Post by TORM IS KING » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:12 pm

To

KNIGHT CAPTAIN of the
MOST HOLY ORDER of the SACRED SHRIKE

GUARDIAN of the TORMTAR in LYRABAR
Acting with the DUTY of REVERED MESSENGER in LYRABAR

SIR LORTAS of the HOUSE SHENKORID

14 TARSAKH 1543

I bring sincerest apologies for not writing after the Incident of Athkatla. I did not think that striking down a murderous thief would have revealed so much about the corrupt and inept forces of that city and the lack of morality of those who are supposed to be its guardians.

Though you did received a brief about my incarceration and though full is my gratitude to our order for their payment of my ransom, I have been in deep contemplation and in penance since that day for I struggle to stomach where that wealth will go. As was demanded of me in Athkatla I took a ship into the realm of Tethyr.

In Zazesspur I was given hospitality and was hosted by the House of Rhindaun in the care of the descendants of a champion of that house who was known as the Shield of Innocence - an orog who was known to be a paladin of our Lord Torm. Though at first I balked at this my conversations with his descendants and the local Tormtar revealed the truth. He is declared a saint there by Loyal Order of Innocents. The Lord Torm is great.

After this respite I made immediate to charter to the isle of Arelith and though few could tell me much most was of its isolation, the interests of the Emprie of Amn on the island, and the constant tales of chaos. Others spoke of it as the seat of evil for minions of the Black Hand as well as being covered in sites of fiendish influence.

This included confirmation of the Master of Zanshibon whose minions and blighted blades took the life of young Artoz Holov. I thank you personally for the dispensation to travel this way to bring the SWORD of TORM against this fiend, that I might exercise RIGHTEOUS FURY. I thank Lord Torm, Lord Ilmater, and Lord Tyr for every moment I can honor the memory of Artoz Holov.

The trip to Arelith was uneventful. I found refuge on a temple-ship dedicated to the Lord Valkur and we arrived in the Port of Guldorand, which, was not upon the maps of this far off isle within our libraries. I have appended an up to date map- let it be known that the Duchy of Kholingen has sadly fallen, as has Benwick to the predation of the Lords of Hell, and that Cordor is no longer a vassal of Amn but ruled by a King called Edward the First, of the House of Cordor. He is unfortunately married to the Banite - Queen Jennifer Eldren.

I have traveled much of this island in this expedition. It is a strange place filled with wonder, with heroic individuals who fight back against the influence of fiends, monsters from the Underdark, and the influence of the Black Hand - which I must also confirm that the Black Hand's voice, Fzoul Chembryl is given some diplomatic concessions in the city of Guldorand.

It came no surprise to me to find that the Black Hand's forces had at one point allied to the Prince of Zanshibon though they were eventually betrayed to the followers of the Stormlord.

I cannot say I have found substance. But I have found much evil to strike down In the Name of Torm - the minions of the Black Hand wander freely in most realms and though they are not unified they possess a castle in a blighted land called Minmir - which I will write of later as I suspect it to have the influence of the Prince of Undeath under its soil.

There have been strange occurrences with local holy orders and even those who speak of their allegiance to the Triadic Pantheon.

Firstly - the worship of Helm is prominent among most guards of this land. They are most often pragmatic and without any fury or inspiration as you would expect from that church. I report that local sects of the Lord Torm's Church, the followers of his Liege Tyr, and the Martyr Ilmater seem to be under their sway as well.

Many seem concerned with my presence and my unwillingness to swear oaths to their jurisdiction. Few have recognized the authority of my writ of dispensation or understand that my oath belongs first to the Lord Torm and second to the Holy Council of Impiltur.

I will try to distance myself from these collectives as not to cause schism. I am however suspicious of the influence of the Church of Helm who betrayed their charges in the wake of the Godswar and the innocent folk of the True World. May the Threefold Gods grant them better visions than the Eye of Helm.

All, however, is not bleak. In hope and courage I have found companions. Firstly with an elvish champion of the goddess Eilistraee who is wholesome and kind. Another is an elvish seadog from Calimshan who despite his interest in coin seems to possess a willingness to fight - as if it was some challenge or sport. Given that in that place of sand and sorrow most demi-humans are given chains I can understand his outbursts. If you will believe it I have also come across an orog champion here on this isle - one who has sworn to Ilmater and found power over his evil nature.

Lastly, and most importantly, I have given the Right of Recruitment and the full protection of the Realm of Brogendenstein, the chief member of something called the Earthkin Alliance - this also was not upon our maps. This realm, lead by the Thane Falgrim and his Clan Vintergard are perhaps one of the strongest realms on the isle.

As you know the strength of dwarven mettle rivals that of dwarven metal - it did not surprise me that they granted me this honor. He was respectful of my oaths to both the Lord Torm and to our holy order. I will be permitted to recruit and build a fellowship to investigate the Prince of Zanshibon and face against other evils in this land. I was assigned a liason among their guards who I shall work with to maintain cooperation.

Along with the map I have included several gifts for the children of the Sacred Chalice Orphanage.

SWORD BROTHER of the
MOST HOLY ORDER of the SACRED SHRIKE

SIR ULYSS ABRAM the SON of SHERMAN