Arelith Updates!

Artos13
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Arelith Updates!

Post by Artos13 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:29 am

Woot! First update on new forums!

-Conversion of Temple of Torm to the House of the Triad complete. Some rearranging in Temple District to accommodate.

-All district areas of Cordor should now show as "map explored", so that navigation in the city is easier for newer players.
Last edited by Artos13 on Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Arelith Updates!

Post by Mithreas » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:27 pm

Added -balance command to let druids directly alter the balance of an area, once per rest. However, attempting it on any area will use up your use for the day - even if the area is already in balance. So, if you're unsure whether the spawns in an area are normal or not, best get a ranger to check.

Also adjusted trees to spawn with a slightly lowered Z axis. This should prevent them from existing on the walkmesh and hence let you walk past them.

Both changes effective next reset.
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:37 pm

The new crafting update is going live now.

This means, that next reset, all in progress crafting works will break. Please finish up all in progress crafting asap.

(Hopefully, new ones will work perfectly, but if not... we have a bug reports forum :)).
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:46 am

Added the new warlocks - it's a bit over 500 lines of new code written in the last few hours, so there will probably be bugs. I'm pushing it live now in the hope that you guys can help me find the bugs, and I can get the important ones fixed tomorrow before leaving for a long weekend on Thursday...

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4 has documentation for the new class. Existing warlocks will convert next levelup, but will get some of the benefits before then.

As part of this update, Greater Dispelling (for all classes) has had its caster level cap removed.

Effective next reset (that Nito should be doing about now).

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:43 pm

Today brings a raft of minor bug fixes, effective next reset on each server.

() Fix descriptions of altered summons
() -notells won't block console commands
() Inform players when warlock SR checks fail
() Daze spell only worked if you missed - fixed
() -balance for non druids will now stop correctly
() Fighter/Warlock/FS equipment bonus now lasts 30 hours
() DM hooks added for track
() -guard won't work if your guard is also guarded
() Cosmetic weather system enhancements.
() -polymorph added to -command list
() Planar binding spells and dragon knight set to turns/level
() Elemental portraits fixed
() Astral deva AI fixed
() Balanced Summon Tanarr'i monster ability

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:09 pm

And thanks to Scholar Midnight, a couple of enhancements to our NWNX infrastructure. The key one you'll notice is that combat modes (like expertise, improved expertise, defensive casting) now aren't cancelled when you move.

Artos13
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Artos13 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:08 pm

We've got some stuff here to report:

A few ongoing bugfixes in the last few weeks addressing some of the new content above, as well as some balance fixes with Paush and Abazuur, and the removal of the Artifact chest in the Temple of the Viper.

More noteworthy however, is another irongron Team UD update!

-Andunor's Colosseum opens in Devils Table!

-Various Hub Interiors!

-(Another) rework of the District House in the Sharps!

-Dreadnought gets a crewhouse in the Shipyard!

-And the city finally get's its bell-tower! (WARNING: PENALTY FOR MISUSE!)

Artos13
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Artos13 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:22 am

Player created content gets incorporated into the mod again, in the form of the Village of Greyhammer, just outside of Burrowhome (The Southern Outskirts?). It was formed by some folks after Merogo's family moved in with the rest of the hin, and after it went vacant, a small village was constructed in it's place. So this is in the old Bendir Dale (Merogo's Vinyard) area.

Just a cute little 'burb, rents and taxes going to Burrowhome for its protection and support. Hin and half-orcs and humans sing songs and dance in circles to rejoice! More importantly, the road connects through now, creating another route.

Minor changes and visual scrub-up in the Cave of the Mound area. I was in the neighborhood.

Artos13
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Artos13 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:55 pm

11 new Underdark Areas + Adjustments Elsewhere (Pretend this is irongron talkin' now)

Including

-2 new dungeons
-Outpost Expansion

A number of fixes across the module, thanks to those who pointed these out to me.

About half a dozen new creatures.

Some secret stuff too. (Even on the surface server!)

Oh, and a fix to the Boarding Ladders, with thanks to Action Replay

(Me talkin' again) Some miscellaneous fixes on Surface, including:

-Burrowhome Turfhouses should now belong to Bendir faction for taxes, etc.
-Consecrated altar to Moradin in Brog.
-Fixed (hopefully) the placement of a skiff in Wharftown for easier access.
-Fixed a backwards facing spawn-in point outside of Brog.

Artos13
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Artos13 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:46 am

The Second Part of the Latest Underdark Update, from irongron and co.

- Rework/Update of The Burning Shores

- Minogon Plant completed. (This is a good one!)

- Finishing Touches of the new Spriggan Lair

A whole bunch of minor fixes/changes (some noted in bug reports/suggestion threads), as well as some new creatures!

Artos13
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Artos13 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:29 am

Guldorand overhaul:

-Merged Soulhaven monks with Guldorand, generally tightened up the loose layout and added flair to Guldorand. Lots of new NPC convos, and lots of things moved around.

-Weatherstone and Abandoned Grotto moved elsewhere in the Crags.

There was more to this update, but I ran out of Dev Time for what might be through the holidays. Thought it best to update at least the Guldorand part of the Crags before I went on holiday hiatus.

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:05 am

I've implemented some suggestions. I have also added code to restrict each CD key to one vote per game year across all characters, to address some of the most frustrating abuses of the citizenship system.

Clearly, the intent here is to have one vote per player. The system doesn't automatically enforce players to one CD key each, but please play by the spirit of the thing - I will stamp on anyone I catch spinning up new temporary accounts to stuff ballot boxes and the like.

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:03 pm

Scholar Midnight integrated some extension code that allows us to hide helmet appearances. Whee. Accessible through the personal crafting menu (same place that you toggle hoods).

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:09 am

I've put in a few fixes.
- Barbarian Tribesmen should no longer drop armour.
- Gifts should now persist across level up, including skill based gifts for subraced PCs. Unfortunately, only for new PCs created from now on. Fixing existing PCs is still on the list.
- FL players should now be able to create forum accounts and update their password.

Yell if any of these break stuff - thanks :)

Artos13
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Artos13 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:50 pm

I've been terrible about listing updates lately, things have been hectic! Some of these are a bit old, the last stuff listed here are the most current changes (pending reset, of course)

-Outcasts can no longer vote in any surface elections.

-Forest of Despair should really be trying to kill you now (I said it months ago, but just now tracked down the issue that was preventing it from doing so)

-Change to Cordor's lighting. This was one of the last groups of areas to use Giga's "Ambience", which was a scripted lighting system. While I liked the Ambience effect, it wasn't consistent, and if you ever wondered why Cordor sometimes had black fog in the daytime, that was why. :) Now it has some traditional lighting.

Some of the little things fixed:

-Added trash barrel to Bramble Watch Outpost
-A few new bits in the first level of Cordor Crypts
-Fix to key/NPC in Stonehold Dungeon (The Talassian one)
-Wharftown has paper by the Message Board
-FIxed (Hopefully) the inability to lay fixtures down in Lower Guldorand. Test plz!
-Added lovely glowy windows outside the Nomad and the Northern Outskirts houses (also made that one house a 2-story house, to reflect the two stories inside)
-Nerfed lobotomized warriors, and fixed a lizard temple guard from not animating properly
-Added Speedy Messenger to Sibayad
-Changed how Spellhold works. Should require an Arcane Tower Guild key to access, and then beyond that its just a fancy, glorified cell. No more people treating it like a quarter.
-Fixed the levers by the cells in the Guildhouse in Upper Cordor

(recent stuff, should go live at next reset)
-Fixed entrance to Minogon Plant in UD
-Fixed broken transition on Skull Crags (Dead Man's Chasm)
-Fixed (and please confirm) Atunement potions taking people to Sibayad
-Fixed broken Caravan from Bendir to Guldorand
-Fixed evil table in UD Hub (Inner) that was porting people through walls
-Lengthened timeout for quarter/shop in same area
-Set a -makesafe point in same area to avoid abuse

I promise to try and be better about listing updates from here out :)

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:35 am

Finally got around to making the werewolf changes I've wanted to for a while. See wiki for details. The net is that it's now possible to play werewolf PCs if you have a good Will save... though you'll still be taking a risk of going berserk.

While I was making the changes, I added a 90s timer to -polymorph and adjusted some totem stats (as ever for this sort of change, adjustments apply to new PCs only, and will not impact existing PCs).

(There was a small bug in the werewolf stuff, so it should all start working correctly as of next reset).

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:25 am

Guys,

I have made a change to prevent characters losing citizenship by any means. This means that effective immediately, citizenship is permanent - if you are a citizen of Cordor, you cannot become a Wharftown citizen, etc etc. Because citizenship will never expire, the rosters and counts will now show only active citizens (people who have been logged in recently).

This means it is possible to get exiled from the place you are a citizen of, and 'locked out' of the election process. It therefore encourages negotiation - if you and another faction are in conflict, and one gets into power and exiles the other... they are inviting the same thing to happen to themselves, further down the line, if the balance of power swings the other way. It's certainly one way to go, but not one without consequences, and other approaches may be preferred.

I'm about to go into the database and reset all current citizenships (refunding 10k to each person who loses citizenship). Feel free to reapply, just bear in mind it's permanent.

I'm not sure what this will do to current leaders. I think you can simply re-purchase your citizenship and get all powers back. Let me know if there's any trouble with that.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Sun May 10, 2015 10:14 pm

A major update here.

- Brogendenstein greatly enlarged, and is now an optional 'starter' city for Dwarves, Gnomes & Halflings. (This may require a 10 RPR rating and is selectable on character creation)

- Blingstonehold removed, and replaced with the 'The Great Grotto', a gnomish enclave of Brogendenstein. The resources/gold of Blingstonehold will be merged with that of Brogendenstein in the coming days)

The Penny Rose ship moved to Brogendenstein and is now a 'charter ship' and can be purchased like a temporary shop, with a timeout of approximately 6 RL hours. (The Previous owner to contact me for their belongings). A lot of players have been unable to experience the ship system, and this is a move towards fixing that. At least one other ship will also be changed to a charter vessel in the coming weeks.

There's about a dozen new areas, with many more changed, also some new items and creatures (including xvarts!)

Irongron

Post by Irongron » Thu May 21, 2015 12:21 pm

I expect this one will be popular...

Wharftown received total face-lift, both exterior and interior areas.

A lot to see, best seen in game.

In other update news Brogendenstein (and Wharftown) now have coastal defenses, allowing them to fire upon any PC ships currently approaching the settlement.

All PC fixtures from the houses there have been stored in a DM area. If you own a house contact a DM in game (or myself) to claim your lost stuff.

Thanks to Septire too, for his Lighthouse interior areas, and to Action Replay, for the coastal defence functions.

Irongron

Post by Irongron » Wed May 27, 2015 12:06 am

This one is for the Underdark.

Underdark 'Weather'

Spore Winds, Earthquakes and most importantly the Faerzress now active throughout parts of the Underdark. If you're not sure what the last one is here's a link...

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Faerzress

So watch out for those wild magic surges folks!

(This system will be in an experimentation phase for a few days, so expect changes in activity level as it is gradually tweaked)

3 New Areas

Or are they perhaps 'old' areas now lying shattered at the depths of the Underdark? Frankly; it's a secret.

- New creatures, a fix/improvement to the Minogon Plant also.

Thanks here to the UD build team, in particular Action Replay for all his work on the long-awaited weather system.

Irongron

Post by Irongron » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:23 pm

A lot of small things in this update. I'm part way through a large project, and much of this is things I really wanted to get around to beforehand.

- Many more 'winged' creatures now have the ability to fly. If it has wings, expect to see it 'take off' when moving/attacking.

- Changed the difficulty of many creatures in light of recent reports. Mostly effecting Underdark areas such as the Cloakers.

- Added some new creatures, and one new (small) area in the Underdark.

- Fixed a lot of permanent shrines so they remain tied to their respective gods.

- Fixed Guldorand. Government there will now receive rents from shops and properties, and leaders now have the ability to evict, as in other settlements.

- Another Minogon fix/update from Dunshine.

- Ensured that Large Meat & Hides can be found in the Underdark

- More adjustments to UD weather, and fixed a problem where the Void Gate wasn't spawning properly.

Irongron

Post by Irongron » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:26 pm

The beginning of something really quite large today.

NEW RANDOM ENCOUNTERS

Along most of the main roads on the surface server, there is now a chance of spawning unusual encounters. These could be certain NPCs, or different and challenging monsters.

In many cases these will reflect the nature of your character, and definitely give a risk factor even for those normally comfortable epics. Patrols should become a lot more interesting as there will generally be a chance of seeing something new.

In time this is going to change almost every area, and give the server a genuinely dynamic feel. Not only may your experience of the server change according to the character you have chosen, but also change as your PC progresses.

It will take a considerable amount of time to get through all of the servers, but over the coming weeks you should find that all the areas of the server occasionally yield something quite different.

For now though, it's only the roads on the surface server, mostly.

NOTE: This is not a replacement for the current spawn system, but an addition to it.

Also 'Tab-Sight exploring' will be less effective, as more and more you'll need to actually cover the ground for a chance of finding something interesting.

Irongron

Post by Irongron » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:02 am

- More unusual spawns added to the surface.

- Earthkin Garrison and fortifications added to Bendir Hills, with easier access to Bendir Ruins, which have themselves been made more rewarding. Earthkin should note that the Ruins are one of those areas where the spawns gradually spread outwards. They're knocking on Burrowhome's door and should be kept in check...

- Some small changes to Benwick, to reflect the time that has passed since its destruction.

- A script change to ensure that some enemies don't 'get naked' the moment they die. This looked bad, and in many cases was actually crashing some people's game. It will happen no longer.

Irongron

Post by Irongron » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:35 am

Update went in last night.

Continued adding random spawns, this time covering the Dark Spires and associated areas.

Added 4 new areas, including a guildhouse, incorporating some of the ideas in the recent thread.

Fixed an issue where the some of the occassional spawns were turning hostile to all following PCs accepting their challenge.

Fixed a second more serious issue where random spawns were appearing in the wrong place.

Irongron

Post by Irongron » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:00 pm

- A number of new areas in the surface jungles today, making the Crows Nest more remote and the areas feel more like a distinct region for those wishing to pursue that theme with their role-play.

- A rework of the Ancient Mound Site, with a new spawn set within. Keep them in check to stop them an overrun of the nearby jungles!

- About a dozen new creatures added, some as part of the 'rare encounters' in the above mentioned areas.

A bunch of other small reported fixes, of very little consequence.