A Love Story

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Emotionaloverload
Arelith Platinum Supporter

A Love Story

Post by Emotionaloverload » Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:12 pm

My ship was diverted by poor weather, landing in Skal. With all the violence and Chaos there, I saw no reason to stay but the land, parts of it untainted by foulness, reminded me of our winter in Damara.

Tall beech trees were coated in the recent snow and the ground was undisturbed, for the most part. With the sun out again, the forest stirred.

A man dredged through the ankle-high powdery snow. He was bundled from head to toe in fine wool and soft hides; dressed as though it were the wintry end of the world, but in style. Peaking past his heavy scarf and wide hood were stunning green eyes and olive skin. This, of course, was Ata.

“You best not be making a snowball again or, so help me Azuth, I will fight you,” Ata called back.

Not far behind, a large man was trying to covertly make a snowball. He was dressed in plain, wool-lined leathers. His dark skin, braided hair, and strong features were unadorned by accessories. This was Amari.

“Uh..” Amari dropped the snowball and hastily dusted off his hands. “No...I was looking for rocks.” He turned and flashed Ata a playful grin.

“Mhm~ Ata rolled his eyes but smiled.

The pair walked hand in hand taking in the quiet morning.

Formerly; Echo Hemlocke-Ralkai, Joshua Colt, Namil Evanara, Elanor Shortwick, Sawyer Brook, Kaylessa Dree, Sines Oliver Selakiir, Birgitta Birdie Swordhill, Bella Weartherbee, Arael Laceflower, Corbin, Rupert Silveroak, Hadi the Slave and others.

Emotionaloverload

Re: A Love Story

Post by Emotionaloverload » Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:22 am

I have been researching as you taught me. Although, I cannot bring myself to do it in libraries. I cannot muster up the effort to do it at the Heartwood; it is too empty and lifeless there. So I find myself doing it in taverns. Even at the bar.

Amari stood at the bar, drink in hand. He chaffed against the silk clothes. Inexplicably, the sleeveless shirt only buttoned up halfway and the silk pants fit a little too snugly around the thighs. The colours were bright and embroidered with gold thread – certainly a look.

The party bustled around him. It was a gathering of merchant houses. The room was flooded with attendees dressed in finery, drinking, and chatting.

“Are you working tonight?” A man took a spot beside Amari against the bar. His long dark hair was finer than any silk in the room. Olive skin was perfectly kept and adorned with gold and gems. He had slender features and sparkling green eyes; all topped with nearly sheer loose silks in a style popular among Sharessans.

“Yeah. I guess, technically, I am.” Amari said.

“Oh good.” Ata smiled. “I thought it was going to be a dull evening.” He placed his hand on Amari's arm.

Amari felt his cheeks go hot. “Uh. Iamadruid –I, I work for the hosts. I'm uh...working...as a druid tonight. That's how I'm working. As –I'm answering questions –about the expansion.”

“Ah...” Ata drew his hand away with a polite smile. “My apologies. Although that outfit is...sending a message.”

Amari's entire face cringed. “It was a last minute decision that I come –I don't have party clothes. They did...I'm difficult to dress.”

Ata chuckled. “Well, it made an impression on me.”

Amari grumbled, taking a sip of his drink.

“Why don't we start over, hm? I am Ata, Loremaster of Azuth. I am here with the delegates from Calimshan.”

“Amari, of Grumbar.”

“I don't see many druids in the cities. Are you here to rail against sailing?” Ata smiled, teasing.

“I leave that to the Priests.” Amari took a healthy sip of his drink. “I prefer the cities. There is much work to be done.”

“Good. I need someone big and strong to show me around the city.”

“You've never been to Tashluta before?”

“No, but I see its reputation for beauty is no lie,” Ata said, leaning in. He flashed one of his grins; charming and playful.

Formerly; Echo Hemlocke-Ralkai, Joshua Colt, Namil Evanara, Elanor Shortwick, Sawyer Brook, Kaylessa Dree, Sines Oliver Selakiir, Birgitta Birdie Swordhill, Bella Weartherbee, Arael Laceflower, Corbin, Rupert Silveroak, Hadi the Slave and others.