The Cost of Honour

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

SigurdTheMighty

The Cost of Honour

Post by SigurdTheMighty » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:48 pm

Calduil sat, dealing a soggy card to his friend and once student, Daltanius. Voyages on the Arvora were long tedious affairs, but a task that was integral to the running of the trade city. Calduil sensed a silence, looking up to his companion, he asked “You’re awfully silent Daltanius, by this point of our voyage I am normally prey to your tales of grandeur and suspense. What haunts your mind?” “I.. I..-“Cutting him off, the door to the cabin flew open, sending cards flying. Calduil rose, to be saluted by Adams, who had a hin by the scruff of his shirt. “This’n was tryin t’ climb the riggin’ sir. Said he had a message fer the bloke.. Dalt. Sommat about some cabin or somesuch blight. Want us to shove the blighter in the brink? Reckon we could get some distance if we used the grapplin’ hook, heh! Pew! ‘eh can greet the mornin’ lord in person! Heh!” Calduil raised his hand to stop Adams partially drunken attempt at humour, which had the hin ready to boot the sailor with a cheap trick. Daltanius did not raise his head to see the hin, he knew the message meant only one thing.
“Imperceptor Pelagius” Calduil paused for an uncomfortably long time, the old name bringing back old unresolved crimes and horrors. The elf took a breath before speaking, in a tone as cold as Cania; “The hells have you done.” Daltanius shifted uncomfortably under the piercing blue gaze of the senior Paladin, “He.. Raised me from the dead Calduil.. Using the power of Bane. I cannot let that go. He bound my oath that I would owe him. He seems to wish to collect.” Calduil was beside himself, once, long ago another Paladin had been yielded to the evil machinations of Pelagius and she did return, but as nothing one could have ever recognized as a Paladin of the Light. “So I need to get dropped off, so I can go meet my appointed fate, to be cleansed of this.. debt.” At this, Daltanius rose, and headed over to give new order to the helmsman. Calduil followed like a storm on his heels.
“Frank, Take us out to sea! The Officer here seems to have lost his mind!, there is nowhere to go, Daltanius, and Frank will not return us anywhere near land till you see sanity. I will not yield you to the Banites, and you have no other options. I taught you, guided you, put so much of my hope into you. I cannot bear to see you claimed by evil.” Daltanius was enraged and stormed about the ship, pacing and fuming. “I must go, Calduil. I gave my oath, I cannot have my families honour falter because of me!” At this.. Without allowing Cal to interject, or argue further, the fully plated warrior jumped into the sea. “DALTANIUS!” Calduil, just in leathers, jumped in after the younger knight.

(*may be slightly embellished for effect) More next week if folk feel up for it, lemme know.

Daemonykos

Re: The Cost of Honour

Post by Daemonykos » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:38 am

keep it up i am very interested in how this turned into the elf i met on the road.