Arelith Toolset Streaming

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Arelith Toolset Streaming

Post by Irongron » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:35 am

We've set up a new channel on the official Discord where I and other area developers can stream their work on Arelith in the NWN toolset.

A chance to see areas being made, and give feedback and suggestions in real time (via a text channel, though I'll be narrating while I work).

This is something of a trial run for now, and I hope to start the first stream shortly.

Be warned, it may:

a) be very dull

and

b) involve swearing (While I can be a responsible adult while posting on the forums, the same cannot be said for my manner during the creative process)

Irongron

Re: Arelith Toolset Streaming

Post by Irongron » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:50 am

Well, I did a few of these yesterday, and it went well - thanks to everyone of our patrons that got involved.

Having tested out the concept we'll definitely be doing more of this with the following changes:

- There are now two stream channels on Discord, one 'public', and one for Patreon Supporters only. Which one myself or any other developer will use will depend on our personal preferences at any given time. Obviously on the Patron only channel we're doing so to a much smaller audience, which can make any Q&A easier to manage.

- On the public stream all Patrons have voice access, and can chat with myself or any other developer there directly. (Please keep any questions Arelith related!)

- We will be running all broadcasts on Twitch. Currently I'm doing that on my LordIrongron account, but will switch to the 'official' Arelith Twitch channel once I've got this all a bit more polished.

- If during the stream you want to ask questions or give feedback, you can do so in the 'Development' Discord Channel (Or Patron channel when stream is patron-only).

- In quieter moments, or when I'm working alongside listening to music or have company I may be muted during the stream, in which case it will just be a stream of silent toolset work.

Finally, just to reiterate a point from before. This really will not be for everyone. Watching areas being made, and listening to my somewhat monotonous rambling while working on content is DEFINITELY not for everyone, and likely only of any real interest to those wishing to learn more about module development.

The next stream will begin shortly on some upcoming Underdark content.

Irongron

Post by Irongron » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:58 pm

Another toolset stream with Q&A is scheduled for tonight at 19.30 GMT (14.30 CT)

Irongron

Post by Irongron » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:57 am

I'll be continuing this at 20.00 GMT (15.00 CT) tonight, on both our official Discord and the LordIrongron Twitch Channel..

Irongron

Post by Irongron » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:06 pm

Another of the above streams will begin shortly.

Irongron

Post by Irongron » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:11 pm

I will begin streaming again within the next 30 minutes, in what should be the final stream of the 'Formian Dungeon' project.

Irongron

Post by Irongron » Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:10 pm

Next will commence in just under 2 hours.