Voices in the myst

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

torugor

Voices in the myst

Post by torugor » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:19 pm

Pain...undiscribable pain was Upir’s feeling as the blade perfurated his lungs and he fell just some steps to the Cordorian main square. His last sight was his inquisitor, a big orc whose name he has no memory off. As strong as the pain was the humiliation. A Direhar being captured so easily. One more of many battles he could not keep up with. Upir felt ashamed by his weakness. He felt ashamed he was not strong enough to impose his faith to his brother. He felt ashamed he could not defeat his enemies in the battlefield.

Upir was weak and his last defeat in the hands of Nathaniel was a proof of that. His brother survived he did not. As a penalty Upir was taken to prison, questioned and given to Cordorian guards who killed him repeatedly in the path to the big walled city. That was a torture, a mockery to Tempus himself. And again Upir could do nothing. The final blow was given in Cordor but this time the attempts to resurrect the priest and continue the torture didn’t work. Upir walked the halls of Kelemvor, his mind obscured by the fumes but filled with hatrid and shame.

And now expectation and even fear. He was not allowed to die in battle. His death was in torture after defeat. Would he be sent to Limbo to fight forever with his friends in arms on Warrior’s rest? Would he be returned to the mortal planes to continue his work? Or could it be a worst fate?

It was then that in the middle of the fumes Upir's soul received glimpses of what was to come. He saw his mission, the big portal opened close to Cordor, a huge army passing by it and marching to the gates of the city. He recognized the view as he had it long ago in the desert of Symbaiad and acnowledge he failed in accomplishing this goal. "I tried my lord! I really did...talked to the drows tried to find alliances...but" - his voice was shut by a strong wind of myst that soon after sent him another vision, this time he saw himself being taken to Cordor, constantly being killed and resurrected in the way. He watched desperate as his body was pierced by weapons, and it was then he heard the voice “SHAME”.

Confused, Upir started shouting to the mysts. “I was weakened by my foes in battle!! I had no weapon to defend myself! I was outnumbered!! What was I supposed to do? I feel serving you!!! I tried my best!!” And a voice came from the myst: “THE CODE”.

Upir listened the word perplexed. “The code? The code of war? They were the ones who broke it! The shame is not on me then...it is..*as upir realised it a small smile comes from his face* It was they who tortured a fallen soldier for pure pleasure..they are the ones who should be shameful...” - And the voice came calmly “TEACH”.

Upir listened to it confused…he got to his knees thinking for a while before speaking. “Teach? They will not listen! They never listen…I told them before I work for you and they didn’t believe. They said I was an animator like my brother is. And you want me to go there teach the code?” – “TEACH”

"You are asking me to die my lord!! They will kill me!!! They have no ears for the code, they only believe the code of Lathander or Tyr…pehaps even Bane!!! They will not listen to a Direhar spelling the code. They will ….they will kill me and what will I do? I will be dead unable to serve you. What should I do???"

Word didn’t come for a while. And then it came from the myst as strong as it could be, along with the vision of the portal and the troops storming through the walls of Cordor, thousands of warriors fighting in the streets. “REVENGE”

Upir raised from the death in Sencliff after. He had a mission to make and a lesson to teach.

torugor

Re: Voices in the myst

Post by torugor » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:35 pm

The days that followed were of preparations. Upir knew he had to make an ultimate sacrifice to his god, but it was not something he was looking foward. No...he feared. His fear was not for the pain of death as he was doing it as many times before in the name of his god....for faith. He feared of not doing it right and displease Tempus, taking away his place in the future that was to come. He had also sadness because he knew he would loose many friends he has collected.

The pirates of Sencliff accepted him even without the ink. He felt like part of their crew even without being in any. Also his work with the ogre of underdark was unfinished. He felt it wrong to leave things like that but he had to do what Tempus wanted.

First day after he was recovered, Upir sent a message to James Hightower. "Hello chancelleur. I am in need to discuss matters of faith to you. I want an audience and I am coming in peace, can you assure my safety? Direhar Upir Mordred"

The message was sent. No quick answer...it was good gave time for preparations.
Upir went back home, there Zeyn and Lucas Stillwater were discussing recent attacks. It was with great regret that Upir informed them both that he had to go to Cordor to explain how far they were straying from the code of tempus. Both received the information with perplexion. They urged upir to reconsider as they knew it would be sure death,
"It is sure death brother, but need to fufill the wishes of the god of war. I am his direhar and it is my duty to talk with them. They will not attack a direhar it would enrage tempus and mean only war in the long turn."
Both were still incredulous of Upir's conviction and said they would attack cordor were they to kill upir, a conviction that pleased the priest.
"If my death serves to cause war in the lands of Arelith, than it will have fufilled the right purpose as it is to please Tempus."

With great sorrow the priest said goodbye to Zeyn and Lucas and left to Shadowvar plane where he has scheduled several meetings.

First he found the great Ikarus. From the ogre, he heard the war was going well and that was close to an end with a big moot to discuss the terms of peace. Upir gave the ogre advice on how to address the negociations and a sack full of gold coins and potions of healings.

"Use this gold to make more armor and weapons to your troops. Make them wear proudly during the negociations and show power. Power will give you an edge to gain all your requirements. My gold is for you as its not meant for a tempuran to accumulate wealth, but to use the weath he gained to aid warriors in their battles."

The ogre heard incredulous of Upir's justifications to go to Cordor, and told him that if he survived it, he would be welcomed in the moot. To that upir felt honorable to have served such great warrior and purpose.

Next upir met with Zihlalu. He had asked Upir to join his fleet of pirates.

"Zihalu my friend. I can't serve you as first immediate as I may very well not be in this world, but in Warrior's rest in Limbo. I need to discuss matters of faith with Cordorians, a meeting i may not return from. But I want you to have all the gold i have left so that you can enforce your ship. Make it a battleship of respect, put a flag of Valkur in its sail and use it to wage war in the seas. Use it to plunder and to destroy cordorian's fleet and both Tempus and Valkur will be by your side. It will always find the way back to the safe shores of sencliff."

Zihlalu accepted the gold and also said farewell to Upir, agreeing to use the gold for the purpose of war.

It was night after all farewells. It was when back to Sencliff that James answered the message sent by Upir accepting to meet and garanteeing his safety. Upir saw the letter with some hope. Next day would be important he had to prepare his best armor and weapon to meet cordorian and teach them on the honor of war.