sad to think that his world might have been cold and too far reasoned. There is so much beauty and love to experience that no one should be exempt from it regardless of the path they take.

I ended up getting Alice a book on Deneir and a few others like him. Brother Pneuma thought it might suit her. We’ll have to wait and see.

Emotionaloverload

Post by Emotionaloverload » Sun May 17, 2015 5:08 pm

[The Struggle]

The dying candle light casts shadows over the chess table and smell of wine is still thick in the air from the evening’s delights. The players are dressed in red silks and finery; one a ginger youth and the other a dark skinned gentleman.

No, this can’t be. I was in Sibayad with a new Patron.

The gentleman looks up from the stalemate battle. “Hello, Sawyer. So nice of you to join us” His voice sounds the way molten gold looks when being poured.

The room is empty of company save for the pair. The youth staggers out of his seat in shock.

I can’t….

His eyes flutter; a gasp. He falls.

Emotionaloverload

Post by Emotionaloverload » Wed May 20, 2015 6:27 am

[New Loves]

After all the trouble lately it is nice to be able to revel in something beautiful. I’ve been thoroughly blessed this month with two new loves.

The first is a new Patron; a monk. He is wondrous like starlight; so delicate yet powerful. I actually have to use restraint around him to keep from fauning over him with every word and gesture. He startles as easily as a deer that I have to admire in silence, mostly. I catch myself trying to do anything to make him smile or laugh. Oh, that laugh that is so jubilant that it would make even the coldest heart take pause.

I take my respite by thinking of him. It is a delight.

The second is near indescribable; a healer. She fills me with joy the way only dancing at a Feast used to do; a breathless ecstasy that dazes you. She is playful yet has this note of caution about her as if she can’t shake it. Just the thought of her made me lose track of what even Brother Pneuma was saying. I long to see her relaxed, to see her smile.

I barely know what to do with myself when I’m not thinking of them. It is making it impossible to work or to help. I’ll have to find a way to indulge without drowning in it constantly. Although, this will be the first time I’ve ever tried such restraint. I can’t imagine it will go well.

Emotionaloverload

Post by Emotionaloverload » Fri May 22, 2015 2:58 pm

[Memories of Fallen Angels]

I cried for hours after Brother Pneuma left. I walled up in the darkest corner I could find and just prayed that no one would call or need me. It felt like I had fallen into a narrow hole and there was no way of climbing out; the walls were too smooth and too high.

After a while my hands stopped shaking and my breathing settled. I don’t even know how I managed it. I could speak without bursting into tears but I didn’t really have anything to say. I knew I would have to do it all over again when he asked. That fact wore me down.

I think I just spent half the next day staring at people while they tried to speak to me. Their voices bounced off me without a dent. I didn’t want to share it again. I gave no excuses, no explanations. I didn’t have the strength to repeat it. Not this soon.

I’m so tired now. No amount of sleep seems to fix it. I don’t know that I can do this anymore…

Emotionaloverload

Post by Emotionaloverload » Sun May 24, 2015 2:43 am

[How to Train Your Dragon]

The Waymen are so good to me. They have spent all their time dragging me out on trips lately to keep me distracted. I get taken to such dark and scary places that it sometimes feels like I’m a slave being tugged along on a leash.

I sort of enjoy it. I know it is terrible to say but I like not having the pressure of a choice. In a group, we all have our role to play; we are caged in our circle of duty and aren’t obligated to step out of it. It is calming even if half the time I was terrified out of my mind.

During one such trip, we came across Brother Pneuma. Honestly, I think he followed us. Maybe I’ve not been in a good place and it shows so he came looking out of concern. I hope that isn’t the case. He has more important things weighing on his mind that he doesn’t need to add me to it.

The reason I think that he did it on purpose was because when we reached Brog he was waiting at the gates after leaving us only a few hours back. It seemed odd to watch him loom but, I guess, I haven’t ever seen him truly concerned or curious. I can’t tell which it might have been.

He took me to meet a dragon. It doesn’t make a lot of sense when you say it out loud but it is true. I had always thought of dragons as terrible creatures that fly overhead and burn villages to the ground or steal maidens. I don’t much like dragons. I find them to be monstrous.

Still, we got out in one piece and with a story. He plans for me to meet another one. I can’t imagine why. Surely, one was enough but Brother Pneuma has all the best stories so I’m not about to pass up the chance.

He told me the story of a green dragon he once trained. Dragons consider themselves perfect for reasons I don’t fully understand or agree with. That caused a problem in training because the dragon couldn’t improve. Nevertheless, he called himself an emerald dragon so not to be confused with his kin that were a more darkly sort.

The dragon tried to change his nature, Brother Pneuma said. He wanted to forge his own through deeds. I’m not sure that is actually possible; to change who you are. You can restrain yourself or police your behaviour but that only changes things on the surface. That is not to say you can’t grow but even a fish can’t climb a tree like a monkey no matter how much it wishes it could or discipline it uses. It will always be a fish.

Of course, he didn’t agree with me. He reminds me of those ten thousand piece puzzles. Sure, you might get a handful of pieces together enough to see some kind of image but you still have thousands left to go; it could be anything and your first guess is likely all wrong.

It doesn’t matter. I love him in spite of it.

Emotionaloverload

Post by Emotionaloverload » Sun May 24, 2015 11:08 pm

[Outcast]

I collapsed at the Chauntea shrine. The pain was breathtaking like a vast canyon; you couldn’t experience it all in one look even if you tried. I wanted to wait for her. I wanted to explain but I could hardly move by the end. I kept thinking about how different everything was now. Just like the dragons, I’m this monster that has to hide away; that has to lie.

She did her best to sort me out. People came by and she lied outright without even a pause. She seemed to pluck excuses out of thin air. I was so struck by the ease and grace with which she managed it. I suppose I’ll have to learn the same quickly.

I don’t know how to proceed from here. I wish it didn’t matter so much to everyone. I wish they could ignore it but I know that they can’t. I can already feel it creeping in. It’ll be Chaos and I’ve no means to contain it.

Emotionaloverload

Post by Emotionaloverload » Tue May 26, 2015 2:48 am

[Say the Devil Made You Do It]

I’m sure many will disagree with my actions. They will say the Count is a bad man; that He has had an agenda from the beginning and I’ve played right into His hands. I don’t care. He has known more about this than anyone and in less time.

Brother Pneuma has tried all he can but the fight is well beyond him. Lady Daijin has remained mostly confused and angered by it. Lady Elaine has been more fixated on her own curiosity than finding a remedy.

He told me to go to Sencliff. I have to seek out the ‘true wizards’. Honestly, at this point, I am willing to try anything. If I am lucky, Casimir might be able to create what I have been told to get. This is the first idea I have heard in months that makes sense or, maybe, He can make anything sound good.

Either way, I’m excited about this plan. I’m happy to be a part of it. Now comes the hard part; convincing them to help.

Emotionaloverload

Post by Emotionaloverload » Thu May 28, 2015 6:16 am

[Sometimes It Is Not Love]

Some might be baffled to hear that I don’t in fact love everyone I meet. I love many people and enjoy a good deal of others but there are those that I find no joy in. This is not to be confused with people I dislike of which there are only two: Mika and Lady Merin for being remorseless and hurtful individuals to everyone that presents such an opportunity to them.

Out of all the people I find no joy in, Casimir is the most likely to graduate from the list, if that were not an impossible feat. He reminds me of a decadent chocolate cake in a glass case. You can tell just by looking at it that you will enjoy it immensely yet there is something in your way. Still, it doesn’t hurt to stare.

There is also Alastor. His arrogance is tolerable because I understand the need for men to show off whenever possible but his temper is far too much to stand. There are occasions when his curiosity and playfulness soften the blow of his presence but it is not nearly enough for joy.

Another is Archmage Angela. I was glad that the crisis allowed us to spend some time together but I’ve found her to be cold, overly ambitious and at times contrary. Nevertheless, her persistence is admirable and it is the feature I cling to when in her company.

All of these have been on my mind lately for different reasons. Things seem to be getting so chaotic that it is always nice to be able to make even something negative orderly again.

Emotionaloverload

Post by Emotionaloverload » Fri May 29, 2015 12:33 pm

[Death]

I still remember his face that night. Even in the dark, I could see his watchful eyes were affixed to me. He was afraid that I might do the expected thing, the rational thing. He didn’t understand that it is better to live in pain and misery than to die. It is better to feel.

I want so badly to use that thought now. This is too different from before. I can feel everything slipping. I am trying so hard here to recover and remedy the problem but the more I try the more it drags me in, drags me down like quicksand.

Each one is worse than the next. Today’s was monstrous. Out of everyone to choose from, it had to be Bryce. The entire walk back all I could think was how risky they said the procedure was. Maybe if I let them omit the third wizard, it would be that much more risky…

They need more time to work. I know they do. I just don’t know how much of it I have left to give.

Emotionaloverload

Post by Emotionaloverload » Sat May 30, 2015 2:33 pm

[And Then There Was One]

Nothing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnd3EXnrcok

Emotionaloverload

Post by Emotionaloverload » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:25 am

[On The Wings of Angels]

Elaine’s incantation echoed through the jailhouse. Even a Novice mage could recognize the foul magic: Necromancy. In the center of the room, laid out on runes, Bryce and Stath held the boy down. Neither screams nor struggling could fend the large men off; pressured by panic they pressed on.

“What have you done?”

The world fell away to clear skies and rock but the smell of charred clothes and fear still hung in the air like a noose. He was in the jailhouse and yet he was far away. The horror of it died down into silence; deafening silence electric with potential.

“I did what was necessary.”

Her voice used to be as sweet as spring rain but now was tacked with the sternness of purpose. Images flickered across the heavens; Bryce with his black sword, Elaine and the Necromancer, Daijin and the Stone. Time passed on and the pair remained.

“What’s happening?”

The rock began to crack and crumble. No matter where he turned he would lose his footing. Amadeo’s face lit up the sky. “Brook” he said “Look at me.” The ground fell apart and the boy fell with it.

“You’ll soar to the stars on the wings of Angels.”

Emotionaloverload

Post by Emotionaloverload » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:41 am

[Harpers and Violinists]

“Temper, Temper.” He said. The Count didn’t understand that the reasons were logical and the outcome inevitable. The anger, the feeling, was just a bonus. The rush of elation that follows when your rage has hit the mark is…I lack the poetry of language to describe it…It is singularly the greatest sensation that ever existed. You are left feeling new as if showered in warm, summer rain.
It is time to put everything in Order. It is only now that the work is beginning.

Slavers, Banites, Wizards, Knights…

….Lets play a tune and see who follows.

Emotionaloverload

Post by Emotionaloverload » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:56 am

[Wars]

I have found these ‘goodly’ folk to be oddly pathetic. Their motives and reasons are so narrow minded that even fungi appear intelligent in their presence. They don’t seem to understand how much this puts them in common with the Banites they so desperately wish to be rid of. Both parties confuse ‘good’ and ‘bad’ with Order and Chaos; that is their weakness.

That is not to say I don’t think that they should fight. By all means, fight. I’m not one to advocate non-violence but, at the very least, know why you take up arms; why you feel the way you feel. Is it really asking too much to expect people to be reasonable and thought out?

It must be because I have yet to see it done.

Emotionaloverload

Post by Emotionaloverload » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:00 pm

[Unstable Footing]

I don’t think a tenday can go by without someone falling into a grave they dug themselves. This time it is Elaine. She makes a point of surrounding herself with necromancers and other undesirables. Although, I can’t really blame her; if I had friends like hers, I would view enemies in a much more appealing light as well.

One such necromancer is Merin. She was testing the patience of the others. It was a thing of beauty, really. I kept expecting, hoping that one of them would act out against her or, at least, speak their feelings. Instead they whispered amongst themselves. Pathetic.

Merin has the unfortunate problem of being boundlessly irritating. She lacks any measure of authority and yet projects a vision of entitlement that she seems to think she deserves. It does wonders at putting everyone around her off. I can only assume that Elaine keeps Merin around to make herself look better which is much needed since her success rate is pitiful or she genuinely likes the necromancer which would only further my notion that she has the all the good judgement of a lemming.

Thankfully, I can make do and work with lemmings or necromancers.

Emotionaloverload

Post by Emotionaloverload » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:21 am

[Hell of a Time]

Excess provokes my thoughts to unravel or, worse yet, to compound. It makes me difficult to bear to others. I’m ‘bitey’, they say. I’ve done what I can to contain the damage of Elaine’s craftsmanship but I can only successfully support my end. I have decided to leave the bulk of the ruins to the Maztican healer.

There are so few people that I enjoy yet the Healer’s presence is soothing. She has such fight in her that I can’t help but think that the mages, the necromancers, the Banites and all the rest could do with some of that fight. I tire of them always playing the victim; it is unbecoming. They rely on their anger or their hate which weakens their resolve when they come under pressure. It makes them Chaotic and irrational. I believe this would be a wholly different conflict if they found their natural, passionate state of unprovoked aggression. I should be so lucky.

In the meantime, to maintain some semblance of Order, I’ve been delighting in the ecstasy of the Monk. Unlike the planes which daze the senses with elation, the concentrated azure Ki calms and organizes thoughts.

It is addictive.