A History Redeemed

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

I_Am_Death
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

A History Redeemed

Post by I_Am_Death » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:11 am

The soft crashing of waves against the ship’s hull created a soft spray of water that covered his face. He didn’t notice. His eyes were fixed on the closing city in the distance. Cordor. His mind flashed with images of flame and smoke. Bright flashes blinded him and the smell of burning flesh filled his nostrils. He closed his eyes and cringed. The screams were still ringing in his ears.
He looked at his palms. He could remember the raw power they produced and the destruction it caused. The flames flashed in his mind again and he slammed his fists onto the ships railing. The pain was crawling through his mind, eating his conscience and crippling his body.

Tears formed in his eyes. The horrors of his actions haunted him every minute of every day. He looked at his palms again, trying to force magic to flow through them once more, but the best he could manage was a mere electric jolt. His power was gone. What once was his greatest feat had become his greatest enemy, and then abandoned him.
But he hasn’t given up yet. He will right the wrong he has done, and he will restore his power to its former glory.

Determination filled his eyes and his face became stern.

He will get his power back, and this time he will be the master of it. This time, he won’t lose.

I_Am_Death
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: A History Redeemed

Post by I_Am_Death » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:33 pm

Hebrion walked through the woods, thinking back at his arrival in Cordor. It was a cold and windy day, but with the help of a few locals he found some warm robes rather quick. He had begun his search for a wizard already, asking for help wherever he can, but at this point the only information he got was that a wizard that goes by the name of Anduil might be able to help him. Unfortunately there has been no sign of this man. Yet.

The people he met all seem flabbergast at the curse he has, struggling to believe that a sorcerer can lose his power, but they have been helpful at most times.
There was an attack in lower Cordor late one night. A flaming demon smashed and burned everything in his path, killing many. The thought made Hebrion cringe. A strange power also caused the dead to rise…

Hebrion clenched his fists as memories of his hometown came flushing back. The fire, screams… It was all too familiar. He knew that the urgency to find a capable wizard has grown more intense, and his patience had started to grow thin. Frustration filled him as he forced energy through his palm, producing a slight jolt of electricity. He looked ahead of him, unsure of where he was going, and trudged on with a single thought in his mind.

Anduil… Where are you?

I_Am_Death
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: A History Redeemed

Post by I_Am_Death » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:25 am

Hebrion stood in silence as the wind caressed his cheek. It was quiet and in the distance he could hear the deer scuffling about, playing as if they had no care in the world. His stomach grumbled. This would be the first time he went hunting without his proper power, and he was unsure about how he should proceed.

He closed his eyes and pictured his most trusted companion- a Fire Mephit who he found and befriended when he was a young boy, except of course at that time it was still a mere Imp, as the violence and war had not yet transformed it into its final state. Hebrion focused his magic and reached deep into the Astral Plane where had sent his familiar and called out to him. 'Agator! Come forth my friend.' There was a sudden flash of blinding light, and as it receded a small rat stood before him.
“Agator?” He looked confused.

‘Your powers have weakened, Hebrion. Like I told you years back- the form of a familiar is determined by the power of its master. I am sorry, but this rat form is the best I can do for now.’ Agators voice echoed in his head.

Hebrion lowered his head in shame. “I know. I am sorry to have done this to you. I did not plan for it.” His stomach grumbled again, and realizing why he was summoned Agator nodded at Hebrion. ‘Let’s go get something to silence your hunger my friend.’
Quietly they walked through the forest until finally stumbling upon a deer. As if reading each other’s thoughts, they spread out and circled the creature. Then, without warning, Hebrion summoned a barrage of magic missiles that crashed hard into the deer, sending it bellowing to the ground. Without command Agator screeched out of his hiding spot and brutally chew at the deers ankles, immobilizing it immediately. Hebrion rushed closer, slowly forming a small dagger of rock hard ice in his palm. Mercifully he slit the deer’s throat, killing it without too much suffering.

Quietly he sat at the fire, eating parts of the already cooked meat. He had sent Agator back to the Astral Plane as their short skirmish had taken quite a toll on the little rat. Thinking back at their hunting session Hebrion knew that his quest here in Cordor was going to be a very difficult one if he could not find a way to improve his magical ability soon. He continued gnawing on his steak, thinking about what he should focus on next.

Tomorrow was going to be a long day.