DM Recruitment

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: DM Recruitment

Post by Irongron » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:36 pm

Having discussed it with the Head DM, and following another discussion on the lack of coverage in our 'quiet hours' we are opening up DM recruitment again, but this time ONLY for those DMs in the UTC +6 to +12 timezones.

Over the last few years I've tried a great deal to increase our numbers in those hours, and while have seen a significant increase, it is still not enough, not only for DMs, but players also.

We've therefore decided to take the unusual step of recruiting not just from our own playerbase, or that of NWN, but to try and find D&D Tabletop DMs willing to give it a try. There is no guarantee of success, and once again we'll really need help from our players in those timezones.

Please help us spread the word -the only way we will ever increase activity in those hours is with a concerted effort, and as some players have recently pointed out, as Arelith expands our community there is increasingly left behind. We badly want to build a server that is active for all players, wherever in the world they choose to play.

If anyone is interested please contact the Active Admin group here on the forums, or via our email at arelith.server@gmail.com

DM Atropos

Post by DM Atropos » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:12 am

The first of our new DMs in AU-friendly timezones has joined us!

Please welcome DM Starfish! They're GMT +10 and are currently learning all the ropes. Be kind to them!
What is woven will be.

DM Atropos

Post by DM Atropos » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:12 am

Joining the AU crowd is DM Magpie! Give a warm welcome!
What is woven will be.

DM Atropos

Post by DM Atropos » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:21 pm

All right all! It is that time again.

DM Recruitment is open effective now.

If you have an interest in applying, even if you have made it to stage 2 previously, please send a PM with your usual player/character names and time zone to MYSELF and ACTIVE ADMINS ONLY. Please make sure you include me on the PM.

Explain why you feel you would be a good addition to the team!

We are actively seeking those in PST-EST timezones, but no application will be turned away based on time zone alone.

Good luck!
What is woven will be.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:17 am

DM Wake has once again taken up their mantle and resumed active DM duties.

Please welcome them back with open arms, and hopefully they don't pause the server.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

DM Atropos

Post by DM Atropos » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:18 am

Additional note: this round of applications will close on 6/13/20. Please make sure you apply before then!
What is woven will be.

DM Atropos

Post by DM Atropos » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:37 pm

The first round of hiring interviews is done. Please welcome:
DM Butterfly
DM MoonMoon
DM Ricebowl.

Treat them as you would like to be treated. There will be another group in a week's time.
What is woven will be.

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:58 am

We've added another DM to the team. Please welcome DM Praxis. Give them love!
Please don't feed my sister.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:17 pm

DM Straw Hat has joined the team. Please do not light them with your torches.

Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:38 am

DM Interviews are now open from now until 03/20/2021 (20/03/2021). Anything received after the 20th will be rejected.

Those looking to apply to become a DM are required to send an application to myself (DM Titania) and the Active Admin team via the forums. Please do not include the Active DM team, or your application will not be considered. You can provide as little or as much information as you like with your PM, whatever you feel is appropriate, and then we will get back to you with an answer.

After the first round of applications are reviewed and an answer is received, the second round date for interviews will be posted.

Good luck, mortals!

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:45 pm

Bump: 10 Days left in the DM Interviews Deadline (3/20/2021).!If you are interested, please send in your app to myself and Active Admins (Sending it to Active DMs will disqualify you!). You can provide as little or as much as you like, though currently played character is recommended to include.

After the deadline has passed, the second round date for interviews will be given to you.

Those who have sent in an app already will start receiving their responses this week.

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:21 pm

Another Bump: 6 Days left in the DM Interviews Deadline (3/20/2021). !If you are interested, please send in your app to myself and Active Admins (Sending it to Active DMs *will*disqualify you!). You can provide as little or as much as you like, though currently played character is recommended to include.

After the deadline has passed, the second round date for interviews will be given to you.

Everyone who has sent in an app has received a response. If you have not received a response, please bump your message to myself and the Active Admins.

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:29 pm

Last reminder: Tomorrow is the last day to send in your DM Application. Please follow instructions to avoid an immediate rejection. Any sent after the deadline will not be read. Second Round Interview Dates will be messaged to the accepted next week after all applications have been decided upon.

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:13 pm

DM Interviews have concluded!

The first batch of DMs joining us are:

DM Luna
DM Pandemonium
DM Potato
DM Propensity
DM Snowcat
DM Squire
DM Teardrop

We'll announce the second batch that will be welcomed to the team at the end of May. Please treat these angels with love and kindness and give them a warm welcome.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Sat May 29, 2021 4:45 pm

New DMs
=======

Please welcome with open arms the following DMs that have joined our team:

- DM Janitor
- DM Nightcrawler
- DM Mirage
- DM Monkey
- DM Raven
- DM Bandit

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:11 pm

Happy Valentine's Day, mortal Arelithians!

DM Interviews are now open. If you've ever wanted to proclaim your love for Arelith, now is the time! We're looking for more talent across all time zones.

This year, please go to https://interview.nwnarelith.com/ to submit an application. Round 1 will be open until the end of the month (02-28-2022). If you could include your time zone with your answer to the single question that is asked, that would be appreciated.

Please ensure you follow directions, PMing us on the forums with your app will not have it considered this year (Especially if you PM Active DMs.) Any questions can be messaged to myself, DM Queen Titania. Please don't PM any other DM.

After the first round of applications are reviewed, we will have a response posted on the interview.nwnarelith.com site with an update within a few days after it concludes, along with when the next round starts for those who make the cut.

Love from your Queen,

DM Titania

Hoodoo
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Hoodoo » Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:26 am

Friendly reminder the round 1 DM Interview applications are still open for another week
https://interview.nwnarelith.com/

Hoodoo
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Hoodoo » Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:16 pm

This will be your last reminder:
<2 days to submit your DM Round 1 Application.
https://interview.nwnarelith.com/

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:52 pm

This will really be your last reminder: Today is the last day to submit your DM Round 1 Application. https://interview.nwnarelith.com/

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:30 am

Round 1 is closed. Round 2 is not yet starting. If you qualified, PLEASE DO NOT START ROUND 2 YET. If you have, please message me.

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:28 am

Round 2 is now open for those who passed round 1. You have until March 14th to complete the questions. Any after will not be looked at. Please give yourself about 100 minutes of time to answer 20 questions. (It should take far less, but the max time per question is five minutes.).

If you did not pass round 1, you are welcome to apply next year.

Please send any questions to myself only.

Hoodoo
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Hoodoo » Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:52 am

Apologies if you got kicked out during the round 2 interview. There was an issue with the cookies that I sorted out, if you want your responses back in order to copy/paste for the questions you already did, before you re-take the interview please message me and I'll get them to you.

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:59 am

Reminder that for those who made it to Round 2, it will close on 3/14. If you check your status on the site and see an accepted/denied message, please ignore until 3/14, this is an error.

Please send any other questions to myself only.

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:19 pm

New DMs
=======

Please welcome the following new DMs! Treat them well.

DM Dropbear
DM Crow
DM Sinnyl
DM Navi
DM Calico
DM Kannoth
DM Spark
DM Herald
DM Sentinel
DM Starshine
DM Corruption
DM Favoritism
DM Rainbow
DM Satyr
DM Poppy

DM Wraith
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Wraith » Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:02 pm

Skol Arelithians!

Have you wanted to give back to the community through captivating stories and aiding fellow players in their endeavors? Perhaps helping to address administrative work within the server or simply fostering a positive and inclusive community, encouraging teamwork and creativity among players? Now is the time! We are actively recruiting for a few Dungeon Master positions currently available.

This year, please go to https://interview.nwnarelith.com/ to submit an application starting on Monday 13 NOV 23; the website should be updated by end of this weekend hopefully. Round 1 will be open until Saturday 25 NOV 23. Please be sure to include your time zone with your answer to the question(s) that are asked.

Please ensure adherence to all directions; PMing us on the forums with your app will not have it considered this year. Any questions can be messaged to myself, DM Wraith on the forums or through Discord. Please do not PM any other DM's regarding this or it will result in your application being dismissed.

After the first round of applications are reviewed, we will have a responses sent out to everyone that has applied. Everyone is encouraged to apply if you wish to heed the calling regardless of experience level within the server.

Eternally,
DM Wraith