Exerpts from the Diary of Pentunia Weatherby

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

AsteraceaeOculus

Exerpts from the Diary of Pentunia Weatherby

Post by AsteraceaeOculus » Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:13 pm

It is a few, scattered pages that seem to have fallen or torn out of a well loved journal. Despite the age and wear on the pages, the ink looks fresh. There are a few tooth marks from some kind of small animal on the pages, as well, perhaps a clue to what exactly caused said pages to scatter on the street.

It's eerie how little has changed here. I've been away for a year, and yet everything is exactly how it was when I left. The same rolling, green hills, farms, trees...the people are the same too. Ma says that there was the usual scuffle over who's pumpkin won the prize at the harvest festival, the Weatherby and Honeymeade rivalry is still strong, and Nan is still her curmudgeonly self. Honestly, it all reminds me why I left in the first place, it's all so stagnant...of course, with the constant chaos on Arelith, it's honestly a bit of relief. That said (written?) I already miss the crew. I hope the rations I made will keep-venison jerky and flatbread should stay fresh for quite a few days. I'd hate for the Merchant Navy to be reduced to hard tack!
---
It appears Ma and Pa believed that my entire crew was coming, and were very disappointed. If they weren't such homebodies I'd try to get them to visit Arelith, but Mom is a homebody and Pa could never leave his sheep and chickens. I think they think I'm crazy for leaving in the first place, still.
I think Nan approves of my work on the Island, and when I cooked dinner for the family, she told me that the family cookbook was in good hands. I've never been more honored!
---
Poppy screamed when she saw me. Said she had visions of my death at the hands of a mysterious man. I hugged her and told her I was fine-I wasn't a ghost. Obviously I was not dead.
I can never tell her what really happened. Not even my own sister.

---
I think we broke a world record for amount of witnesses at a Hand-fasting ceremony. It's usually just three to ten, but here we had the entire Greenshire Weatherby clan, as well as Ruby's friends. Violet and Ruby were both dressed in their finest-Ruby even had flowers woven into her beard! I think Nan didn't approve of a Dwarf and a Halfling together, but I think she's come around. What a ceremony!
---
Time to head back-Ma and Pa want me to stay a few more days, but I need to get back to Arelith. I bet everyone misses me as much as I miss them. it's strange, I feel like I am split between two homes now, Greenshire and Arelith. It's like my own heart has been split in two-and I am unsure how to ever reconcile the difference. Someday, I will have to choose between the two-I can't live these half lives forever...
---