Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: Arelith Updates!

Post by Sincra » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:06 am

From sk
===============
Bard:
-> Fixed a bug where Song of the Heart would not apply +1 to Attack Bonus.

-> Removed stacking penalties from Tower Shield and Heavy Armor (-6 song levels was too overkill). You'll now only get the -3 for one or the other.

-> Adjusted Song of the Heart to count Bard Song as being 3 levels higher (for the purpose of replacing weaker Bard Songs when applying them).

-> Gave Gift of the Sailor bards Sea Shanty.

-> Fixed Strongheart Halflings not having Sentinel's Song

From Sincra:
===============================
Scroll Cases & Limiters:
Scroll case limiter has been removed on a total scrolls basis, it is now on a per unique scroll basis, so you can have 999 or however many you wish.
The cap of unique scrolls is 50.

Also, the amount you can take out using "Take all" or inputting a value has been reduced to 50 due to a bug with stack sizes, hopefully this helps!
Irongron wrote:I've literally never used -guard on anyone.

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:34 pm

From KT28:
=====================
- Project Image's cooldown is no longer consumed when the spell fails due to the target being in an area transition.
- The Deck of Stars no longer broadcasts readings aloud to everyone in the vicinity; it sends readings privately to the diviner instead.

from sk
========================
Fixed Whip Proficiency being on the radial menu for rogues. I know you guys do some freaky stuff, but it was a little unnecessary to have it there.

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:03 pm

From Sincra
=============================
Tracks, Interrogate and Investigate:
Major feature (Tracks):
Will now be left as you travel through areas on a 10 metre or so approximate basis.
This is a trial feature, please keep in mind it may be adjusted as time goes forward depending on its impact for stability.

Minor Feature (Tracks):
Direction via compass is now included in the feedback information, this will hopefully allow in area tracking more efficiently.

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:13 am

From sk
============================
- Unremitting Cadence: No longer increases the duration of Bard Song.

- Silence (Spell): Now silences Bard Song and Curse Song when hitting a Bard who is currently singing, stripping it from all recipients.

- Scrying: When logging into the server,
-> -scry is put on cooldown for 30 seconds
-> You cannot be scried for 30 seconds.
This is to prohibit being scried immediately after switching servers, as well as logging into a server to scry someone. Abuses of the anti-scry will be observed carefully by the DM team.

- Knowledge of the Explorer will now only work in Natural areas, to remedy concerns with being able to see into quarters.

Aniel
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Aniel » Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:09 am

I'd like to extend an apology for a communication error: the update regarding the Silence spell negating bard song is not going live.

Hoodoo
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Hoodoo » Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:15 am

From Hoodoo
===============
Cross-server speedies will now be instant and should be more consistent

Hoodoo
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Hoodoo » Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:46 am

The instant cross-server speedies will also apply to project_image

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:17 am

From Sincra
======================================
Tracks, Interrogate & Investigate:
Bugfixes:
- Compass heading should now reliably show in all situations, if data is missing it will skip the statement.

- Hopefully found the cause of the cover system being treated as a disguise check by NPC's.

- Race of Shield Dwarf lineage should now be fixed, please let me know if it still shows up. This one is annoying due to Dwarf being race 0 and somehow races still slipping past my numerous checks.

Equipment Durability:
Should now have a 1 minute cooldown between durability ticks to stop it activating twice if not three times consecutively.

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:19 am

from sk
================================
Bard Song: Fixed an issue where skills were not correctly applying to certain songs. The SkillIncrease function is a little weird, so if this just breaks it further, I'm going to be madder than I already was.

Curse Song: Should now only recharge for the times you've used it. No more doubling up recharge timers.

Song Duration: Bards without Lasting Inspiration now gain 1 additional round to their Song Duration for every effective Song level they have above 10.
-> Example: If you have 20 effective Song Levels and don't have Lasting Inspiration, your Bard Song and Curse Song will last 20 rounds (if you aren't using the -songdur function to reduce it back to the minimum of 10).

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Kalopsia » Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:53 am

From Kalopsia
==============
SPELLSWORD:
  • Elemental Strike and Maelstrom now respect Spell Mantles in addition to Spell Resistance.
    • In order to make this happen, Spell Mantles had to be moved to the top of the breach list. Just like with damage shields, Spell Breaches will attempt to remove their effects before parsing spells on the breach list.
    • Spell Mantles and Spell Resistance still won't prevent the regular melee damage on hit.
  • Elemental Maelstrom, when used with Magic Imbue, now breaches 2 effects instead of 1. This breach effect cannot be blocked with Spell Mantles or Spell Resistance.

MISCELLANEOUS:
  • Kensai characters can once more equip thrown weapons. This was accidentally disabled in the past.

ALREADY LIVE:
  • The -head command now works for the more recently added head models
  • Rakshasa polymorph will select a random valid head model if the currently chosen head model has no counterpart for the chosen shape.

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:57 pm

From Sincra
==========================
Town Crier Changes:
- Messages can no longer by anonymous, they will now say the following (For new messages post this update):
"This message was authored by [name]. The message is '[message]'".

- You can use your disguise name but it will cost you a further *20 to the cost and must beat a DC based on the NPC's spot + 30 + d20 vs bluff/perform + d20.

Scroll Case Limiter:
- Should now empty an internal variable I was using to reduce processing load. Let me know if there's still issues.

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:59 pm

From KT28, live soon (not April Fools!)
=====================
- All gem deposits now produce a minimum of one resource per node.

- PCs wearing a Prisoner Collar will now have (Prisoner) appended to their name instead of (Slave).

- It is no longer possible to send tells to people who you have blocked with -notells.

- The character limit on Notes has been raised from 2,000 to 10,000 characters.

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Kalopsia » Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:59 pm

From Kalopsia
==============
SPECIAL ATTACKS:
  • Instant Special Attacks like Divine Smite will now trigger on-hit effects like poison.
  • Further, they will correctly calculate and apply the extra damage from Enhancement Bonuses for weapons with multiple damage types.
  • Weapons with the "No Damage" property will properly ignore the weapon's base damage.

MISCELLANEOUS:
  • Vampire characters are now informed about imminent dawn and dusk times via combat log messages.
    • This information is only visible during the three server ticks before sunrise and sunset and can then also be accessed via the -date command.

Aniel
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Aniel » Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:15 am

From the Team, live next reset (also not April Fools)
==========================================

Assassin's Guild changes
-----------------------------------
• The minimum contract value has been increased from 10k to 100k.
• Assassins who complete contracts will now receive 100% of the bounty value.
• The price for paying off contracts has been changed to double the contract value. An exception exists for settlement leaders who will instead be required to pay triple the contract value to cancel it.
• Any single character is only allowed to place a single contract per real-life week.
• The Guild will no longer send messengers to inform targets that they have pending contracts. This aspect will be left to assassins to roleplay. The Guild's reception agent will still inform of any existing contracts and allow them to be paid off.

Assassin
------------
The 24-hour window for PvP post RP on contracted targets is suspended as of this update. Assassins will be beholden to the same PvP rules of engagement as any other character.

Commentary
------------------
The goal is to add more teeth to the Assassin's Guild while incentivizing more roleplay between assassins and their contracted targets. The Guild is intended to support conflict, and create tension, elements that it inadequately contributed to before.

This update is a trial run to test how it affects the game world. The progress of this update will be suitably monitored.

Anyone who wishes is invited and encouraged to leave feedback here: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=37223

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Kalopsia » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:38 pm

From Kalopsia
==============
NEW ALIGNMENT SPELL VARIANTS:
  • Protection from Alignment: Added Law & Chaos variants.
  • Magic Circle against Alignment: Added Law & Chaos variants.
    • Duration increased to hours per level.
    • The spell now only affects party members.
  • Bonuses against the chosen alignment remain unchanged.
  • Bonuses against neutral creatures now depend on the spell variant:
    • Warding against Good or Evil grants half the bonuses against LN, TN and CN creatures, just like before.
    • Warding against Law or Chaos grants half the bonuses against NG, TN and NE creatures.
    • The deflection AC bonus is not halved, but also only applies against the above alignments.
  • Bonuses granted by multiple alignment spells are cumulative, but characters can only be warded against two alignments at a time.
    • This allows characters warded against Good and Evil to get the same +2 bonus to saving throws against all alignments that they currently do.
    • In contrast, characters warded against Law and Evil would get:
      • +4 to saving throws against LE,
      • +3 against LN and NE,
      • +2 against LG, TN and CE,
      • +1 against NG and CN, and
      • no bonus against CG.
  • Just like existing alignment spells, the new Law & Chaos variants will reduce the chance for summons of these alignments to turn hostile.

NEW EFFECT ICONS:
  • Immunity/Vulnerability Effects now have their own unique icons, making it easier to keep track of active spells and spell effects.

From Aellowyn, Symphony and Kalopsia
=====================================
DYNAMIC QUIVERS:
  • The existing quiver backpacks have been replaced with new versions that, just like hoods, will dynamically change colours to match the character's equipped armour.

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:27 pm

From KT28
==============
- The cooldown for -teleport (from GSF: Transmutation) will no longer be consumed when the spell fails due to the target server being unavailable.

- Players will receive a warning notification upon log in when their property lease(s) are within 24 real life hours of expiration.

From Sincra
======================
Interrogate:
- NPC's will now write to paper, this was my initial intention but due to the original limit was not feasible, thus the book system till the adjustment could be done.
- Ward ranges adjusted to be more useful.
- Format fixes/adjustments.

Tracks:
- Ward ranges adjusted to be more useful.

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:33 am

From Sincra,
===================================
Turn Undead:
- The too many instruction (TMI) error should be fixed.

Tracks DC Adjustments:
- Removed limiter of 10 as lowest DC (this was mistakenly left in), this should make spotting tracks easier if the person goes negative skill from any cause now.
- Above also means records should not show empty any longer.

Rest Menu & New Option:
Miscellaneous:
-> Custom Information Readouts
--> Display current Skill at: Hiding Tracks
--> Display current Skill at: Finding Tracks
--> Display current AC (This is being refined)

- Expect to see more added here as time goes by, we'll stamp out the sheet lies aspect by introducing readouts or alternative methods of finding the actual value. :)

Aasimar Bloodline of Duty:
- Now correctly shows Str, Cha instead of Str, Con when picking bloodlines.

Scroll case Limiter:
- Reduced from 50 to 45 as this is still causing a too many instruction (TMI) error.
If your case is broken, please fix it with a container fixer, we cannot resolve this once it is broken.

Aniel
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Aniel » Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:41 am

From Aniel, live next reset
=====================

Appraise
-------------
Merchants will now look considerably farther to find the best appraise score for the transaction.

Search & Lore
---------------------
Should now use a party's highest skill when determining bonus loot from their respective sources.

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:24 pm

From The Team:
=============================
Quarter Locks and their DC:
* Quarter locks can no longer be put above their max value (127dc). You should get a message when max DC has been reached.

Reasoning for Change:
There was a bug where one could raise a lock to 130, but it would fall back to its proper DC, 127 upon reset. This was obviously an exploit but some groups were taking advantage of this, and also some 'quarter breaker' characters were rushing to break into quarters shortly after a reset. This is, of course, very unintended. Upon discussion with Irongron, he has suggested keeping the DC as it should be (127) for now, but a wider conversation about it may be had at a later date, and further changes may ensue.

Additionally,
With consideration to the change of DC no longer going above 127 on quarters, attempting to:
Bash,
Pick,
Disable Trap,
Will now use a progress bar as per normal NWN functionality instead of instant. This shall disable the ability to spam check a door's DC.

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:28 pm

From KT28
==============
Weapon Buff Dual-Wielding QoL:

RESTRICTED WEAPON BUFFS: When cast on a creature holding an invalid weapon (due to the weapon already being enchanted or possessing magical properties) in the mainhand, 'Restricted' weapon buffs now attempt to apply to the offhand weapon instead. Buffs affected by this change:

Magic Weapon
Greater Magic Weapon
Keen Edge
Flame Weapon
Darkfire

UNRESTRICTED WEAPON BUFFS: When cast on a creature holding a weapon that is already enchanted with the weapon buff in the mainhand, 'Unrestricted' weapon buffs now apply to the offhand weapon instead. Buffs affected by this change:

Blackstaff
Deafening Clang
Bless Weapon
Holy Sword
Blade Thirst

Works for spells cast from all sources (spellbook, wands, scrolls).

==============

Additionally:
Taxes for new property acquisitions will be delayed by 1 game-month, eliminating the possibility of acquiring a property and then immediately losing it due to not having enough gold to pay taxes. Enjoy the free rent.

from sk
===============
Bard Synergies:
- Red Dragon Disciple and Arcane Archer synergies now only benefit characters with at least 20 levels of bard. The plan for the future (when I roll out the Dirgesinger patch) is to open this up partially for combinations that have more Bard Levels than RDD or AA levels. For now, this is a patch fix to ensure that some of these builds aren't getting higher numbers than they should be. (I promise I'm not trying to ruin your cool RDD builds.)

Bard: Now gets Uncanny Dodge I at level 10. Existing bards will receive the feat automatically. No relevel is required.

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Kalopsia » Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:34 pm

From Kalopsia
==============
SWASHBUCKLER:
  • Various bug fixes:
    • Penalties incurred by multiple applications of Feint & Second Intention will now stack properly.
    • Off-hand attacks can now trigger Feint & Second Intention.
    • Insightful Strike damage will also apply to the off-hand weapon.

MISCELLANEOUS:
  • The new quivers should now reliably update to match the currently equipped armor's color scheme.
  • Dawn & Dusk notifications:
    • Drow characters will also receive these messages on server ticks, however they no longer appear on the Underdark server.

DM Starfish
Art Director
Art Director

Post by DM Starfish » Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:15 pm

From Starfish:
==============
- Removed Iceberry and Flameberry on use function
- Added two new items
- Iceberry Treats: Has inherited the on use function of Iceberries with 18 charges, 1 charge/use
Recipe:
- 10 Iceberries
- 1 Cloth (Small)
- 1 Meat (Small)
- 1 Salt
- 3 Yarrow
- Flameberry Treats: Has inherited the on use function of Flameberries with 18 charges, 1 charge/use
Recipe:
- 10 Flameberries
- 1 Cloth (Small)
- 1 Meat (Small)
- 1 Salt
- 3 Yarrow

Following the above, flameberries are allowed back into the herb bag!
Roleplay is a two way street.

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:14 pm

From Sincra:
========================
Quarter Doors & Traps:
- When a trap is disabled it will no longer go down to 0, instead, it will be disabled for 30 minutes, as if it had been set to 0.
-- This means you will NOT need to keep rebuying a trap any longer, if it was disabled.

- As doors for quarters do not permit take 20, they will now also include the critical fail of normal traps when disabling.
-- The evade damage DC is actually the Trap DC/2.5 instead of /2 as per normal, as the disarmer is "aware" of the trap. For a 127 DC trap this means the DC will be 50 for a critical failure, instead of 63 as normal.

New Chat Command:
- "-disguise_race_group" (-disguise_rg):
= This allows you to disguise your race group (Moon Elf's group is Elf, as it is for Drow and Sun Elf, so forth) as any other race group for tracks.
= This is done at a -25 to the normal DC's (10 minimum, so -15).
= The reason it is set to -25:
≡ ESF Illusion total Bonus to hide details: 10
≡ ESF Transmutation total Bonus to hide details: 10
≡ Specialisation in either of the above to total Bonus to hide details: 5

Minor Fixes:
- The Rest Menu calculator should now correctly give you your score bonuses.
- Aquatic Elf should now correctly show as a Race instead of Moon Elf in tracks.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:09 am

From KT28, live next reset
==========

WRITTEN LANGUAGES
You can now read and write in languages using Writing Paper.

WRITING:
- You can write in any languages you are fluent in.
- You can switch between languages in order to write multiple different languages within the same note, within the same paragraph, or even within the same sentence.

Details:
Writing in languages is accomplished by adding language syntax to the text in your note. This language syntax is fairly simple. Here are some terms that will help you understand it:
i. A "language key" is the abbreviation you type after the "-" when switching to a language (e.g. you type "-un" to switch to Undercommon, so Undercommon's language key is "un". You type "--" to switch to Common, so Common's language key is "-".)
ii. A "language tag" is the syntax marker you can type anywhere inside a Note that denotes the start of the language you wish to write in. A language tag is a language key inside of brackets (eg: "[un]", "[el]", "[dr]", "[-]")

Syntax Rules:
1. Any text prefaced with a language tag will be encoded as the indicated language until a different language tag is encountered.
2. Any text with no language tag preceding it is encoded as Common.
3. To switch to Common from a (non-Common) language, insert a Common language tag ("[-]").

If you don't want to bother with writing this syntax yourself, you can simply use Writing Paper as normal and the appropriate language tags will be applied automatically for you based on the language you are currently speaking.

Examples:
1. "Come to my party!" -> Produces "Come to my party!" in Common.
2. "[un]Come to my party!" -> Produces "Come to my party!" in Undercommon.
3. "[un]Come to my party! [dw]NO DERRO!" -> Produces "Come to my party!" in Undercommon and "NO DERRO!" in Dwarven.
4. "Come to my party! [dw]NO DERRO! [-]Humans are invited!" -> Produces "Come to my party!" in Common, "NO DERRO!" in Dwarven, and "Humans are invited!" in Common.

READING:
- Your reading comprehension depends on your fluency in the language you are reading. You will understand more and more words as your fluency increases.

- You additionally receive a reading comprehension bonus based on the following factors:
i. For each 10% language progress you have learned in language(s) that use the same alphabet as the language you are attempting to read, you gain 1% bonus chance to understand each word, to a maximum of 10% bonus. For example, an elf attempting to read Xanalress (Espruar), gains a 10% comprehension bonus automatically for being 100% fluent in Elven (Espruar).
ii. Hard ranks in Lore (including those gained from feats) increase the maximum comprehension bonus you can get from knowing similar languages by 1% per 5 ranks.
iii. Clerics with the Knowledge Domain receive a 5% increase the maximum comprehension bonus for knowing similar languages.
iv. Bards, Harpers, Loremasters, and Zhentarim Priests gain a flat reading comprehension bonus equal to .5% chance to understand each word per level, capping at 15% for 30 class levels.

(Be advised that all of the above may be subject to tweaking/adjustments.)

- You must be able to fully comprehend all languages within a particular note in order to read it aloud to others. When you do read a note aloud, you read it aloud in Common for all to understand (for now).

WRITING PAPER CHANGES:
- The interface for note writing now has a new option, [Toggle Preview]. Choosing this option will switch the in-progress text you see in the dialogue window between the encoded input (the text with the tags) and a preview of the resulting output, complete with colorized language labels.
- You can now customize the Name of your note; Names are no longer required to be the same as the note's Title. Note Names always display in Common due to game limitations.

==========

Feedback on this new system is encouraged; please do so in the Feedback forum.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Kalopsia » Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:20 pm

From Kalopsia
==============
SPELLSWORD:
  • Elemental Strike: Critical hits with Elemental Strike while wielding a weapon with Magic Imbue empower the bonus damage and secondary effects as if the weapon was imbued with the corresponding element.
  • Tenser's Transformation now only prevents use of spells and Elemental Strike while active; the prior -20 penalties to all imbue damage have been disabled.