Cordor TIMELINE

All discussions, suggestions, submissions, organizations required to keep the Encyclopedia Arelithica up to date, and worthy of historical annals.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Re: Cordor TIMELINE

Post by The Man of the Moon » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:19 am

Updated the lapse between the murder of Galverson and the year 22 AR.

On stand by untill I add the rest of what you placed here mates.

(About Giogi, some post before stated he was Councilor or something in the 20ths, a mistake that made me think he was centenary) :lol:
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CragOrion » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:11 pm

To be fair, Keira Heavenstrike's player lives in Australia, so, the lack in her perceived effectiveness was not for her lack of trying. She just had different play hours than most of the mainline players.

(that last update smoothed out the duchy and early pax timelines and really polished it, nice work)

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:30 pm

CragOrion wrote: (that last update smoothed out the duchy and early pax timelines and really polished it, nice work)
This applies to all of you, collaborators without the who the Timeline couldn't never be done.

This is taking a shape I am really loving...

The one thing that MUST be kept as a really treasure in a RP server is precisely it's history. And Arelith has an impresive one.
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

Dinosaur Space Program

Post by Dinosaur Space Program » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:23 pm

Yeah, that is likely part of it, Crag. On Keira that is. But that is how it played out IG and that's what counts unfortunately. I remember it being quite the ousting.

If the Scurvy Cur I see on the forums is the same player I think it is, I'll see if he will contribute to the timelines as well. He would have a positive wealth of information on the earlier years of Arelith.

And yes TMoM, the history unfortunately also is written by the 'conquerors' here as much as anywhere else. Some OOC politics have wiped some mentioned of characters completely out of it I have noticed, no matter what amazing or crazy things they have done. Hopefully we can get enough people pitching in that the decisions of a few people won't keep things shrouded for newer players.

As much as some people see timelines as a way to get RP credit, the fact remains that it is far more about the influences that remains, unseen by many newer players, but there regardless that make a semi-accurate history important as a resource. There will always be some bias because we will remember things differently, but a Lot of players and characters have contributed to Why Arelith is the way it is today. Down to changes in the zones to just habitual RP quirks that have been adopted by players.

I am quite glad you have decided to taking on the position TMoM of compiling, because I know I wouldn't have the patience myself!
“The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program. And if we become extinct because we don't have a space program, it'll serve us right!”
-Larry Niven

Historical Character List (Updated 9/20/19)

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CragOrion » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:24 am

yus, its graash, the scurvy cur :D

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire

Emotionaloverload
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Emotionaloverload » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:59 pm

1)After a bit of debate I've managed to find that before the Korab's the Bramble had the outpost it was under an elf named Sparrow (I don't have the entire name). This was during the time the infernalists undr Samir Lyons ran Cordor and Evelyn was Archdruidess of the Heartwood. If anyone has any spot on dates, please help. This is as much as I could narrow it down.

2)The House of Triad was established by Joshua Colt, Chosen of Tyr, and voted through by the Hawklight Council. Aside from that during his stay as magistrate and Councilor during that period he removed the focus from the Eldafire system of laws and returned it to the Patrician's Laws (The Pax Cordoria Text) which has gained momentum in the guard and following Councils.

-S
Formerly; Echo Hemlocke-Ralkai, Joshua Colt, Namil Evanara, Elanor Shortwick, Sawyer Brook, Kaylessa Dree, Sines Oliver Selakiir, Birgitta Birdie Swordhill, Bella Weartherbee, Arael Laceflower, Corbin, Rupert Silveroak, Hadi the Slave and others.

Marsi

Post by Marsi » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:07 pm

Emotionaloverload wrote:1)After a bit of debate I've managed to find that before the Korab's the Bramble had the outpost it was under an elf named Sparrow (I don't have the entire name). This was during the time the infernalists undr Samir Lyons ran Cordor and Evelyn was Archdruidess of the Heartwood. If anyone has any spot on dates, please help. This is as much as I could narrow it down.
Can confirm this. Can't supply spot on dates though! I remember Sparrow advertising the outpost when I first joined the server, which was 67-68.

Why should the great bell of Beaulieu toll when the shadows were neither short nor long?

KregorRanger

Post by KregorRanger » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:01 am

If anyone is around that could possibly unlock this pre-Korab Bramble troupe ICly for documenting IC history purposes, Kregor would love to play audience to a cameo appearance. :)

Kregor has heard the name Sparrow tossed around. In vain. Something about him selling out the Bramble to Cordor. I've touched on it briefly in journal, but I have very little detail as only one member of the Korab Clan is presently in Kregor's realm of existence, and she's the one who uses Sparrow's name in vain.

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CragOrion » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:49 pm

well, cordor actually formally claimed bramble back around year 51, i believe during herial ghalen's term on council

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:19 am

Emotionaloverload wrote:1)After a bit of debate I've managed to find that before the Korab's the Bramble had the outpost it was under an elf named Sparrow (I don't have the entire name). This was during the time the infernalists undr Samir Lyons ran Cordor and Evelyn was Archdruidess of the Heartwood. If anyone has any spot on dates, please help. This is as much as I could narrow it down.

2)The House of Triad was established by Joshua Colt, Chosen of Tyr, and voted through by the Hawklight Council. Aside from that during his stay as magistrate and Councilor during that period he removed the focus from the Eldafire system of laws and returned it to the Patrician's Laws (The Pax Cordoria Text) which has gained momentum in the guard and following Councils.

-S
CragOrion wrote:well, cordor actually formally claimed bramble back around year 51, i believe during herial ghalen's term on council

Updated.

Cheers!

Thank you

msterswrdsmn

Post by msterswrdsmn » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:54 am

Does anyone remember who the original councilers were? I want to say they were Synthesia, Tifa, and Katie Calhoun, but i'm not 100% sure if Tifa was one right away.

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CragOrion » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:26 am

i think tifa actually started on the 2nd council. first one i think was simone giovani, maybe xinin drias, and some guy i never heard of who dissappeared without ever actually doing anything

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire

Marsi

Post by Marsi » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:00 am

CragOrion wrote: some guy i never heard of who dissappeared without ever actually doing anything
I guess some things never change!

Why should the great bell of Beaulieu toll when the shadows were neither short nor long?

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CragOrion » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:29 am

ZING!

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:29 am

CragOrion wrote:i think tifa actually started on the 2nd council. first one i think was simone giovani, maybe xinin drias, and some guy i never heard of who dissappeared without ever actually doing anything
If he did nothing, then nothing should be the memory of him.

balance.

Thank you

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:47 am

First review and reduction. Needs to be polished and shortened a bit more.
The Man of the Moon wrote:
Cordor TIMELINE

23 BR (Cordor).- Foundation of Cordor as a mighty portuary settlement in the southern coast of Arelith and ruled by a senatorial system.

23 BR (Cordor).- The Cordor Guard is created to support the law and order in the city.

~20’s BR (Cordor).- The senator Tifa "Theopania" Nguyen drafted the first codified laws of Cordor during the Senate era.
This first codification was the basis of all Cordor law, outlasting the Senate and surviving well up through Vetinari's early reign.

~20’s BR (Cordor).- The Silent Hand, a hid crime organization, arrives to Cordor. From its beginning The Silent Hand attempted to monopolize all illegal activities in Cordor, gathering the low lifes and crooks and organizing them.

~8 BR (Cordor).- Arrival to Arelith of Aristotlus Bibliophilius the Fifth, taking residence in Cordor, where joins the Temple’s Guard under Haulfest Command.

~8 BR to 6 AR (Cordor).- Political triumvirate of the senators Aristotlus Bibliophilus the Fifth, Luthien Norquar, and Allanna Coloana. They managed to institute laws to keep the law and order in the city.

8 to 9 AR (Cordor).- Era of Shadows. The Arcane Tower falls under the dark influence of the villains Zedeln and the sharran and self-proclaimed Black Witch Allana
As a result of the struggle between the defensors of law and the evil factors, Allana was finally captured and sentenced to dead.

10 AR (Cordor).- Relocation of the Arcane Tower in the north of the Bramble Forest.

13 AR (Cordor).- The Great Plagues.
Two plagues started by Talonists strike successively causing the decease of thousands of victims inflicted by a virulent pox.
The plagues were definitively stopped by the Ilmatarian priest Dredi Harren with the help of the artifact known as the Satchel of St. Beldarr.

~13 AR (Cordor).- Thailand Archon and his fellows burn down the Social Club in Cordor to hurt the Silent Hand. After that, the Silent Hand on Lower Cordor is told to be banished.

14 AR (Cordor, Wharftown) Aristotlus Bibliophilius V, passed away after leave the Cordor Guard and move to Wharftown, where he reached some years as a successful mayor.

15 AR (Cordor).- The Baronial Age.
Dissolution of the Cordor Senate after a couple years of fights and ascension of Galverson as Duke, supported by the Cordorian Guard led by him.
A baronial system is instituted in which each baron, rules a district in behalf of the Duke, and in charge of their own guards as the Cordor Guard, who supported the duke in the power gets dissolved by himself.

16 to 17 AR (Cordor).- Kedrin Falk inspires riots in the city over the public execution of Erok, a beloved local half-orc and former senator.

16 to 17 AR (Cordor).- As the Baron of the Outskirts District Gabriel passes away, the Dame Hufiira White-Rose is appointed as the new baroness and Sir Thal Oakenheart, who had been a squire for Dame Eldafire (baroness of the Merchant District) becomes baron of the Temple District.

17 AR (Cordor).- Cameo and Zeer are exiled from Cordor, instigating then a conflict considered as the third Sharran War. Reginali panics and Trynn'delynn Eldafire led the defense in absence of any other baron. During the reinging confusion the duke Galverson is kidnapped and kept in captivity.

17 to 18 AR (Cordor).- Lady Eldafire instituted the martial law after the abduction which lasted for about a year.

17 AR (Cordor).- Pogrom in the Gypsy Camp. As the citizens acuse to the gypsies camping outdoors the city of be commiting execrable crimes, a group of off-duty Cordorian Guards lynch them to death. Few will survive after this in the gypsy camp.

17 AR (Cordor).- The Brinson Family moves into the isolated Gypsy Camp, outside the Cordor Walls, founding the Rosewind Troupe. Short time after the foundation, a Great Fair was hosted to celebrate the event.

18 to 19 AR (Cordor).- Disolution of the Helm’s Watch after an inner fight for the leadership that caused several damages to the Old Guard Headquarters.

19 AR (Cordor).- The Duke Galverson, who was kidnaped by the villains Zeer and Cameo, is murdered during a failed rescue attempt. The Baronial age will last a few years after the kill of the duke.

20 AR (Cordor).- The old Guard Headquarters are repaired and the Cordor unified Guard is reformed under the leadership of Graash Zorgar and the support of Barons Oakenheart, Salik and White-Rose. Eldafire also later accepted their jurisdiction in the Merchant District.

20 AR (Cordor).- The Famous Guard Johnathan Diastole is resurrected and helps to consolidate the guard force in his re-joining.

22 AR (Cordor).- Rise of the Pax Cordoria
Lord Havelock Vetinari, a Cordorian Patrician who possessed deeds to most of the major settlements on the island will take the control of Cordor with the “agreement” of all the remaining barons.
Lord Vetinarii allows the creation of a Council to serve as his advisors and to substitute the baronial system; the Guard will remain under the guidance and command of Graash Zorgar, with Rask Under-river being his close liteunant.

22 AR (Arelith coasts).- Raid of the Blood Sail Pirates. A great pirate fleet incurses the island with hidden purposes.

23 to 29 AR (Cordor).- Lady Trynn'delynn Eldafire, former baroness and again in the Guard worked closely with the Council Tifa Amolyn to refine and expand the law system during most of the early Pax Cordoria period (with agreement of Lord Havelock).

20’s AR (Trade and Communications).- The Speedy message service is stablished in the city, allowing to create an organized and efficient service of delivery and messenger available in all the island settlements.

35 AR (Eastern coast).- Seize of Gambler's Bluff by a large drow army in the unsuccessful attempt to stablish a permanent surface outpost. The underdark forces retrerated after a counterattack of a coalition army led by the Cordorian forces.

39 AR (Planes and Arelith leys).- Baator's Awakening.
The Nine Hells have stretched their corrupting influence further to open Gates upon the isle of Arelith. As a ley was used to open a portal to Baator, this was employed by the Devils as a chance to gain a sideway to move troops into the Abyss during the Blood Wars.
A coalition of Arelith forces, led by Stephen Hull and Dante Lyons, co-Councilors of Cordor, defeat the first devil hordes, closing the gate to Baator.
As a side effect, the leys got collapsed and many of them vanished or degenerated into minor destination points.

50 AR (Cordor and Wharftown) The war is declared between the settlements of Cordor and Wharftown.

~50th AR (Cordor).- The Councilor Dante Lyons joins the Cordorian Council. Along the time, he will become an asset for the city, rooting out corruption in the Council at the cost of his political career.

~51 AR (Cordor, Bramble Wood).- The city formally claimed the Bramble Wood, during Herial Ghalen's term on Council.

50’s AR (Trade).- The Captain’s Laurick Sail Company is stablished in all the main portuary settlements (Cordor, Crow’s Nest, Wharftown and Brogendenstein), offering a regular and safe ferry system.

~60 - 68 ? AR (Bramble Wood).- The Bramble's Outpost was ruled under the elf called Sparrow.

70 to 73 AR (Cordor).- Firsala, Jolly Fiddlesticks and Havardr Steinsson dominated the cordorian political scene during three years, arguing a state of emergence to fight the generic decay and corruption within the administration of both, the Guard and the Council itself.

74 AR (Bramble Wood).- The Bramble Watch forms under the Korab Clan, led by Jan "Nightingale" Korab as the Warden. An outpost is built, initially on the hilltop presently known as Howling Point, eventually relocated to the present hill that now houses their fortification.

74 AR (Cordor).- Giogi Silveroak replaces the Councilor Havardr Steinsson, who got accused of be stealing the cloth supply from the city.
From the years 74 to 79, the Council hosted by Lord Vetinari will be in charge of the gnome Jolly Fiddlestick, the elf Giogi Silveroak and a third changing councilor.

79 AR (Bramble Wood).- The Warden of the Bramble Watch, Bothor Gentlebreeze, declares the Bramble Woods independent of the Heartwood oversight, and the Bramble Rangers as a separate, sovereign entity.

80 AR to persent day. Modern History.

Thank you