Lunara - a 5% (Now Greater) weapon - Information.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Lunara - a 5% (Now Greater) weapon - Information.

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:41 pm

Lunara – Reminder and Information.
This is a reminder that applications for this very special 5% award are still open!:
See below the quote for some additional details.
Liareth wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:25 am
New major award, a unique, customizable sentient weapon

Introducing a new type of application-only major award, a unique, customizable sentient weapon called Lunara. This weapon is one of a kind - the character who gets her, gets her, and will be Lunara's only wielder until they retire. Lunara will grow with your character, gaining experience as you do, which can be spent to consume other weapons and unlock customizable VFX. And when you do retire, your story will not end there; we will work with you to update her description and add references to your character's journey to her dialogue, allowing her next wielder to experience a small part of your character's story.

Progression

Lunara has no mechanical statistics of her own. Instead, she relies on the consumption of other weapons to progress with your character. When she consumes a weapon, she becomes a mirror of that weapon mechanically, transforming into its base item type and gaining its item properties. Consuming a weapon costs experience points. As your character gains experience points, so, too, will Lunara.

Customization

Lunara's experience points can be spent to customize her VFX. VFX can be selected from a limited subset, but this is our first iteration, so we will maintain an active dialogue with her wielder and make adjustments if we think there could be improvements here. She has access to a number of VFX events, including but not limited to:

* On hit
* On crit
* On kill
* On equip
* On unequip
* Weapon glow

Trait - jealousy!

Lunara is a jealous, insecure weapon. She'll take note of other weapons around you. Should she see a better, more valuable weapon, she might express that jealousy by nudging you to consume it. If it already has a wielder, her insecurity has been known to get the better of her, compelling her to lash out and insult the other weapon! But you are her wielder, and she will listen to you. If you tire of her nagging, you can always ask her to give you a break. Just make sure to apologise when you're ready to hear more!

How do I get her?

Lunara is an application-only award and there will only be one of her available at any one time. Please submit an application through forum PM to the Active DM group outlining the plan for your character and why you think she would be a good addition to your character's story. There is no RPR requirement, but please note that we are looking for players who are not afraid to give her up when their character's story is over. We will loosely monitor the character activity of her owner to ensure she is not gathering dust at the bottom of an unopened pack for an extended period of time.

One last thing: Lunara is an experiment! If she proves popular, and is RPed well by her wielder, we will consider adding items / weapons like her in the future. If we were ever to add another sentient weapon, they would, of course, have their own unique personality and special traits.

Currently we have sadly had very little interest in this – only one application that has met the criteria. Because of this I'm going to give a few more details, and clarify a few things.

1) To apply to own Lunara you MUST have a 5% award in the bank.
2) The Character you apply on MUST be a new character. Existing characters CANNOT apply for this award.
3) Yes, we will require an amount of ongoing activity to keep this award – this is because it is a one-of-a-kind. It is not fair that someone gain it, then it languish in a character vault for years on end, so no one else can. However – the award is separate to your character. Should it be removed, you can still play the character.
4) If the award is given up voluntarily, or lost through deletion/permadeath, then you should (if you so wish it) get a small quest, a replacement weapon, and the knowledge that your characters legacy will live on through the blade's dialogue, and its description!
5) Sadly however, you do not get to choose who gets it next. At/around the point of removal (circumstances dependent) we'll open up applications again.
6) There are currently NO racial/alignment/class restrictions on it.
7) You should get a small DM quest upon receiving the blade, as well.

Finally, to wet your appetite, this is the description of the weapon.
This weapon rarely remains the same form for too long and yet no matter what shape she claims, the markings of a master’s work are apparent. Adamantine is prominent to her working, with mithril and polished wood from some ancient tree forming hilt or handle. And though their location may vary, engraved arcane runes pulse dimly with light akin to a beating heart.

[Draconic]: Teach her and treasure her. Protect her and let her protect you. And above all, love her.

Shaped into the weapon, whether cradling the blade of a sword, head of an axe, or embracing the handle of a bow, is the figurehead of a young woman. Her precise make is unclear; though she must be carved from wood or sculpted of ceramic, she looks uncannily lifelike. A flush of excitement turns tawny cheeks to sepia and her bright grey eyes glint with interest. Even the whirl of black hair dancing in waves about her shoulders speaks of eternal motion.

Joy infuses her delicately shaped features; even in stillness, a smile shines resplendent on her lips. But when she stirs, that eagerness is amplified tenfold. Her voice brims with curiosity and a consuming need to experience everything life has to offer. However, this joy is not the only emotion to surge forth; on occasion she stills with pouting lips, chin held high, and the spark of jealousy turning her eyes molten silver.

And if you want to know more – Liareth is happy to talk to anyone with questions about the blade.

This is a really cool award and I'm eager to see it in play. Right now competition is really low, and I wanted to remind everyone that it existed. So if this appeals to you at all? Please make an application now! Send it to the DM team and we'll get back to you. We'll probably keep applications open for approximately two weeks from this post.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Lunara - a 5% weapon - Information.

Post by The GrumpyCat » Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:01 pm

Due to request we're lowering Lunaria to a Greater - at least for it's first outing.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Lunara - a 5% (Now Greater) weapon - Information.

Post by The GrumpyCat » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:10 pm

The Time limit is over, no more applications for Lunaria may be submitted.
This too shall pass.