A single happy voice in the choir of leaves

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Jettjackson

A single happy voice in the choir of leaves

Post by Jettjackson » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:54 am

Here is what Beyaz, the halfling druid, told the silent dryads in Heartwood Grove when she, for a moment marvelled by her surroundings, sat down to relax upon an eventful day...

Oh, I love this place. For the first time after I landed in Cordor, I finally feel I'm surrounded by a balanced and unspolied world. You've probably never been to the city. It's horrible I tell you. The red haired dwarf - a guard i think - allowed me to plant seeds around town. Hopefully in while plants will start to grow up. In some strange way nature seems to have been pushed out by cobblestone and brick walls. Nobody really seem to care. I met a few nice people though. Some watch-fellows claming to be guardians of the nature around Cordor. They invited me to join their cause. They were busy killing goblins in the forests - They don't allow them near their city i appears. Oh and I met a commander from the city watch. A powerful woman who once trained with monks in a far away monastery. I helped her cultivate the cotton plants in a town - I can't remember the name of it - and she showed me the way to this grove - took me through an old town overrun by devils and she conjured a real live dragon. She must have a special bond with the gods. I wonder if Silvanus would ever bestow such power in my hands.

Oh well... I also met a murderer...an orc. Just outside the grove. He seemed nice enough and he certainly had respect for the grove. He said he was a hunter not a murderer. Maybe sometimes the difference can be hard to see...don't you think?

I'll go look for the archdruid now. I'm eager to start learning more! Talk to you later!

Jettjackson

Re: A single happy voice in the choir of leaves

Post by Jettjackson » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:06 pm

Beyaz continues her story to the silent dryads.

Still no sign of any other druid. I'm going to stay in the grove - here with you and the deer. Oh, and I met a funny hin called Dizzy today. He helped me fend offa gang of large goblins or whatever creature they were. He is the first person I've met - since coming to this island- who actually feels sad about killing these "monsters". I am happy that he shares my view of things. Hopefully he will become a good friend in time. He and another woman called Butter...uhm...something, lives in Burrowhome. The hin town. I might go there when things get too lonely in the grove.

Another woman in Cordor - oh! A woman who is skilled in killing dragons! Turned out to be yet another blind follower of "civilized" law in Cordor. The law that prohibits me from bringing Pear or any other companion into the city. She just said - and I still don't know why - "it's the law". Well...the law is obviously flawed and conflicts with the true balance. Oh well...I swept the floors today in the cave here in Heartwood...You know just in case anyone shows up. You guys just..hang around here, right?