A Green Knight's Tale

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

IronSpectra

A Green Knight's Tale

Post by IronSpectra » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:19 pm

"The captain was clear: we will sail to the frozen lands of Skal, we will dock in a small village called Skaljard.

Arelith will have to wait.

The cold and the constant storms made the crossing dangerous and unbearable for both the crew and the passengers of this bathhouse. I am not exempt from the hassles caused by bad weather.

The village is tiny, cold, and constantly battered by the freezing ocean air and heavy snowfall. Despite the inhospitable environment, this place turns out to be surprisingly full of life and quirks. There is a constant coming and going of merchants, knights and magicians and the stalls are full of weird and precious merchandise.

Although the village appears to be full of life, I cannot help but think of the slow and steady decline for which it is destined.

Away from the mob of people, I got to know an elf named Morag: a skilled swordsman capable of manipulating arcane magic. She could help me orient myself in this frozen land and discover its secrets.

At least until the ocean becomes navigable again."
- Reynart Lyonell
- Louen Deltalon - A Green Knight's Tale

IronSpectra

Re: A Green Knight's Tale

Post by IronSpectra » Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:26 pm

"We have pushed ourselves beyond our means, beyond our every possibility of survival.
We weren't prepared for what those caves held for us.

Our journey began from Castle Dunmarle: from there we began the climb to the highest point of the surrounding mountains, wilderness and untouched by human presence, apart from a small outpost long abandoned.

The climb was tiring: strange and legendary beasts barred our way over and over again and, as if that weren't enough, Auriel halted our expedition through a storm forcing the group to an abrupt halt.

The storm nailed us late into the night, but we finally reached our destination.

The locals call them "The Singing Caves": Inside we found fascinating crystal formations, and the walls were adorned with all kinds of gems and sharp obsidian.

The arches and the various rock formations were whipped by a light breeze that penetrated from small strategically arranged cracks in the rock; these gave the impression that the rocks were singing.

A fascinating, almost primal place, inhabited by what appeared to be stone golems, or perhaps sentient creatures?

The group proceeded with a disarming slowness, each new encounter with the creatures was found to be more and more difficult and dangerous, and each step was conquered through the use of a large number of resources, strength and blood.

We... we weren't ready for this."

- Reynart Lyonell
- Louen Deltalon - A Green Knight's Tale