Minto's Diary

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

MintoCloudpaw

Minto's Diary

Post by MintoCloudpaw » Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:40 am

Since I made Minto a year and a half ago, I have been writing diary entries for important things in his life. I ended up with 72 of them in the end. So I thought I'd share some of them, related to distant events and characters that are no longer around. Note that some of them are heavy, and some of them are lovey dovey! Also note that they are written without any proof reading or anything, as the intent was to write them as a stream of thought.

It'll take a bit to get through them all!
Last edited by MintoCloudpaw on Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

MintoCloudpaw

Re: Minto's Diary - Entries 1-5

Post by MintoCloudpaw » Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:41 am

Entry 1: Arrived
That was quite the trip! A long carriage ride and a longer boat trip. But I finally arrived in Guldorand.

It is so much bigger than Gran made it out to be. Something-something about Westcliff being the original. Anyways, asking for directions while broke? Got thrown from the Lighthouse.

At least Miss Gwenno and Miss Aliana were kind and helped me out. Gave me the long tour and showed me to Bendir. Lovely people, I hope to get to know them better.

Now I just have to find Gran and Grams. I'll stay in the basement of the inn, it's free and they'll stay surprised.

Entry 2: Found them!
Found Grams and Gran! Snuck out the back way and rode a horse on in, surprised them entirely.

They showed me the farm, much more comfortable staying here. Weird to sleep in Mum's bed, though. There is so much old stuff here. The cribs for Aunties, Mum's bed, a painting she did when she was half my age.

So strange. But also sweet.

Entry 3: Making Friends
The people of Bendir are so wonderful and warm. I've already made a few friends. There is already talk of them trying to make me Alderkin of Faith even! Maybe I will, I'm not sure yet.

But I do like it here, and I'm not in a hurry to return.

Entry 4: Three Months
A few days past my three month anniversary on the isle.

What a wild few months! I met a lot of lovely people in Bendir and Guldorand, even a few people in Myon that I like. There are a lot of really nice people, and I'm glad I came! Charlotte is probably my closest friend, even if she gives me such a headache. Reminds me a bit of Nettle; always getting into trouble. Ester and Aes are great and I'm really intrigued by their stories, their existence. I'm glad Aes has a crush on me, I really like her and I hope we can get her a body so that we can go on a real date. She just... Draws me in, I'm definitely a little in love with her. It's a great feeling.

I've been given access to the Winter's Rest library wards and of course Bendir's where I act as Senior Librarian. On top of the Aetherium and Earthkin Arcanum where I'm an scholar and magnus. So. Many. Books. It's wonderful. I've cataloged most libraries on the isle! The surface anyways. Also Alderkin of Faith, I guess I'm really liked! Adel's a bit jealous of that for some reason.

My Farseeing has been weird, I brought Aes on a farseeing trip with me and according to her and Ester my soul leaves my body. That explains a lot, really. I need to talk to Angela, or maybe Caen about this.

Entry 5: Things Happened
I have been far too busy.

Everyone wanted me to solve the Omens problem, as if I knew what to do! I have so many reports to go through and try to figure out what happened, what's happening, but it just seems like... Nothing is going to happen.

Which is great, the world isn't going to end. Probably. I'm so tired. Once planar things stop happening then I can write the book.

Caen gave me homework, I hadn't even accepted his mentorship! But I did start counting. Oh well, I can always quit if he's a jerk. But he seems like he means well, when he's not trying to weirdly intimidate me away.

I got to kiss Aes and that was great. I can't wait for her to get her own body. Then I can give her an actual hug. Sadly that also means she will be leaving, so I want to make most of our time together. I hope she doesn't choose to be a half elf, but that'll be on me to figure out, I suppose.

Of course I'd fall for a lady that doesn't even have a body yet, has to possess someone almost thrice my age, and wants to be a half elf. I really need to get better at this.

Last edited by MintoCloudpaw on Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

MintoCloudpaw

Re: Minto's Diary - Entries 6-10

Post by MintoCloudpaw » Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:12 am

Entry 6: Homework
This homework was boring, it was rather easy. None of the three books contained new information so it was rotework. Oh well, at least it only took me an hour to complete it all.

Now I just have to find Caen.

<3 Aes <3

Entry 7: Brightbursts
I talked to Myzz and Caen about Ester's odd behaviour of late. Caen as usual was very stoic and intimidating-Dad. Myzz was warm and friendly. Got to learn more about Caen, at least. Myzz's friends got very loud, but I did get to catalog her books!

Ester though... Well, I asked her, finally, how she felt about us. If she was happy. She wasn't, because she couldn't have me all to herself. But she would get over it. I asked her what was missing; was it just kissing and flirting?

She wasn't prepared for me to be Sheelan. I hope it was the right thing to do. It was nice to kiss her. But, I hope it doesn't make it harder for her.

Or for Aes. I want to explain it to Aes, I hope she realizes that kissing Ester doesn't mean I love her less. I hope they can both accept that I can love many people and my love not be lessened.

I wonder when Ester will want to kiss again. I think she's happier for it; but will it just be a temporary reprieve before a crash? Or will she stay healthy?

I love them both and I would hate so much to hurt them. I don't know if I'd be fine people knowing I kissed Ester; given she's as old as Gran and Grams. It's weird; it's not like she's ancient. It's just weird to date who knew your Mum as a kid; or who knew your Gran when she was your age.

<3 Aes <3 Ester <3

So complicated, such a mess. But we'll work it out.

Entry 8: My Mhifhai
Aes teleported out after the showing, it was great to see her. I wasn't prepared for how sad I felt at her leaving. After a quick meal I went to find her, found her in the barracks.

We talked.

She knew. Still came to see me, still loved me so fiercely. Oh how I adore her.

We talked, I explained it all, she said she understood. I called her my Mhifhai, my love. She did too. We held eachother as we went to sleep.

She told me about her hopes to have a tallfolk body one day, when she had her own. I hope she's not /too/ tall in her new body. But it doesn't matter.

I truly love her more than I have loved anyone else.

<3 My Mhifhai. <3

Entry 9: Festival
Since I've come here there have been several festivals and ceremonies: The one I helped Midi with, the Ceremony of protection and most recently my festival for Brandobaris.

It was chaos, drow attacks and dragons and all sorts of nonsense including a spurt of rain. We managed to actually hold the treasure hunt, and I think most people enjoyed themselves (other than Baldi and Valen, I'll have to apologise) and some people were a bit bored. Overall I think people enjoyed it, though.

I'll figure out something more interesting for next time!

Entry 10: The Red Dragon Isle
It was my third time to the dragon isle and...

It went poorly.

We were fighting the smaller dragon when suddenly we had help. We didn't even entirely notice them right away. Suddenly we were surrounded by a firbolg and human and several drow; already to slay us.

Yet... We talked. They let us go if we swore to not hunt in the underdark for a month. Easy. Done. Yet - I stood there the entire time trying to figure out how to survive only to... Not need to...

I curled up in a ball and hid from the world in the library. Valentin found me, held me close. I always knew he was interested in me, and he was just so sweet. Charlotte came too, and Bash helped... But it was Valen who took me home to hold me close while I slept.

I was really shaken.

He made me a lovely breakfast; and after a kiss goodbye I returned to Bendir to get my things. I just needed to be away.

Candlekeep.

It was nice, even if they didn't really let me in. Safe, full of books, so much knowledge. I need to return with a proper expensive book.

Thank you Valen <3

Last edited by MintoCloudpaw on Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

MintoCloudpaw

Re: Minto's Diary

Post by MintoCloudpaw » Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:06 am

Entry 11: Charlotte
Charlotte left, I'm sad. She was my first real friend here.

She was always a bit strange, never flirting back and being so touch resistant; but as soon as I stopped she flirted and acted interested. I think if Belm hadn't been around she'd have been interested, but...

She wasn't really right for me; never really being emotionally available on the level I wanted, our needs didn't align. She wanted a lot more adventure than me, too. I miss our trips together.

Travel well, mighty Darastrix.

Entry 12: Izahne and the Speaker of Fortunes
Izahne was someone I met during the stars issue. I remembered her but didn't exactly go out of my way to seek her. So it was to my surprise when she requested my help through Tove on an issue.

Karathas had felt his name stolen, and so had many others; the Arcanum was consulted on it. We didn't find much, and the case was dropped with just monitoring. So even more of a surprise she came to me directly through Tove. Well, I said I would help (I'm bad at saying no).

When I visited her for her examination I expected her in worse health, and fewer people; no matter several guards and Seitera. Going through the going ons and making sure I was up to date (for Ester's benefit since I brought her), I learned that Ester and Aes had theirs taken too. Grr. That made me mad that Caen hid that from me, didn't let them tell me. I understand, but also - doesn't he know how much they both mean to me? Can't he trust me at all?

Well anyways, I examined her, Caen burst in and made a scene then let me examine her. Found nothing overly interesting. Then I was pulled there a few days (making me late for stories!) to witness a transaction. A banite dagger for five scrolls detailing the soul ripper... For some reason. At least we were able to get the names out of her in exchange for the Speaker of Fortunes having a date with me. A planar librarian, I'm looking forward to it. Aes wasn't pleased, but she understands, I think.

Something else to worry about.

Entry 13: Jealousy

When I saw Ester chase after Shannon, not once, but twice I was... Jealous. How silly, she's still my friend, and I'm being greedy. But it was nice having her dote on me so much; to want me so much. Yes, I didn't return her affections, but now that she's giving them to another... I sort of want to.

If only she wasn't three times my age.

I just want to hang out with her and Aes, and Shannon is rather hogging them both. Rather frustrating, that. Ester was preventing Aes from seeing me out of jealousy too; so it's been frustrating all around. Maybe I should've been firmer on boundaries, but I don't want to hurt Ester, I love her too.

Speaking of jealousy, Aes confided in me that she was jealous of my spirit dance with Izahne. How adorable. She was worried that this was bad, but how could it be? Jealousy is normal; it's fine for her to be jealous just as it is for me to be jealous. It's how the heart wants more.

She really loves me deeply, and I adore her. We'll have to go on that date soon.

Entry 14: King of Librarians

Somehow I've managed to get access to the wards of almost every major library. The Winter's Rest, Bendir Library and the Embara Ethromont library in the Arcane Tower. Gwenno joked that I was trying to become the King of the Librarians, and in a way I am. We're closing in on seven hundred books in the library. This is just amazing.

I've cataloged 19 libraries now, including Myzz's private library. Hopefully I can get access to the Myon barracks to do theirs, and now that I have Kuldarn access I can do theirs. I wonder if I can get Cordor barracks access too... Especially if Izanhe is reinstated... Wouldn't that be amazing? If I could then get the Rangers, I'd have access to every military barracks dossier.

We will get to a thousand books in Bendir, I know it!

I also promised Aes a date to a library, so maybe I can bring her to the Aetherium. I know she hasn't seen that one, at least.

Entry 15: Beach Date

Aes reached out to hang out, and I knew it was the perfect time for the date. I had spent time growing and blessing a tomato plant for her, after the flowers from Abel didn't work out (sorry Aes, they were too nice in the Temple). I told her to meet me in Westcliff so we could go to the Aetherium, while I ran home to get it and a carpet to sit on for a picnic. Fortunately filching food from the bar is a quick way to prepare a meal. I also remembered the painting palettes, I wonder what she'll paint.

It was, as always, wonderful to see her. Even though she wears Ester's form, once she speaks she stops my heart. We went, arm in arm, to the Aetherium (once we found where Gwenno moved the library again), and she enjoyed herself, I think. Though I think she enjoyed just being around me even more.

We decided to go somewhere warm, afterwards, to the beach in the jungles. I laid down the blanket, got out the food, lit a small fire to see by and we just sat together and enjoyed a nice evening. She is always so shy, it's adorable; but I think I bring out the best in her.

We went to deliver her tomato plant to Caen's balcony and ran into the pair. Aes apparently let Myzz know we were on a date, because she responded with her love for us both. Funny enough we went to teleport back to the Dale to avoid talking with them more, and Myzz and Caen had teleported at the same moment! We talked a bit more and Caen let me in on the secret that they were weeks away from the ritual.

I'll have to pester Myzz for more training, and Caen.

[The name 'Aes' is surrounded by little hearts at the bottom of the page]

MintoCloudpaw

Re: Minto's Diary

Post by MintoCloudpaw » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:10 pm

Entry 16: Death
Ester is probably going to die. My heart hurts for this. I can't even tell Aes, will she forgive me for not being honest with her? It hurts to know I may lose either of them, I love them both so dearly. What if I lost Gran or Grams, or Valen, or so many others? Loving is hard, it's painful. Please don't die Aes, or Ester.

Malek-dorn helped me feel better, he's a kind old dwarf; a good person.

"Make your own happiness as best you can, counting your blessings and find the joy you can have."

Entry 17: Felriss
I still laugh at the thought of how I met Felriss. I knew Malek had a granddaughter, and that he hadn't wanted to dance with her. So it was perfect to tease him with: "A shame you couldn't come to the Winterspice party, your grandfather was so looking forward to dancing with you."

He harumphed and said he didn't dance, and it was just too perfect to say "Well I do, would you like to join me for a dinner and a dance sometime?" and she agreed. She seems sweet, and kind; a seeker of knowledge.

I met with Malek-Dorn later to discuss my 'intentions' with his granddaughter. I was straight forward and honest. I told him of why I love, and how I love. He didn't like it, but he appreciated the honesty and gave me what amounts for his blessings. So I can date her, we'll talk, and we'll see how things go!

She is kind and sweet, I hope she is as nice as my intuition suggests.

Valen also told Malek that I was genuine, honest, helpful and have never done anything wrong; that I was honourable. I hope that helps, I suppose that means he told Malek that he's my partner too. I still have to talk to Aes about it, but I think she'll be fine with it.

Entry 18: Attacked
I was attacked. At the Temple. My HOME. It doesn't feel safe anymore. They ruined it. So much damage.

Why?

Because of Power. Serving the demon prince for POWER. So stupid.

I'm stupid. Thinking it was a prank. Who pranks like that? Why didn't I clue in when I saw the dead hin? Why didn't I bring someone? Why didn't I pray and ward first? Why didn't I attack when she dispelled the demon? Why didn't I just attack and banish the demon?

I almost died. Sacrificed to a demon. My neck still stings when I touch the scaring, heat. Fire. Marked. My hand is rough. The finger is healing after she tore it off. Sheela, it hurt so much. Arvoreen why wasn't I more careful.

[A few splattery-drops indicate tears had fallen and dried on the page]

Entry 19: Datura
High Magnus Datura Willowgrave. When I first met her, she was scary, so firm and uncompromising. Her being a necromancer didn't help, of course. But as I've gotten to know her, it's clear she does care about others; she wants to make sure that we can all work to our best capability.

I've made sure she knows I care about her too, and while she doesn't say it, I think she appreciates it. We've had tea several times now. I enjoy listening to her stories. It breaks my heart that her mind is failing her. For a researcher the mind is the most important thing. We've a plan in place, we'll fix her - but it'll take time.

It's been nice to really use my skills as a healer, even if I'm in over my head. Being to scan someone spiritually, physically and magically, come to a conclusions and act on it. It's very clear that loving socialization helps her, so I'm happy to continue to provide.

Please wait long enough Datura. We'll fix you.

Entry 22: Projection
Didn't want to add this great news in with my previous entry! Ester had this idea for a binding circle of projection so that she and Aes could walk freely. Instead I improved on the design to make a Gem of Projection. That way they can both exist anywhere, no circle needed.

It was great to be able to talk to them both at once, to hug them both at once.

Now when they live with me, they can both exist. They can both live lives.

Magic is amazing!