The Making of House Teken'Tyl

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

PEST CONTROL

The Making of House Teken'Tyl

Post by PEST CONTROL » Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:15 am

Alright here we go. My name is Tetris Teken'Tyl. This manuscript is a record of what I tried to achieve. If you are reading this perhaps I did. I am not a well learned so, hopefully my words are at least understandable. This is stupid. Why am I trying to write this again???

My task is to reunite a failed house. A house dispersed across the Underdark. I am the first born by mere seconds of 8 siblings. Octuplets, I guess. Female, male, similar or completely different, I don't know. What I do know is we all bare two different colored eyes. How I learned this perhaps I'll get into, but matricide is a difficult topic even for our people. Let's leave that for later.

Why am I trying to do this? Writing is hard, and having it make sense is even harder. Nobody is going to read this. More than likely these pages will be used for burning. Great start, already second guessing myself, then again, I have been doing that exact thing the last 50 years searching for a family I never met. Why waste time looking for family?

Maybe actually meeting ones has made a difference? Z'raeth and Z'reeth are their names. Identical females who are complete lunatics. Perhaps my mother's rancid womb infected their brains. Not going to get into my mother. Anyway, these two complete each other's sentences, and are some kind of seers. They call themselves Loth's chosen, but that could mean anything. It is good to finally find family. What am I doing?

I sure don't want anyone to read this if I start doing that. It's good to finally find family? A Drow openly admitting they are lonely? Look a life bouncing from one mercenary group to another is painfully empty, but... I am not getting into THAT either. My upbringing doesn't matter.

I need to remember to come back and black out most of this. If I had the coin for new parchment! I'm so poor.

Let's just make a list. I like lists, and they are easy. I can fix the mistakes later.

-I'm here to raise my lost house. A house ruined by my mother. A house of those marked with different colored eyes. Why? Because I am lonely, but I can't say that. Why because I want power? Sure, we'll go with that.

-I have arrived at the trade city of Anundor. A trade city near the surface that draws all kinds of crazies. Lolthites seem few, and our kind are not treated as they should be. In all my travels I have never seen females treated so poorly. Where do the lessers get off thinking they are equal? Yet, this is the only place I have had any luck finding family. Perhaps something about this city will draw more of my kin.

-A slave has actually been acquired. What luck! His name is Neo. A surfacer who looks mostly human. He may have some traitor blood in him, but I cannot tell. He only speaks in the surface tongue which I am terrible at. Still though, he seems too good to be true. He may be another house trying to infiltrate us. Who am I kidding? As if we are even important enough for that. My guess, he is looking for a house who is too small to treat him poorly. If I was a slave that is what I would do. Stay away from beasts who will eat me, stay away from large houses who will just beat me for sport, find a small house who actually would use me and treat me with some kind of decency. Because, one thing is for sure. I could never had captured him.

-I knew a list was a good idea.

To Do: Brush up on my surfacer tongue. I must sound like an infant to Neo, and we cannot have that.
Learn how to understand the lunatic Twins. They seem to speak in their own code. I need to learn it.
Look out for more of my kind. I have glimpsed others with our mark, or that is my mind hoping too much.

PEST CONTROL

Re: The Making of House Teken'Tyl

Post by PEST CONTROL » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:50 pm

So, we have officially become a house. This is both a good and bad thing. I think? I don't know. We even bought a dilapidated slum building in Treadstone. Got to start somewhere, right?
Found some more siblings, Zak'nik'tel a male who, not surprisingly, has some kind of mind defect. I guess the lunatic twins raised him, and it shows. Tartana, a beautiful female who looks much like the lunatic twins. She seems to act much like a child who wishes for attention. Finally, Aly'zine who looks like us, but I haven't spoken to much.

That's our house. Now what to do? I have no damn idea. We have made some waves, another house is offering to become an ally, with subtle hints they wish to consume us. I figured this might happen the moment we announced. A small house with a weak matron? Easy fruit I think the surfacers say.

The Lunatic Twins have been pushing me to be more stoic? Not sure that's the right word. Have more courage speaking to other matrons? I tend to freeze up. I get so nervous thinking how they will think of me. The twins say this makes me look weak. I know this, but what to do about it? Their remedy? A steady diet of booze. Liquid courage they call it. If I cannot feel my lips maybe they will loosen enough to speak.

I want to be careful though. Getting noticed by other matrons is a bad thing. It will only lead to others trying to consume us while we are still in our infant stages. They could do it through power or subterfuge. Either way, we probably couldn't stand up to either. We need to stay ignored as long as possible.

How do I know what I am doing is right? The hardest part of being a matron is caring for the rest of your house. Wait, that doesn't sound right. Maybe that is why I am doing it wrong? I just don't know! Care for my house or just care about myself? Myself, right? But, then the house doesn't last. I'm so confused.

My siblings and I aren't your normal Drow. Most of us, no all of us, should be dead. We each have a deformity that society says to destroy. Yet we live. That has to mean something, right? In fact, I see much of this in this city. Drow who are deformed, or quite insane are drawn to it. This is something our house and this city has in common, and maybe we could use it to recruit others? More of us and more likely to survive. A house of freaks alright.