From the Ashes [Tephra]

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Talvenlapsi

From the Ashes [Tephra]

Post by Talvenlapsi » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:03 pm

[171AR]

The sand never stops being burning hot, but I was never one to be bothered by the heat. It makes me comfortable. In the sand, the sun is your worst enemy. The Sun is relentless. But for me, the heat has always brought a feeling of home. Of belonging.

Yet. I do not belong. I was born and raised here, I believe, but I do not belong.
But can I leave? What is outside my home. After all, working for the priests is best given for someone in my position. And it lets me be in peace - people do not wish to cause problems in the Judge's domain.

It all was normal. It was life given to me. But when the stranger who carried the wind with her, talked about this place, 'Arelith', I got curious.

So I left. The Stranger of the Wind guiding, to the new way of life. I wonder, how different can it truly be?
You need the Dark in order to show the Light.
- Left the Isle: Sabre Brightburst, Liberty, Lila Havenfall, Lillaniarin Dragonsbane, Avidelra Aza'Athreen, Hexflaerin Amav'fer, Eclipse Silverbane

Talvenlapsi

On the Road

Post by Talvenlapsi » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:59 pm

(171AR)

I have no idea where we are.
It isn't Mulhorand anymore, I'm certain.

The inn seems comfy. I like it. The Wind seems to know well where we're going.
She talked to me more about Arelith.

Yet, the way is still long. I'm growing impatient of waiting to see this new land.
- Left the Isle: Sabre Brightburst, Liberty, Lila Havenfall, Lillaniarin Dragonsbane, Avidelra Aza'Athreen, Hexflaerin Amav'fer, Eclipse Silverbane

Talvenlapsi

Uncomfortable

Post by Talvenlapsi » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:54 am

(171AR)

I don't think I can ever get used to being covered from head-to-toe in several layers of clothing. It gets really hot.

It's very uncomfortable.

Talvenlapsi

Lost

Post by Talvenlapsi » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:26 pm

(171AR)

When I think to the time that we spent in Mulhorand, I feel pity for the Wind. She was not used to it like I was.
Hard work on the tombs and graves, you see a lot of miserable people. People in despair, people on verge of death. People who worked so hard, they collapsed for moment.
But Wind was kind to them. She wanted to help - yet I'm sorry she had to go through it. It changed her, I'm sure. I helped her to be around those of Osiris - Atleast she'd be decently safe that way. People do not come to bother us, for it would mean the judge's disfavor.

But she didn't do so well on it - A.. Lot of small things that made it clear she can't stay here. I believe she meant well - to help those who struggle like we do. But death of the others was not the way - it just caused uproar. But she helped few. But also we lost some for her actions. I'm unsure how to feel about it - she tried to do the best thing..

But the fact is: people died. And people got free.
And we had to flee.

I am thankful that I was able to flee alive.

But this also means I can never go back. I left with her. I - supported her. I am now lost on the road. With no hope of going home - and it was all I knew of. What is life outside? I have always been there, working for the Church. Tending to the graves and tombs.

... I have no home, currently. And it hits me now.
Where do I go now? What is my path now - I .. I do not know. I hope Wind can guide me somewhere where there's a way for me to walk in.

Talvenlapsi

Arrival

Post by Talvenlapsi » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:17 pm

(172AR)

I have arrived, but without Wind.

I'm even more uncomfortable.