Wisdom, Wanderings, and Wisecracks

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Candleshine

Wisdom, Wanderings, and Wisecracks

Post by Candleshine » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:36 pm

I am Laerke Amoreleaf, or to aid those who have trouble with elvish, I am Lark Amoreleaf in the common tongue. It is simply easier for most people to pronounce. I have been on this world a little over a century in the human calendar, though in the elvish calendar I am still quite young. My father is Sparrow Armoreleaf a ranger of some regard, and my mother is Vivilain Springsong a musician of some regard. Both came together to create a family in their love and I am the result of that. Though I have been through many things while in their care, it suffices me to say that they raised me well, and helped guide me onto the path that I have chosen to walk.

In the common tongue, I am called Bard, or Mystic. I bear marks on my skin of ash from rituals past. When I sing I can bolster myself and my allies, and when I chant I can doom my enemies, and above all the power of the weave and nature call to me.

Long have I worked to understand the strange powers I have been gifted. Many nights ago, I retired to my room and lit candles, and sage incense, meditating on the questions that have long plagued my mind. Why do my rhythmic words carry power? Why does the magical weave respond to me so? Why does it call my name? I sat long into the night with my eyes closed, not sleeping, but pondering those questions in my heart, but within my mind’s eye I could see smoke from candles blown out, and the steady rise of the smoke from my incense bowl. The smoke swirled this way and that within my mind taking shape and showing me an island in the form of a vision. Many people lived there, and it lay far from my home in the forests, and was inhabited by many humans, and other creatures. I felt a pull towards this place, and in the morn, I gathered what things I needed to take with me, and set out on my own for the first time in my life.

All I have taken with me is a rapier which was my fathers, my incense things, my bow and some arrows, a leather jacket, and my cloak. We shall see then what perils and fortunes this island that calls to me has in store. For I am ready.