Demons of the Past [Celestia Merlin]

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Demons of the Past [Celestia Merlin]

Post by CragOrion » Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:28 am

((wrote this about 5 years ago))

Celestia, honey, come on,” the woman called for her.

Mom? Isn’t that mom?

Celestia looked around at her old home. It wasn’t one of the nicest houses in Cordor, but it was still big enough for the three of them. Adventuring has its perks, mom always said.

Mom…” she thought again.

“There you are, dear,” Her mother said as she came over to her. The woman knelt down and kissed Celestia on the forehead.

Celestia’s heart felt big in her chest. Mom is here! She immediately wrapped her arms around the woman. She wanted so badly to tell her everything. But there was no time for any of it. No time to tell her just how scared she really was.

“Come on, honey.” Her mother stood and took Celestia by the hand. They went through the house, which seemed like a blur. Then they were upstairs.

“There’s my girl,” Her father said as he scooped her up in his arms.

“But daddy, I’m…”

“None of that, pumkin,” He said as he kissed her face.

A sense of dread was filling Celestia as she started to feel a horrible familiarity about all this.

“But I don’t want to go in the closet, I want to come with you,” little Celestia protested as her father set her down.

“It will be all right, Celestia,” her mom urged.

“This is the safest place for you,” her father chimed in.

The sense of dread was overwhelming now. She knew how this all ended. She couldn’t let them go! “But you’ll never come back! You can’t…”

“Nonsense Celestia, Tyr will not let us be defeated here, and once we have defeated Paush and his minions, we will be back, and we can be a family again.” Celestia wanted to trap them there with her, stop them from going, but something else caught her attention. A sound, like waves crashing, then flashes of a blue sky behind puffy white clouds, the horizon, sitting atop the blue of the sea. But her mom was saying something. She tried to focus on her voice.

“We will do everything we can to…back to you, I promise,” her mom was speaking those familiar words.
But, was it her mother?

Suddenly the closet door was shut, the sound of it instantly drove a sense of panic into young Celestia. She was left with only a candle and a couple matches. The flickering light played against the inside of the closet. Shadows began to play tricks on her, giving form to her fears. Shadowy demons dancing across the wall, teasing her, taunting her.

“They left you!”

“…never coming back!”

“…helpless…”

“…feast on their souls…”

“…and then yours!”

Another flash of a dark room filled with robed men performing some sinister ceremony appeared to her.

And then, a shrill, terrified scream filled the halls of The Magery.

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire