From Red Ropes and Kalopsia
===========================
Slight art helm tweaks.

Beguiler's Crown
change:
Bluff from +1 to +3
Perform from +1 to +3
Leadership from +1 to +3

(The enchantment focus on item does not provide a skill bonus and to heathily future-proof it in case we tweak stuff I decided to update on item and let the bonus merely be the +2 increase in enchant for those who do not have it.)

Fiendish Crown
change:
added hexblade use
added hexblade spell slot 1, 2, 3

(old ones got updated)
🤡

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Arelith Updates!

Post by Irongron » Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:19 am

Following discussion about levelling speed, and to provide an alternative for the sizeable group of players who feel it is currently too fast:

Employment (Writ) Contract now have two possible types, selectable ONCE when first speaking with the Registry Agent.

Professional Contract (Essentially the old Default):
------------------------------------------------------------------------
100% (Immediate) XP and GP Reward
25% Adventure XP Reward

(While this is a heavy reduction in adventure XP much of this was excess to a character's needs given the rate of advancement from simply completing the contracts)

Freelancer Contract (New):
---------------------------------------
25% (Immediate) XP
Double Adventure XP and GP Rewards

Further to the above changes Adventure XP now has a cap of 100,000. Once this total is reached further adventure XP will NOT be granted. Commoner Class is exempt from this cap.

All current contracts for existing characters now changed to 'Professional' version, as detailed above.

(The above changes may be subject to adjustments in the coming weeks as we take further feedback from the community)

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:25 pm

From Sincra:
=====================
New menu for bard (curse)song selection.

Using -song or -cursesong without input will now open the menu for selection.

Arena's and the PvP area flag:
Arena areas and those with the corresponding [PVP] flag will no longer protect you from death.

Instead you must now be in SUBDUAL MODE via -subdual.

What has changed then?
- Subdued opponents stay down for half the time (30 seconds) in an arena.
- No negatives for subdued opponents when they get up.
- Healed to full when you stand up.

This is a two fold change, in that it hopefully makes Arena's more useful as you won't be having to constantly heal, but also to stop them potentially being considered as an "escape" zone.

Slave Boons:
Now brought in line with the server image, these are now spells cast instantly by the NPC for those that know it and are not unique buffs.

Reasoning:
These boons were literally unreasonably strong and needed adjusting.
This is the first adjustment, we are still discussing where we wish slavery to move towards, but this was an egregious point of contention as it was allowing one or more of:
AB boons.
AC Boons.
Huge skill boons.
Long term invisibility.

Shadow Summons from Shadow Conjuration line:
- Now correctly uses Improved Knockdown.
- Duration changed to:
= Rounds per level without focus.
= Turns per level with Spell focus.
= Hours per level with Greater Spell focus.
= Hours * 2 per level with Epic spell focus.

Reasoning:
These duration changes are due to the fact you cannot currently extend these summons which has left them in a niche underutilised.
They cap at low AB, low HP and have no damage weapons outside minor magic and sneaks. Consequently, they are rather underwhelming beyond their CC potential from crippling strike and Improved Knockdown.
Irongron wrote:I've literally never used -guard on anyone.

Aniel
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Aniel » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:37 pm

From Msheeler
=============
Temporary shops now have a 3 (real life) hour lease instead of a 1 hour lease. The sign dialog is also updated to make it more apparent that these are temporary and not permanent leases.

Irongron

Post by Irongron » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:45 pm

Also from Msheeler (After next reset)
-----------------------------

5 new craftable chairs added. 1 in Smithing, rest in Carpentry. A 6th will follow in next days.

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Kalopsia » Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:14 pm

From Kalopsia
==============
Some time ago, a temporary speed decrease effect was introduced to instant attacks targeting player characters to discourage exploitative hit and run tactics. This speed decrease lasts but a fraction of a second (presently 0.75s, though subject to future adjustments), comparable to the amount of time otherwise required to trigger an attack flurry on an enemy.

The intention behind this change is to give all instant attacks streamlined mechanics and behavior, making them work more akin to regular melee attacks than unconditional damage buttons. This will eventually allow the addition of less class-specific feats and abilities using the same functions.

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:24 am

From Sincra & Msheeler
======================
As of the next reset temporary shops should now correctly time out after 3 hours instead of 1 hour of not being refreshed.

From Red Ropes (with help from Sincra & Kalopsia)
=================

Bardsong cooldown tweaks.

Song cooldowns are no longer explicitly tied to the feats Extra Music and SF: Perform.

Bards inherently will decrease the cooldown as they level up and the feats Extra Music, SF: Perform, or Artist will introduce a -3 Minutes mark from the 10 minute pool.

Song cooldown reductions here are in seconds

-30 @ 5
-30 @ 10
-30 @ 15
-30 @ 20
-60 @ 25
-60 @ 28

A 30 Bard without the above feats will cool down at 6 minutes.
A level 25 bard with one of those feats will cool down at 4 Minutes.

In addition to this, all curse song uses recover one minute earlier - a level 1 bard's cursesong comes back in 9 minutes. A level 30 bard cursesong with one of the above feats comes back in 2 minutes.

With these changes in mind - Master Harper's infinite song feature has been removed as all bards will have an easier time and all will be bound to the balance of the cooldown.

Eventually I hope to have it so bardsong cooldown no longer breaks when transitioning between servers and to individually return to your pool from use.

In addition to this the songs have been given names more apt to their purpose and removed potential "awkwardness" of their use for various character backgrounds.

Falataer's Fiddle = Classic Chorus
Pilfering Poems = Pilfering Poem
Sea Shanties = Sea Shanty
Ballad of the Dragonslayer = Draconic Dirge
Healing Harmony = Healing Hymn
Skaljardian Leikr = Frost-bound Round
The Watcher's Vigil = Sentinel's Song
Oozing Orchestra = Slime's Serenade
Waltz of the Magical Masquerade = Masking Melody
A Capella Aria = Selfish Solo
The Boundless Explorer = Traveler's Tune
Market Day = Purser's Piece
Strings of The Weave = Arcane Anthem
Song of Silence = Deceptive Ditty
Our Lady of Silver = Lunar Lullaby
Song of Deep Stone = Miner's Melody
Hunter's Rhythm = Ranger's Round
Forgesinger's Echo = Blacksmith's Ballad

Falataer's Flute = Atrocious Aria
Dirge of the Dead = Reposeful Requiem
Booming Drums of the Storm = Doom-tempest Dirge
Morning After the Tavern = Lush's Lament
Plague Mother's Malediction = Venomous Verse
Conqueror's Discord = Conqueror's Canticle
Hunter's Shriek = Trapper's Tune
Frozen Feet = Chilling Chant

The most important change with this is that Sea Shanty is now in the second position in the -song menu.

Additional tweaks may be coming on matters such as starter songs by region and race.

From CNS:
=================
Live in a reset or two:
XP for disarming Traps

Players will now receive XP for disarming traps.
Each trap type and level combination (i.e. Minor Frost, Deadly Fire) will give reducing bonus XP for the first 4 times a character disarms them. (100% of bonus XP for the first disarm, 50% for second, 33% for third, 25% for fourth). The amount of bonus XP is fairly generous and based on the difficulty of the trap, an epic trap gives more than a minor trap.

From that point on each trap will give 5XP per difficulty step (Minor 5 -> Epic 25) and an additional 1 XP per point of Disarm Traps over the DC of the trap. E.G. Bob the Rogue has 50 points in disarm trap and disarms a trap with a DC of 35. He will receive 50-35 = 15 extra XP for doing this.

Further, if you disarm traps on your first ever visit to an area you'll get an additional bonus XP amount only active while first visiting an area.

Notes:
* Does not work with traps set by other PCs or yourself
* May not work for non-standard area builder custom created traps in some areas but these should be a minority
* Only works for traps you disarm yourself, not those disarmed by familiars etc
* Disarm Traps vs DC calculation includes all ranks and boosts to disarm trap. i.e. it is based on your soft score
* The bonus XP for disarm traps skill vs DC does not include your roll/take 20
*Trap XP will not trigger in towns and other 'safeish' places.
* Will not work if you recover the trap (but will work if you recover on a door) - this is due to nwn engine limitations - but at least you get a free trap

Aniel
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Aniel » Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:51 am

From Aniel
=========
Shaman
-------
• All shaman summons will now have the ghostly visage VFX applied to them, to represent the spiritual nature of shaman magic.

Spellbook additions, by level:
-1st Level-
Mage Armor
Invisibility
-2nd Level-
One with the Land
-3rd Level-
Negative Energy Protection
Lightning Bolt
Slow
Hold Person
Blindness/Deafness
Remove Blindness/Deafness
-4th Level-
Shadow Conjuration
Vampiric Touch
Clarity
Finger of Agony
Displacement
-5th Level-
Confusion
Dismissal
Improved Invisibility
Firebrand
Ball Lightning
Eyebite
-6th Level-
Greater Shadow Conjuration
Mind Fog
Lesser Spell Mantle
Undeath to Death
Acid Sheath
Banishment
Lesser Mind Blank
-7th Level-
Mass Haste
-8th Level-
Protection from Spells
Spell Mantle
Great Thunderclap
Dominate Person
-9th Level-
Energy Drain
Dominate Monster
Shapechange
Mass Blindness/Deafness
Mind Blank
Avascular Mass

In addition, the follow spells have had their placements adjusted:
Haste moved from 5th level to 4th level.
True Seeing moved from 7th level to 5th level.
Harm moved from 8th level to 7th level.
Greater Spell Breach moved from 8th level to 7th level.
Mass Heal moved from 9th level to 8th level.

A mandatory relevel will be performed for all shamans.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:35 pm

Where is Spyre?
=============

I have just started a three night stretch for work and am in the works of finalizing a new position. I won’t be handling requests until Monday afternoon. If you submitted a request, please feel free to play them and I’ll reach out when I can handle your request. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:08 pm

From CNS
=========
In a reset or two fix will be live for Trap XP.
1) Fixed the issue where occasionally you'd get disarm XP when loading into an area for no apparent reason
2) Found what was causing a large amount of traps to be missed and applied a fix so they will be included from this update

Note: Please let me know if you find any weirdness after this fix is live. There's likely still the odd area or trap out there that doesn't want to play nice. But we really should have the majority now.

Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:03 am

From The Team
=============================
Ore and Mining Chance adjustments:
Zinc has been placed into a more appropriate group.
Mithril has been made more accessible at middling tier ore veins.
Minor chance movements otherwise.
-NONE OF THIS ADJUSTS THE RARE OR GRANDIOSE VEINS-

Mithril was becoming a skipped metal due to how late it was found, Zinc was frustrating to see in moderately difficult dungeons, this will no longer be the case.

Runic Chances:
As no doubt some have noticed, you were far more likely to get less useful runic materials.
This has been adjusted to level the playing field.
The Blade Rune will remain the rarest but expect it to be less absurd.

We now have +4 weapons for racial crafts that often come with damage and keen, if not also with a rune, and while keen masterly damask is seen as the pinnacle, people were just hard five enchanting them to achieve the same thing as a masterwork rune, now it will hopefully become a cost competitive situation.

As always we reserve the right to adjust the values behind this change as the market shifts or issues are made known.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:26 pm

Spyre wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:35 pm
Where is Spyre?
=============

I have just started a three night stretch for work and am in the works of finalizing a new position. I won’t be handling requests until Monday afternoon. If you submitted a request, please feel free to play them and I’ll reach out when I can handle your request. Sorry for any inconvenience.
This has unfortunately been extended until Friday afternoon. I apologize for the inconvenience to anyone waiting. I am in the process of securing a new job and been involved in a lot of meetings, training courses and such in the mean time. I work nights today and tomorrow. However, that being said, as of Friday, I have 11 days off where I plan to hammer every single outstanding one out.

Thank you for understanding. In the mean time, please play your characters as you normally would.

Aniel
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Aniel » Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:29 am

From sorrowkitten
================
Godsave Boons on enchanting and crafting have been revised to be less RNG-intensive, and are now based solely on your current piety. The chance of a godsave is also now equal to your piety.

First update by new contributor SophiaX
=======================================

-console_mode has been expanded with options 5 and 6

Option 5 provides full translation (if you can translate) of languages in both the chat window and combat console.

Option 6 provides the above, except Common is excluded from the combat console.

This was added so that when someone speaks a language you understand while hidden from you, you can still understand what they're saying in the combat console provided you are using one of the above options.

From Kalopsia
==============
RAKSHASA:
- Rakshasa can access the -head command indefinitely.
- New Racial Shapes: Hobgoblin, Drow, Troglodyte.
- Added a second skin option to Gnoll, Goblin, Hobgoblin, Troglodyte and Kobold shapes.
> When shifting, one of the two available skins will be chosen randomly.

VAMPIRES:
- Bat and Wolf shape updated to work similar to Yuan-ti and Rakshasa polymorphs.
- Vampire Bite: Queued Bite attacks can now be cancelled. Further, bite attacks will work more consistently.
- Negative Energy spells have become smarter, no longer revealing Vampire characters with their VFX when cast by NPCs.
- Similarly, Heal spells and abilities only affect Vampires when cast by hostile players. Their damage type was streamlined to positive.

SPELLSWORD:
- Mage Armor:
> AC progression changed to +2 at Spellsword level 12 and +3 at Spellsword level 24.
> This bonus only applies when casting the spell, not when using items.

MISCELLANEOUS:
- Instant Attacks: The temporary slow effect when targeting players now lasts 0.5s instead of 0.75s.
- Turn Undead:
> Turn Undead prevents affected PCs from attacking or casting hostile spells at the Turner for the duration.
> Modified the penalties for affected PCs to -1 to -4 with a duration of 12 to 18 seconds, both based on the turn check.
- Sunfire: Just like Sunbeam and Sunburst, the Sunlight Blindness incurred by Drow, Derro and Vampires now also affects allied creatures and the caster.

From CNS
=========
Small tweak to Blackguard.
- Aura of Despair now lasts 15 minutes (The negative effect on enemies entering the Aura still only lasts 1 minute) and has updated VFX
- The Physical Damage vs Good on Corrupt Weapon will now look for an open damage type. If you are using a slashing weapon it will use either Piercing or Bludgeoning damage, if you have something that applies additional damage (i.e. a slashing weapon with additional piercing damage) it will try to find an open slot.
- The levels the damage bonuses are gained from Corrupt Weapon are re-ordered and now apply as below:
* 2d6 Divine vs Outsiders - Level 7
* 2d6 Divine vs Dragons - Level 11
* 2d6 Physical vs Good - Level 16

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:24 pm

From Sincra
====================================
Tracks, Interrogate and Investigate (PHASE 1):

Interrogating NPC's:
• NPC's when approached via the -investigate command will instead open a conversation, this menu will allow you to:
• Interrogate (Leadership)
• Interrogate (Intimidate)
• Interrogate & Bribe to write down (Leadership) (1000 gold modified by leadership)
• Interrogate & Bribe to write down (Intimidate) (1000 gold)

Interrogate Intimidate compares your skill rank against some DC’s to see information.
Interrogate Leadership compares your races for bonuses, this respects disguised subraces, the subrace differs you will be given negatives instead to represent cultural divergence on cooperation. Leadership will also provide a discount to the bribe cost.
In this way Intimidate suffers no negatives or bonuses but costs more for written information, but leadership benefits race and cost for cooperation.

As the amount of information written can be quite extensive, this will be tied into books in a faux paper item (It’s the Cordor press but repurposed by the NPC’s as writing paper!), this does however mean you will need bookshelves to store the notes if you so desire.

The full list of bonuses:
• Same race & sub-race: +15.
• Intimidate & Favoured enemy: +5.
• Intimidate & Bane of Enemies: +5 (Cumulative with Favoured).
• Vampire: +5.
• Charmed: +5.
• Dominated: +10.

The DC’s to beat to get relevant information on a record:
• Destroyed object: 0
• Race (General group, Sun Elf → Elf): 0
• Riding: 0

The following will only be revealed if the NPC saw the person fully and you beat the DC:
• Body Size: 10
• Height: 15
• Movement (Running, Walking, etc): 20
• Stance/Action Mode (Stealth, Detect mode, etc): 30
• Largest attribute: 40
• Smallest attribute: 45
• Hasted: 55
• General effect count: 70

Tracks:
Now use the highest of Search or Spot to find details.
The details they hold has been expanded and is also used in other systems to unify the systems approach. (This will be explained later in these patch notes)

So the biggest changes:
Everyone with 10 search OR spot (greatest of the two) ranks (soft) can read tracks.
Everyone leaves tracks.

The reason for this is to better represent the skills of certain classes but not outright make them immune to investigator/tracker RP.

However, that said, to SEE details beyond basic general race, gender, riding a horse, etc, they must pass a DC based on a few of the track creators skills. Likewise, there are bonuses to seeing said details.
These are as follows:
Bonuses to Hiding Details:
• Hide OR Move Silently (Highest, Soft ranks)
• Bluff OR Perform (Highest, Soft Ranks) This is for where you can intentionally hide details, such as subrace, is not added to Hide or Move Silently.
• Trackless Step: 10.
• Trickery Domain: 5.
• Travel Domain: 5.
• Secret of the Explorer: 10.
• Stealthy Feat: 3.
• Song of Silence: 5.
• Transmutation or Illusion Specialisation: 5.
• Greater Transmutation: 5.
• Epic Transmutation: 5. (Cumulative with Greater)
• Greater Illusion: 5.
• Epic Illusion: 5. (Cumulative with Greater)
• Assassin: Full levels of Assassin, bonus of 10 at level 10.
• Ranger: Full levels of Ranger.
• Shadow Dancer: One half of Shadow Dancer levels.
• Rogue: One half of rogue levels.
• Zhentarim and Harper Scout Equivalents: 2 Per level of Class.
• Earth Genasi: 10.
• Wild Dwarf: 10.
• Wild Elf: 10.
• Wood Elf: 10.
• Firbolg: 10.
• Gnoll: 10.
• Forest Gnome: 10.
• Ghostwise Halfling: 10.
• Imp: 10.
• Pixie: 10.
• Yuan Ti: 10.

Negatives to Hiding Details:
• Creature Size, anything above medium incurs a -5.
• Armour:
◦ Heavy: -10.
◦ Medium: -5.
◦ Light: 0. (Elven Chain counts as Light)
◦ Un-armoured: 0.
• Carrying weight:
◦ Anything above 250: -(Weight/50)
◦ 250 = -5 Immediately.
◦ 3000 = -60.

Bonus to Seeing Details (Yes, this counts for the 10 base requirement):
• Spot OR Search (Highest, Soft ranks).
• Assassin: Full levels of Assassin.
• Ranger: Full levels of Ranger.
• Druid: One third of Druid levels, pure druid therefore passes the check.
• Zhentarim and Harper Scout Equivalents: 2 Per level of Class.
• Song of Helm: 5.
• Knowledge Domain: 5.
• Travel Domain: 5.
• Secret of the Explorer: 10.
• Alertness: 3.
• Divination Specialist: 5.
• Greater Divination: 5.
• Epic Divination: 5. (Cumulative with Greater)
• Wild Dwarf: 10.
• Wild Elf: 10.
• Wood Elf: 10.
• Firbolg: 10.
• Gnoll: 10.
• Forest Gnome: 10.
• Ghostwise Halfling: 10.
• Minotaur: 10.
• Pixie: 10.
• Yuan Ti: 10.
• Rakshasa: 10.
• Dragon: 10.
• Vampire: 10.

What tracks now show with their DC:
• Worth noting is that when riding any details tracks would leave are lost, when polymorphed likewise and when a constantly flying race, however Imps and Pixies will leave an alternate trail.
• Riding: 10.
• General Race: 10.
◦ Polymorph DC: Spellcraft + See Details Bonus vs 30 + Hide Details Bonus
◦ This will let you see if it was truly just a “creature” or a “poly-morphed creature”.
• Exact Sub-Race: 30 + Hide Details Bonus.
◦ This one requires some more details. You CANNOT see exact Sub-Race regardless of skill unless you also have Bane of Enemies with the Favoured Enemy of the target or Epic Spell Focus Divination.
◦ Even if you have these, you must also then roll against their DC of (Sub-Race + Disguise Details Bonus) which is the Hide Details bonus but using Perform or Bluff, if you fail this DC you will see their disguised Sub-Race instead, if present.
• Movement Direction: 10. (Entering/Exiting/Nearby)
• Movement Type: 15.
◦ Lets you see things such as “stood still, walking or running”, also shows the tracks age.
• Stance or Action Mode: 20 + Hide Details Bonus.
◦ Allows you to tell if someone was in Stealth, Expertise or Defensive stance.
• Wounded State: 20 + Hide Details Bonus.
◦ Now shows quarterly health ranges excluding the top 10% of health.
• Carry Weight: 20 + Hide Details Bonus.
◦ This one is interesting as the more weight you carry the harder it will be to hide details.
• Hasted: Spellcraft + Bonus to see vs 25 + Hide Details Bonus.
• Amount of wards: Spellcraft + Bonus to see vs 25 + Hide Details Bonus.
◦ This may be finicky, I’ve tried to exclude negative effects and those not caused by spells just so it’s more clear.
• Attunement: Spell Focus Divination, 30 + Hide Details Bonus.
◦ This is the elemental attunement.
• Aspect: Greater Spell Focus Divination, 30 + Hide Details Bonus.

Blood Stains:
Now only shows damage type and classes from the attacker and victim, however, beating a certain DC will spawn a tracks object nearby with considerably more details, as per the tracks section. The skill will now uses the largest of Search or Spot and requires Lore to beat the check as well, these are:
• Damage: 10.
• Spawn Tracks: 20.
• Classes involved: 40.

Destroyed Fixtures:
Like Blood Stains, this has lost most of its details, however upon beating a DC you can spawn tracks nearby.
These checks also now uses the largest of Search or Spot and requires Lore to beat the same DC.
• Damage: 10.
• Spawn Tracks: 30.

Quarter Doors:
When someone attempts to bash your door it will now store their tracks.
Likewise, if someone tries to pick your door, it will store their tracks, however, it will store the hide DC using sleight of hand to hide their evidence (details).

Anyone interacting with the door will be notified that something seems amiss if they beat the lowest sleight of hand DC or 10 for bash attempts.
Using -investigate at a door will spawn the tracks, regardless of who you are, so if some plucky guard wanted to inspect doors for evidence of tampering? They now can.

Finally, I have to ask that for the coming few days people try and be respectful of others with regards to tracks that may end up with mistakes. I have done what I can during testing, but I expect someone, somehow, will find an oddity.
This is especially true for the following:
Vampires
Rakshasa
Cambion
Dragon races
Genasi
Imaskari
Yuan-ti
The above list are those that should NEVER show up on tracks, and even on NPC’s this will be a reduced list to the forms they are in at any moment, not exact, and so I ask you please report any such incidents.
This list is not negotiable and is done for three reasons:
- I will be refining the system as time goes on for specific cases, such as instead of saying a “Polymorphed Creature” for forms, it will specify.
- The “normal” (see not obvious give away forms) are no different than the base race for all intents and purposes.
- I’m not out to ruin someone’s RP by sniffing the ground ;)
Last edited by Sincra on Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

Aniel
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Aniel » Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:36 pm

From Aniel
=========

Swashbuckler's scaling cooldown reduction to Blinding Speed changed to 1 minute per 6 levels from 1 minute per 12 levels.

This streamlines blinding speed cooldown reduction to be equal across all participating classes.

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:59 pm

From Sincra:
=====================
Tracks, Interrogate and Investigate:
* Gender issues fixed.
* Race issues fixed for:
Imaskari
Yuan-Ti
Hopefully that one Elf with Shield Dwarf lineage.
* Assassin level 15 now gets a +5 bonus if the last PLAYER race they targeted matches the tracks, this also allows them to see the specific sub-race.
* Effects required for "heavily warded" and each range increased.

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:45 am

From Sincra
=============================
Good Aligned Monsters:
You can now start as a Good alignment monster race, it will set your alignment to Neutral then ask if you want to pay a normal award to restore your Good alignment.
If you lack the normal reward it will proceed as normal, if you pay it will skip the awards screen.

Yes, this means you can be a Paladin monster race from level 1.

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:50 am

From Starfish:
==============
We now have different streams of colour for the Light and Continual Flame spells:
Grey: -gre
White: -wht
Yellow: -yel
Orange: -ora
Red: -cri
Purple: -pur
Blue: -blu

DM Starfish
Art Director
Art Director

Post by DM Starfish » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:00 am

From Starfish:
==============
Light stream:
- Grey is actually green
- White and Green now work properly
Roleplay is a two way street.

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:26 am

From sk:
=========
Fixed bug where Insightful Strike wouldn't properly stack with the enhancement bonus from Bless Weapon. (Thanks for reporting it.)

From Sincra:
=======================
Further stamping out of subrace issues.
The TMI should be fixed.

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:43 pm

From Sincra:
=======================
Phase 2, part 1 is here.
Major changes:
Tracks are no longer a permanently visible item, they will only be visible if you beat the lowest recorded hide DC on the data.

The person that beats the lowest DC will be the person that see's the tracks, everyone else will need to roll to see the tracks themselves.

Each record will now be completely hidden unless you can beat the hide DC, this was the original intention however I diverted my plans slightly so I could collect high volume data. This worked, as not only did I get a wealth of errors, I also was informed widely of some minor inconsistencies on the basic information.

This is now changing because I have had the test data for basic records, and am now needing the more specifics.

Change 2, Interrogation will now reveal a general sense of time, with the same wording as tracks so they may be better investigated. This will also help where records become numerous.

Bugfixes:
I found out part of why some people were being reported as Dwarves was due to a missed check on my part, this should now be resolved along with most if not all race bugs I was made aware of.
Despite this, I am fully aware of things such as Half Orc Elves, Elven Half Orcs, Elven Dwarves, Elven Goblins, Etc etc. Please keep reporting this, I'm trying to narrow it down. (Also please include in your bug report if you're using -disguise or -disguise_race)

As before, if the race is a special race as I previously listed, please DO NOT RESPOND to it and report it immediately.

Future Plans:
Where is phase 2 going next then?
- A trafficked stat, where the DC to discern details will get harder up to a point as an area is more frequented.
- Last, a few surprise features that I am keeping quiet about.

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Kalopsia » Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:34 pm

From Kalopsia
==============

NEW FAMILIAR SKINS:
  • In addition to the currently available options, the following skins have been added:
    • Bat: Stirge, Meenlock
    • Eyeball: Wasp¹, Will-o'-wisp
    • Faerie Dragon: Will-o'-wisp, Yeth Hound
    • Fire Mephit: Turtle, Mane, Lemure
    • Hell Hound: Mane, Lemure
    • Ice Mephit: Seagull, Yeth Hound
    • Imp: Quasit, Stirge, Wasp¹
    • Panther: Cooshee², Yeth Hound
    • Pixie: Imp, Meenlock, Quasit
    • Pseudodragon: Bat, Seagull
    • Raven: Turtle, Cooshee²
  • Additional information:
    • ¹: Wasps are only available to surface characters; UD characters can select a Phase Wasp instead.
    • ²: Cooshees, or 'elven hounds' are only available to surface elves and half-elves.
  • Reskins now apply the correct racial type, affect soundsets and grant some skin-specific immunities and vulnerabilities where appropriate

OTHER FAMILIAR CHANGES:
  • Familiars, whether skinned or not, are able to speak and understand lore-appropriate languages.
  • Characters can change their familiar skins not just once per level, but also once per RL month. This ensures existing characters can access these new skin options.

ITEM UPDATES:
  • Initiate's Vest:
    • Added Bonus Spell Slot: Spellsword Level 3 & 4
  • Grand Magi's Robes:
    • Added Bonus Spell Slot: Spellsword Level 6 (x2)
    • Spellswords can now equip this item
  • Inception of Nightmares:
    • Added Bonus Spell Slot: Spellsword Level 5
    • Spellswords can now equip this item
  • Existing Grand Magi's Robes and Inception of Nightmares will be updated retroactively.

RACIAL POLYMORPH:
  • Racial Polymorph abilities have been updated to work more akin to regular Polymorph spells and effects:
    • Characters can now "speak" and understand Animal Language while polymorphed in this way.
    • Many Racial Polymorphs will also replace character portraits with shape-specific ones.

FROM APPROVED SUGGESTIONS:
  • To represent their state of reverie, Surface Elves now use the kneeling animation while resting.

Hoodoo
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Hoodoo » Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:05 am

Live Next Reset

From KT28:
=====================
Tattoo artists now allow you to change your tattoos and tattoo colors using a slick new interface.

Please not that console players are unable to access this new interface. However still have access to old, working systems. PCs and Mobile can enjoy NUI.

Aniel
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Aniel » Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:40 am

UPDATE BARDNANZA (Part 1)
(yes there is more than one part)

From Red Ropes
=========
Commoners can now qualify for Harper Scout and Zhentarim Operative as both organizations employ numerous "normies" as spies.

From sorrowkitten, Red Ropes, Aniel, et al
With contributions from KenC
===========
BARD UPDATE
Bard has had a lot of work done to it to make it a more versatile, enjoyable and user-friendly class to play. Many bugs were fixed and new features have been added.

There will be a mandatory releveling for Bards to adapt to change adjustments.

OVERVIEW CHANGES
-> Bard Song and Curse Song now have a separate recharge timer, and Curse Song recharges faster. Recharges should also now be more consistent - you will continue to recharge Song Charges until you are full.

-> You can now type "-songdur" and "-songdur curse" to toggle duration feats for your Bard Song and Curse Song respectively. This lets you have your Curse Song at a lower duration, which lets you apply it more often.

-> Song Charges are now based on your Effective Bard Level. You are going to hear these two terms a lot in this update, so understand what they mean. Song Charges are how many times you can use Bard Song or Curse Song (or other attached effects) until you are out of charges. Effective Bard Level is what statistical tier your Bard or Curse Song will be applied at. You are treated as being a Bard of that level, basically.

-> Bards of at least 21 levels who are not multiclassed with a Divine Dip class (Paladin, Blackguard, Zhentarim Enforcer, Harper Paragon) gain +3 CL towards resisting dispels, similar to other hybrids.

-> Both the Bard's Song and Curse Song are stripped from all targets they were placed upon when the bard dies.

FEAT PROGRESSION CHANGES
Bards now receive:
-> Whip Proficiency (Level 1)
-> Rogue Proficiency (Level 5)
-> Bonus Feat at Level 10.
-> Craft Wand, Scribe Scroll, and Brew Potion are now considered general & bonus feats.
-> Undead scaling per Bard level (See below for why!)

FEAT ADDITIONS
New feats have been added:

Unremitting Cadence
Prerequisite: 21st level, Charisma 21+, Extend Spell, Lasting Inspiration.
Specifics: All spells from the Bard's spellbook are treated as being Extended. Their song also lasts four times longer (applied after Lingering Song and Lasting Inspiration).

Song of the Heart
Prerequisite: 21st level, Charisma 25+, Unremitting Cadence.
Specifics: This feat enhances the effect of Bard Song by one dynamic tier. Does not affect Curse Song.
Notes: A dynamic tier is hard to explain. The short version is that it enhances the effect of your song. The more complicated version is that it tries to add a bonus to the bonuses granted to simulate having achieved another tier of Bard Song. The effect for this is lessened/negligible on Selfish Solo.

Eldritch Euphony
Prerequisite: Warlock, Pact (Any)
Specifics: If the Warlock is multiclassing with Bard, they gain two-thirds of their Warlock levels towards their effective Bard level for the purposes of Bard Song scaling and Bard Song charges.
Notes: A warlock can take this from Warlock 5 and onwards in place of a warlock feat.

SPELL CHANGES
Bards can have a greater number of spells known than they could before!

Extra Known spells:
At level 18 for Spell Level 1 for a total of six.
At level 19 for Spell Level 2 for a total of six.
At level 20 for Spell Level 3 for a total of six.
(ie, 7 6 6 6 5 5 4)

SPELL ADDITIONS
Bards got a bunch of new spell options added to their spellbooks!

New Spells:

Level 0
-> Inflict Minor Wounds
-> Virtue

Level 1
-> Inflict Light Wounds
-> Continual Flame
-> Camouflage
-> Color Spray
-> Ray of Enfeeblement
-> Endure Elements

Level 2
-> Inflict Moderate Wounds
-> Ghoul Touch
-> Knock
-> Remove Paralysis
-> Resist Elements
-> Web
-> Aid

Level 3
-> Inflict Serious Wounds
-> Aura of Glory
-> Protection from Elements
-> Remove Blindness / Deafness
-> Bigby's Disrupting
-> Sustenance

Level 4
-> Inflict Critical Wounds
-> Animate Dead
-> Lesser Planar Binding
-> Halt Undead
-> Sound Lance
-> Minor Globe of Invulnerability
-> Poison
-> Polymorph Self

Level 5
-> Circle of Doom
-> Planar Binding
-> Create Undead
-> Freedom of Movement (they get it at 4 in PnP)
-> Rogue's Cunning
-> Stone to Flesh
-> Enervation

Level 6
-> Create Greater Undead
-> Greater Planar Binding
-> Greater Shadow Conjuration
-> Greater Shadow Evocation
-> Lesser Mind Blank
-> Phantasmal Killer
-> Control Undead
-> Sunfire
-> Moonbeam
-> Evil Blight
-> Flesh to Stone
-> Feeblemind
-> Bigby's Interposing Hand

SKILL CHANGES
Bards also had their skill options tweaked.

New Skills:
-> Animal Empathy
-> Climb
-> Disable Trap
-> Intimidate
-> Parry
-> Search
-> Set Trap
-> Spot

ARCANE SPELL FAILURE
(TRIAL FEATURE, MAY BE ADJUSTED)
Similar to Warlock, Bards gain -20% to Arcane Spell Failure on armor and shield, allowing them to wear Chain and lower, as well as Large Shields and Small Shields, with no Arcane Spell Failure.

Heavy armor & Tower Shield applies a penalty of 3 song levels when worn, and disable active songs when put on, as if the Bard had died.

CLASS SYNERGIES
Bard now synergies with a large number of class combinations for the purpose of Caster Levels, Dispel Protection, Effective Song Level, and Song Charges.

Zhentarim Operative & Harper Master:
-> 1:1 Song Charges
-> 1:1 Effective Song Level
-> 1:1 Bard Spell CL
-> 1:1 CL vs. Dispels

Zhentarim Enforcer and Harper Paragon:
(Set up to be about equal with a 4 Paladin or BG dip)
-> 1 Effective Bard Level above 3 levels
-> 1 Song Charge above 3 Levels
-> 1 Bard Spell CL
-> 1 CL vs. Dispels

Dragon Disciple, Pale Master, Arcane Archer:
-> 1:2 Song Charges
-> 1:2 Effective Song Level
-> 1:2 Bard Spell CL
-> 1:2 CL vs. Dispels

Loremaster:
-> 1 to each at levels 1 through 4, 1 more at level 5 for a total of 2. 25/5 counts as a level 27 Bard.

Warlock:
(Eldritch Euphony feat required from Warlock)
-> 2:3 Effective Bard Level
-> 2:3 Song Charges

SONG CHANGES
Some songs were changed!

Selfish Solo (Acapella Aria): Now applies 1 APR to bards of 28 levels or more to give pure Bards a bit more soloing capability.

(NEW) Lich Lyrics: A Curse Song that applies a large burst of damage in an AoE around the Bard. It will damage BOTH Friendlies AND Hostiles for a large chunk of damage upon application (Fort save for half). Damage is 1d8 per effective Bard level and DC is [(1/2 effective Bard level) + (1/2 Charisma modifier) + (1/5th of your total Perform score)]. Targets struck also lose 10% of their Water/Thirst status. If you have ESF Perform, Lich Lyrics also applies a -2 Constitution penalty to those it strikes. Lich Lyrics can only be learned by FOIG methods and cannot be taught by other bards.

SONG KNOWLEDGE
Bards have had their knowledge of songs changed around.

All Bards gain a Random Bard or Curse Song at:
-> Level 10
-> Level 20
-> Level 30

Humans
One of each:
-> Random Song
-> Random Curse Song

Deep Imaskari
One random song between either:
-> Traveler's Tune
-> Arcane Anthem.
One of:
-> Random Song OR Random Curse Song

~ ELVES ~

Moon Elves
Song: Lunar Lullaby
Cursesong: Reposeful Requiem

Sun Elves
Song: Arcane Anthem
Cursesong: Conqueror's Canticle

Wood Elves
Song: Ranger's Round

Wild Elves
Cursesong: Trapper's Tune

Sea Elves
Song: Sea Shanty
Cursesong: Chilling Chant

Avariel
Song: Draconic Dirge

Drow
Song: Deceptive Ditty (Previously Oozing Orchestra)
Cursesong: Venomous Verse (Previously Conqueror's Canticle)

Half-Elves
One of each:
-> Random Song
-> Random Curse Song

~ DWARVES ~

Shield Dwarves
Song: Miner's Melody

Gold Dwarves
Song: Purser's Piece

Wild Dwarves
Cursesong: Venomous Verse

Duergar

Derro
Song: Deceptive Ditty

~ GNOMES ~

Rock Gnomes
One of:

Forest Gnomes
One of:

Svirfneblin Gnomes
Song: Masking Melody
One of:

~ HALFLINGS ~

Lightfoot Halfling
Song: Pilfering Poem
Cursesong: Lush's Lament

Strongheart Halfling
Song: Sentinel's Song

Ghostwise Halfling

~ ORCISH RACES ~

Orog
Song: Blacksmith's Ballad

Half-orc
One of each:
-> Random Song
-> Random Curse Song

~ GOBLIN RACES ~

Goblin
Song:Deceptive Ditty (Previously Oozing Orchestra)

Hobgoblin

~ MONSTER RACES ~

Gnoll

Kobold
Song: Pilfering Poem

Troglodyte
Song: Slime's Serenade

Ogre
Song: Healing Hymn

Minotaur

Imp

Yuan-ti

Firbolg
Song: Traveler's Tune

Pixie

~ PLANAR RACES ~

Aasimar

Tiefling

Air Genasi
Song: Traveler's Tune
Cursesong: Doom-tempest Dirge

Fire Genasi
Song: Blacksmith's Ballad

Earth Genasi

Water Genasi
Song: Sea Shanty

Vampire

Rakshasa

~ SPECIAL START CONDITIONS ~

ANYONE who starts on Skal will get (in addition to all other songs granted):
Frost-bound Round
Chilling Chant

ANYONE who starts on Sencliff will get (in addition to all other songs granted):
Sea Shanty
Lush's Lament

COMING SOON
-> Dirgesinger PRC

Aniel
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Aniel » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:03 am

From Sincra
========================
Bug Fixes:
When rewriting how the race system is accessed I forgot to move some variables around, you should be able to see sub-races again, my bad.

Tracks should now be more consistent in being found, apologies again here, the way I was making them become visible was deleting itself when an area became unpopulated.

Changes:
Assassins now get treated as permanently having their own race as a target for the purposes of revealing sub-race, provided they also meet the level requirements as was prior stated.

From Kalopsia & Sincra
=======================
REVERIE ANIMATION:
In order to address metagaming concerns, the reverie animation can now be toggled on and off via a new section in the rest menu. This new setting, located at Miscellaneous > Rest Styles is available to all elves, including drow.
```