Doodles of a Scattered Mind

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Emotionaloverload
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Doodles of a Scattered Mind

Post by Emotionaloverload » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:49 am

Entry One

I came to the Safeday in Bendir Village to meet some others. So far its been a terrible bore. I got a notebook out of it. I can finally do some work without losing all those loose pieces of parchment.

I have been stuck thinking about the drones in the Cordor Sewers. I came upon one that was...accidentally dismantled. It looks as though they are running on gems, raw gems. Although there are enough vagrants in the sewers that no one would miss which makes me thinks there might be a chance that they have a more complicated spark of life.

I've taken up gnomen to try to decipher some of the parts that I have taken back with me. I assume no one will care if a few are unaccounted for.

Formerly; Echo Hemlocke-Ralkai, Joshua Colt, Namil Evanara, Elanor Shortwick, Sawyer Brook, Kaylessa Dree, Sines Oliver Selakiir, Birgitta Birdie Swordhill, Bella Weartherbee, Arael Laceflower, Corbin, Rupert Silveroak, Hadi the Slave and others.

Emotionaloverload

Re: Doodles of a Scattered Mind

Post by Emotionaloverload » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:42 am

Entry Two

I have been working in seclusion on the golem construction particulars; I didn't want anyone to get ahold of my formulas. The work has helped me ignore all the silence in the Halls. I really wanted to get involved here but there is never anyone around when I am out of the workshop. Except for High Magus Relds. He has been a escape from all the quiet.

Initially I tried Bendir. Twice even. I returned for their 'meeting' although it can hardly be called that. Once the baby-talk started without anyone jumping in to acknowledge it, I checked out. The hin here are so different from home. I am terribly home sick.

There is no where to /live/ here. Only places you can stay. I suppose I will have to throw myself into the High Magus' project. My notices will go out today.

Formerly; Echo Hemlocke-Ralkai, Joshua Colt, Namil Evanara, Elanor Shortwick, Sawyer Brook, Kaylessa Dree, Sines Oliver Selakiir, Birgitta Birdie Swordhill, Bella Weartherbee, Arael Laceflower, Corbin, Rupert Silveroak, Hadi the Slave and others.

Emotionaloverload

Post by Emotionaloverload » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:16 pm

Entry Three

I finally managed to finish the disease review. I think the only logical step now is to convert all the Epidemiological texts into mimics or hand eating golems to properly ensure that everyone else has as bad a time as I did.

It gives me time to finish working on my staff and gear.

I have been promoted. I would enjoy it if it wasn't for all the incidents recently. The Final Magus even managed to have one of his episodes in public, during a recruitment interview. When he is lucid, its amazing. We work beautifully together. When he isn't, its like watching a settlement burn – only you're in it.

Emotionaloverload

Post by Emotionaloverload » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:25 pm

Entry 4

I finally have some time and willingness to write for myself. I ushered a major project to review. There is nothing like a deadline to motivate you.

The quiet has given me a moment to consider recent events. I have been sorely disappointed by Brogendenstein and its dwarves. Up until now, I would have considered myself cold with age and experience but it pales in comparison with the harsh indifference the dwarves show to their vulnerable.

They have little, if any, compassion. Loyalty means nothing if you become inconvenient to them. I may be Amnian down to my bones but I am still a hin. Our communities rally around our sick, old or forlorn. We approach the problems of our kin with compassion and patience. Just as I have approached this problem until I could go no further.

I suppose it was foolish of me to believe that the dwarves would assist; that they would be kind and patient with their own. Their love is duty, their patience is obligation. They are far colder than the stone they built their halls with.

It is a sad thing to see. I have given golems more consideration than they give to their own kin that have a hint of being burdensome.

Emotionaloverload

Post by Emotionaloverload » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:56 pm

Entry 5

I was preparing for a meeting. I stepped into the Arcanum then I immediately forgot about the meeting for four hours; all the while doing research. If it was just that one time, I would understand. I've lost track of a conversation while it is happening. I've had to quietly try to recall what we were discussing. Are they just boring me?

I think to say one thing and then say something else entirely, or write something else entirely. Its becoming tiresome. Perhaps its these planets to blame.