Arelith Updates!

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Arelith Updates!

Post by MalKalz » Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:52 pm

From MalKalz

• All changes that were reverted as a result of the issues on Friday have been reimplemented. The offending change that caused server crashes has been corrected. The following changes were added back in:

• New Deities

• Re-modeled spell basin

• Potential minotaur T-posing fix

• As of this latest reset, shop sale records should now display 50 entries. This has been upped from the previous 25 entries. If there are any issues with this, please do let me know.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

DM Starfish
Art Director
Art Director

Post by DM Starfish » Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:16 am

From Starfish, now:

• Fixed fishing error when you have no bait and still try to fish.
Roleplay is a two way street.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:48 pm

From MalKalz

As part of reviewing the crash loop, I have begun to put some of the offending work back. In this update, I added the following:

• Basin Model Refinement / Textures

If the servers crash loops, we will know if it is this one. In a previous update, I put back the Half-Orc heads and determined they were not the cause.

Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:04 pm

From MalKalz

Following the crash loop investigation, all reverted additions were put back into the system. I corrected an error that I saw with respect to one of the changes, and the servers seem stable. We can move forward with more content / testing.

Thank you to everyone for their patience.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:32 pm

From backlands:

Astrolabe Update

Here is a summary of my larger announcement, feel free to read it all for full details:

• Player Support is now in the Astrolabe
  • A new tool to search and find Deities
  • A new tool to view chat logs in browser
  • Fixture images in crafting compendium
  • General improvements overall

Player Support in Astrolabe

The old support portal has been fully rebuilt to be a part of the Astrolabe! This includes login for your accounts which is needed for some future features we are looking at as well. Once logged in you can submit and review support tickets just like in the old support portal but hopefully with a bit better user experience.

The following things can be expected:

• Login using your PHPbb user account in Astrolabe
  • Submit support tickets from the Astrolabe
  • View old support tickets in the Astrolabe
  • More readable interface
  • Better display of ticket conversation
  • Overall facelift and cleanup

This was the biggest piece of work that I have done so far for Arelith and has been a labour of love for me for the last year to migrate the support system into Astrolabe. I hope you appreciate the effort that went into this and you can expect more new features (maybe quicker now) with the addition of players being able to login.

Deity Viewer Tool

A new tool pulling from live game data to find information about deities. Allows for filtering by various details about the deity you are looking for: aspects, alignment, etc. Also includes a direct link for most deities to the Arelith Wiki.

Currently does not display domain information due to limitations around reading game data from the website.

Chat Log Viewer

The tool previously (and still) available on the website at nwn.quik.one for viewing chat logs has now been migrated over to also be included in the Astrolabe. This will version will be iterated on in the future with better parsing of Arelith specific elements.

Crafting Compendium Updates

• Adjusted icons for input / output filtering to be a bit clearer, might take some getting used to but the new icons show the IN/OUT difference a bit better.
  • Added a "close" button to pages, so you can close OR go back a page in the section.
  • Added new option in the main menu of the compendium to view "All Ingredients", to see and then search the crafting system for all items using a specific Ingredient!
  • Most fixtures and some workstations now show an image in their recipe listing. I will be working to adding missed ones over time from logs provided by the application.

Portal Updates

• Portraits now fallback to the stock male head image if for some reason an image fails to load (no more blank portraits with just a name).

General Astrolabe Updates

• A flashy new error page for the Astrolabe, I just needed a break from complicated code...
  • Cleanup of colours to make the Astrolabe a bit more consistent. Including a more consistent look across pages / content.

That was a lot! Thanks for getting here, if you have any feedback or find bugs, please post them on their respective forum!

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:14 am

We are aware of an issue with shapeshifting. We are investigating and I’ve informed the dev who was fixing werewolves. Thanks for the understanding.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:52 pm

Hopefully with this round of resets players can polymorph / shape change again. If not, open a bug report. Thanks.

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Kalopsia » Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:29 pm

From Kalopsia

DOMAIN CHANGE

• Just like Good/Evil domains, Law/Chaos ones now require the patron deity to support clerics of a corresponding alignment.
    • For instance, a Chaotic Evil Demon Lord supports CE, NE and CN clerics. As a result, the will not grant access to the Good and Law domains.
    • This amends an oversight in their initial implementation and includes preparations for the addition of Banned Domains on the Astrolabe deity index.
  • All Clerics receive 2 Domain Change Tokens as a result of this adjustment.

BUG FIX

• Monkey Grip: Double-sided weapons wielded alongside shields no longer grant additional attacks per round.
  • Epic Dragon Knight: The Dracolich stream once more counts as a necromantic summon.

LYCANTHROPY

• Transforming into a lycanthrope automatically applies a disguise with the corresponding name, unless the character is already disguised.
    • After unshifting successfully, this automatically applied disguise is removed once more.
  • When entering berserk mode, lycanthropes are now a little more responsive to their environment thanks to an increased AI script frequency.
  • Fixed a rare bug where some non-shapechanger NPCs could infect characters with lycanthropy.
  • The Monk class now applies immunity to Lycanthropy via its Purity of Body feat.

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Kalopsia » Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:26 pm

from sk

• Very small thing here. The Prayer spell now extends its radius to everyone on a ship when you cast it, just like Song and Hope.from
  • Prayer hostiling NPCs should be fixed.

From Twohand

• Encircled by a never-ending thunderstorm, a castle floats aimlessly through the skies high above the island of Arelith and the Trackless Sea. It is Gyldenheim, the Cloud Palace, a new epic level dungeon.

• Until Brogendenstein gets its airship in working order, there is only one way to access the castle, and that's somewhere else in the Dark Spires. You'll have to explore the mountain.

• Thanks to Svrtr for some great descriptions!

Also from Twohand

New Weapons!

• Callidyrr Blade - Bastard Sword
    +4 Attack Bonus
    Damage Bonus: 3 Piercing
    Damage Bonus: 1 Slashing
    Keen
    Massive Criticals: 1d8
    Rune: Tier 3 Thorass

• Song of Moonlight - Bastard Sword
    +4 Enhancement
    Keen
    Damage Bonus: 2d4 Sonic
    Damage Bonus vs Evil: 2 Piercing
    Extra Damage Type: Piercing
    Skill Bonus: +3 Perform
    Cast Spell: Good Hope, 1 use per day
    Cast Spell: Aura of Glory (7), 1 use per day
    Cast Spell: Moonbeam (9), 2 uses per day
    Base Weight Reduction: 60%
    Alignment Requirement: Non-evil
    Race Requirement: Elf (any), Half-elf
    Crafting Requirement: Drow
    Rune: Tier 3 Espruar
    UMD Requirement: 45
    (Description by Merry!)

• Despoiler - Battleaxe
    +4 Enhancement
    Keen
    Massive Critical 1d12
    Damage Bonus vs Lawful: 2 Piercing
    Skill Bonus: +2 Intimidate
    Skill Bonus: +2 Sail
    Skill Bonus: +2 Search
    Extra Damage Type: Bludgeoning
    Alignment Requirement: Non-lawful
    UMD Requirement: 30

• Heavenly Fire - Greataxe
    +4 Enhancement
    Keen
    Damage Bonus: 1d6 Fire
    Damage Bonus: 1d4 Divine
    Massive Criticals: 1d10
    Cast Spell: Sunfire (13), 2 uses per day
    Cast Spell: Light (5), 1 use per day
    Alignment Requirement: Non-evil
    Crafting Requirement: Cleric, Paladin, Divine Champion
    Rune: Tier 3 Celestial

• Dusk - Sickle
    +4 Enhancement
    Keen
    +3 Vampiric Regeneration
    Damage Bonus vs Evil: 1d4 Piercing
    Damage Bonus vs Undead: 2 Magic
    Damage Bonus vs Outsider: 2 Magic
    Damage Bonus vs Aberration: 2 Magic
    Massive Critical 2d4
    Alignment Requirement: Non-good
    Rune: Tier 3 Infernal

• Maw of the Depths - Trident
    +4 Enhancement
    Keen
    Damage Bonus: 1d4 Divine
    Damage Bonus: 1d4 Magical
    Cast Spell: Waterbreathing (3), 2 uses per day
    Cast Spell: Dark Undertow, 2 uses per day
    Favored Soul, Shaman, and Cleric Spell Slot: 7
    Skill Bonus: +3 Spellcraft
    Skill Bonus: +3 Concentration
    Class Requirement: Cleric, Favored Soul, Divine Champion, Shaman
    (Description by Merry!)

• Focus of the Shukenja - Wakizashi
    +4 Enhancement
    Keen
    Massive Criticals: 1d8
    Ability Bonus: +1 Charisma
    Skill Bonus: +2 Spellcraft
    Skill Bonus: +2 Concentration
    Cast Spell: Protection vs the Elements (10), 1 use per day
    Immunity Damage Type: 5% Acid
    Immunity Damage Type: 5% Cold
    Immunity Damage Type: 5% Electricity
    Immunity Damage Type: 5% Fire
    Class Requirement: Cleric, Elementalist, Favored Soul, Monk, Shaman

From Aellowyn

New pants!

Pant sets comes with:
2 Thighs (#95, 96)
3 Shins (#94, 95, 96)
2 Feet (#84, 85)
&
2 Pelvis (#65, 66)

From Bat Country

CRIERS

• Town criers, which previously still used the old time scale, will now correctly shout their messages for the number of ingame hours specified.
  • Andunor Arena Cage Fight crier messages have been reduced in duration and frequency; only Beast fights will now trigger crier messages to avoid the message queue constantly getting overloaded.

From Kalopsia

LYCANTHROPY

• Werecats, wererats and wereboars can now infect PCs with their own form of therianthropy.
  • Mechanically, these afflictions are identical to that of werewolves.

From Zadi:

New Arrow VFX!

• All arrow VFX has been updated to look more unique and interesting.
  • Fire, Electric, Sonic, Acid and Cold. Normal arrows remain unchanged.

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Kalopsia » Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:57 am

From Kalopsia

ZOO SPELLS

• The function responsible for zoo spells (i.e. Bull's Strength, Cat's Grace, ...) has been revised to address a bug that prevented Empower Metamagic from being applied correctly by epic transmuters.
  • During this process, the following changes have been implemented:
    • Characters that automatically empower or maximise these spells can now use metamagic to both empower and maximise them.
    • Recasting a zoo spell on the same target to increase the ability bonus can no longer reduce the spell's effect caster level vs. dispels.

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:37 am

From Sincra:
===============================
Blessed Sickle and Special Ability:
* Fixes *
- Should now act as advertised and refresh 1 plant per rest immediately.

* Changes *
- Conditions for ability use have changed, to reiterate these are now:
-> Target must be a plant
-> Plant must have an inventory
-> Plant must have a resource it can produce
- Used to require Druid levels to activate the ability, even if you had UMD to use it while not a Druid.

Irongron wrote:I've literally never used -guard on anyone.

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:48 am

From Peachoo, Hadals, Kuma, and BHR55

Hi Everyone!
It's that time again, another lore update just hit our wiki!

The Shadovar page on the Arelith Wiki has now been updated with helpful lore information for those of you playing a shadovar, or those who plan to play Shadovar. This one has taken quite a lot of time and effort from the team to edit and put together. We hope you find this information helpful!

Special thanks to BHR55 and Hadals for helping me out with research and editing!

As always, if you have lore/sourcebook related questions, you can always ping the lore channel in the official Arelith Discord for help or pm someone from the writing team!

https://wiki.nwnarelith.com/Shadovar

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Kalopsia » Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:18 am

From Kalopsia

VAMPIRE BITE

• The Vampire Bite ability now applies minor level drain instead of a constitution penalty.
  • When used against humanoid NPCs that are fatally injured, it can infect them, causing them to rise as Vampire Spawn upon death.
    • The probability of infection rises by 10% for each 6 of the vampire's levels.
    • Trying to turn NPCs in this way may leave behind clues that can be examined.

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:06 pm

From Sincra:

Item Properties and Matching up:
Bracers (Now match gloves):

• Can accept Enhancement Bonus
  • Can accept damage bonuses
  • Can accept Keen
  • Can accept Onhit properties
  • Several others

Gloves:

• Can now accept Keen

Magic Staves:

• Can now accept Keen

Note:
Some of these were meant to come with the Dweomercraft update, but as that is taking me longer than expected it is harder to justify keeping them back.
Enjoy!

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Kalopsia » Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:27 pm

From Kalopsia

BUG FIXES

• Zoo spells no longer fail when they shouldn't and can now refresh the duration of prior spell instances, as long as they meet or exceed their ability bonus.
  • Spell target validation has been improved. This should address existing issues with the Obsidian Asylum dungeon.
  • Lore checks for scrolls now factor in Lore skill penalties on equipped items.

From KT28

New emote style: Auto Novel

• A new Auto Novel emote style may be selected with -emote_style 2.
  • This emote style will convert "standard" style (with asterisks denoting emotes) into "novel" style (dialogue becomes marked with "" quotation marks, and emotes are displayed plain).

Examples:
Hello there, my old friend. He smiles. It's been too long.
-->
"Hello there, my old friend." He smiles. "It's been too long."

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:04 am

Due to an unforeseen issue with an update, I had to bring it down and issue a rollback of about 8 hours only on players characters. All other aspects were not touched.

I do apologize for the inconvenience.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:19 pm

Future Backup Plans

With the recent rollback that happened on the 18th, I wanted to be open with the community about the future of backups as a rollback does impact players, their time commitments to the game and the loss of effort over that rollback period.

So, going over the 18th - we had an unforeseen outage that was a result of a change that went in. This change unfortunately impacted characters by removing item properties off key items (or rather just any item). With reverting the change, it did not reapply those properties so we had to extract from the latest backup the entire server vault and put characters back that to a good state again. The extract took a long time as the server vault is majority of the backup. But, in the end, players lost about 8 hours of playtime from their characters. This is not something we want to do ever - we know it can make people upset, and the community has a right to be upset about the losses suffered during a backup. Our intent is to ensure you have a playable game. But, this leaves us with room for improvement.

Currently our system for backups functions on a twice daily backup. So, in a 24 hour period, we take a backup every 12 hours. So if issues happen and we need to restore something from a backup, we can be sometimes lucky with a backup happening just recently, but in most cases there will be a large difference. This is not ideal in any situation. Immediately after restoring everything, I've been speaking with individuals who will be spearheading our backup strategy to improve upon this. The immediate band-aid solution is to push the backups to 4x a day (this means every 6 hours instead of every 12 hours). Also we discussed enabling a manual backup option in our back end process before an update rolls out that may impact character files (ie. things that will change a file and require a rollback if broken [stat adjustments, item changes, other related hak content directly related to your character or items]). This means that we will run a backup that takes about 25 minutes or more before releasing the update so if we have to fall back that it would only be minutes of rollback versus several hours.

We have some future proposals down the road that we will be considering as well for backups, such as taking backups on an hourly basis in a local disk versus a remote server every 6 hours. There has been some good feedback from some very technical members of the staff and contributing groups we chat with regularly. However, at the moment, the backups do remain at 2x daily until we have some cycles to sit and make the quick bandaid solution. But we do intend to do this sooner than later.

The individuals that are going to be assisting in this project are myself, Hoodoo and backlands. We will make an announcement once we have progress on this.

Thank you.

DM Starfish
Art Director
Art Director

Post by DM Starfish » Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:34 am

From Starfish:

Are you unnerved by eight legged arthropods? Worry no more with this shiny new override which does away with all of the legs and eyes, letting you focus on what's most important. Killing spiders!

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=17682&p=328157#p328157

(Covers all variants of vanilla spiders as well as our very own custom variations)

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:58 pm

From Aellowyn
==============
As part of an ongoing project to improve our existing heads, a handful of female human heads have been given a facelift, with enhanced profiles and improved textures.

In addition, two new hairstyles have been added, #94 & 93.

From Sincra
=============================
Cooldowns and Domain Powers:
- The following domain abilities have been moved to the unified cooldown system so are now able to be checked and fixed by the -cd command:
* Air
* Cold
* Earth
* Fire
* Water
* Storm
* Forge
* Strength
* Animal
* Ooze
* Vermin
* Death
* Destruction
* Sun
* Moon
* Magic

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:46 am

From Sincra
====================================
Two sides of the same divinely coin:
* Cure Minor Wounds:
- No longer has d6 vs Undead.
- Still damages Undead but at d3.
- Now respects maximised state when under Divine Favour for Healer Path Cleric.

* Inflict Minor Wounds:
- No longer has d6 vs Undead.
- Still heals Undead but at d3.
- Now respects maximised state when under Divine Favour for Defiler Path Cleric.

Note:
If the numbers seem too low please leave feedback on the forum, but bear in mind these are cantrips and as such should not be able to completely replace or out class actual spells.

Bless Weapon and Offhand Shields:
- Casting Bless Weapon on someone already with a blessed weapon normally targets the offhand.
- This was causing issues where certain Cleric domains (Sun/Moon) trying to share their bonuses with someone else who already has bless weapon on their primary hand would incorrectly target the shield.
- Shields are now exempt from offhand checks, it will instead apply it to the mainhand if a shield is present.

Note:
I have also redone the logic for how Sun and Moon are calculated, if something seems amiss please let me know notably it should now correctly apply vfx reliably as well as the damage types.

DM Starfish
Art Director
Art Director

Post by DM Starfish » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:18 am

Coming very soon!

The Haunting
Event: 2/11/2023 to 6/11/2023~
(DD/MM/YYYY)

Horrible spectres have appeared across the isle of Arelith to possess creatures. Killing a possessed creature will cause the spectre to pop out and attack. When killed, the spectre will drop treasure based on its power.

• Wild garlic and pumpkin plants will be added over the coming days.
  • DMs may hand out pumpkins when available.
  • Added a number of recipes that will be rolled out as quickly as possible.
    • Added a number of craftable candies, the recipes will be deleted after the event.
    • Added a number of craftable jack-o'-lantern fixtures, the recipes will be deleted after the event and likely the fixtures too.
    • Added a number of craftable gravestones.
    • Added a new craftable wooden coffin.
    • Added a number of craftable lanterns.
  • For the duration of the event, you might encounter a possessed creature in your adventures. These creatures will be marked with a unique VFX and will spawn a spectre on death. Spectres are easier at low levels and much harder at higher levels. Be prepared for a fight.
  • Spectres will drop treasure items like yellow name creatures.

Recipes:
Headstone B: Art
CP: 11 DC: 2
4 Marble
Output: 1

Headstone C: Art
CP: 11 DC: 2
4 Marble

Wooden Coffin (Open): Carpentry
CP: 1 DC: 1
1 Wooden Coffin (Closed)

Wooden Coffin (Closed) A: Carpentry
1 Wooden Coffin (Open)

Wooden Coffin (Closed) B: Carpentry
CP: 8 DC: 4
1 Bronze Ingot
3 Softwood

Jack-o'-lantern A (Lit): Herbalism
1 Jack-o'-lantern A (Unlit)

Jack-o'-lantern A (Unlit): Herbalism
1 Pumpkin
1 Wax
1 Cotton

Jack-o'-lantern B (Lit): Herbalism
1 Jack-o'-lantern B (Unlit)

Jack-o'-lantern B (Unlit): Herbalism
1 Pumpkin
1 Wax
1 Cotton

Jack-o'-lantern C (Lit): Herbalism
1 Jack-o'-lantern C (Unlit)

Jack-o'-lantern C (Unlit): Herbalism
1 Pumpkin
1 Wax
1 Cotton

Angler's Lantern: Art
CP: 12 DC: 8
1 Iron Ingot
1 Bioluminescent Gel
1 Quartz

Alchemical Lantern: Art
1 Quartz
1 Alchemical Catalyst (Lesser)
1 Silver Ingot

Forge Lantern: Art
1 Glass
1 Copper Ingot
1 Wax
1 Cotton

Golden Skullhook: Art
2 Rubies
1 Skull
1 Gold Ingot
Alchemical Catalyst (Lesser)

Crypt Lantern: Art
1 Iron Ingot
1 Scroll of Chill Touch
1 Wax
1 Cotton

Verdant Candle: Art
1 Hard Wood
1 Wax
1 Cotton
1 Green Dye

Skull Candle: Art
1 Skull
1 Charcoal
1 Wax
1 Cotton
1 Scroll of Daze

Sugar Skull: Herbalism
CP: 4 DC: 2
5 Nuts
20 Sugar
Output: 20

Mint Swirl: Herbalism
20 Sugar
2 Mintspear

Fruity Chews: Herbalism
1 Light Green Dye
1 Light Orange Dye
1 Light Red Dye
20 Sugar
2 Fruit

Toffied Apple: Herbalism
10 Fruit
20 Sugar

Candied Kernels: Herbalism
10 Fruit
20 Sugar

Wrapped Lolly: Herbalism
10 Berries
20 Sugar

Candied Toe: Herbalism
10 Small Meat
20 Sugar

Cocoa Ingot: Herbalism
20 Sugar
4 Milk
6 Cocoa

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:55 am

From Sincra

Multibuy Store NUI & Rest Settings:

• New category added under settings, "NUI Settings"
  • New setting added in new category, "Enable Multibuy NUI Popup"

Toggling the Enable option to ACTIVE will enable the popup appearing on stores being opened.

DM Starfish
Art Director
Art Director

Post by DM Starfish » Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:04 am

The Eldritch Skullcandle and Ruby Skullhook lanterns will be available to craft next reset. My bad on naming them wrong in the announcement.

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:36 pm

From Kroatius

• New heads
    • Three new male dwarf heads (Head 31-33)
    • Four new male gnome heads (Head 27-30)

Special thanks to THEFACE, and Shemsu-Heru for their magnificent works.

DM Starfish
Art Director
Art Director

Post by DM Starfish » Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:57 pm

For clarity, pirate and outcast characters can no longer trade with the merchants at Port Azoun.