The Chronology of Arelith SPOILER HEAVY

All discussions, suggestions, submissions, organizations required to keep the Encyclopedia Arelithica up to date, and worthy of historical annals.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: The Chronology of Arelith SPOILER HEAVY

Post by Mithreas » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:53 pm

yellowcateyes wrote:
41 AR (Cleansing of Wharftown) The Wharftown Liberation Movement, led by Herial Ghalen, Magil Mahr, and Kathele Se'Lhane, gets sucess eradicating the Thayvyan from Wharftown.
This is likely an example of the EA author's bias as he played Se'Lhane. He also played all of Kathele's ancestors, as is obvious by the plentiful references to his characters' (and his characters' friends) activities in the early timeline. The "Cleansing of Wharftown" was a rather controversial event at the time as the attack killed many innocent bystanders without actually hurting any of the Thayvian leaders in charge.

I don't believe the Thayvians actually left Wharftown because of it.
This was the event that caused the Wharftown (NPC) guard to be comprised of women rather than men, because all the men died in the fight.

I'm pretty sure it did drive Ayin and gang out, though. Conner?
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: The Chronology of Arelith

Post by Mithreas » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:56 pm

The Man of the Moon wrote: Yes, I added that entry too (I extracted the names from the EA, banishing the name o the banned dude btw as in real history happened many times too):

15 AR Abyssal insurrection. the Witch Sisters Quimelya and Venmelya Grelt'cae took over the Fortress and made themselves rulers. Taking off on the reign of the former leader, a sorceror whose name was banished from the memory.

Feel free to slap me to correct any wrong typo.
According to the database, the correct spellings are:
Venmelya Greltâcae
Quimelya Greltâcae

Where the â is a character my English terminal can't understand, but isn't an apostrophe (that would render as ~) :)
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

Seven Sons of Sin

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:03 pm

Kuma can chime in, but I do there was one Thayan that was instaganked outside of Wharftown right before the "invasion" occurred. He either rolled or quit right after that, because of how frustratingly poor it was handled.

But yeah "Cleansing of Wharftown"? Extremely bias. That's a bit of historiography for you.
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil

Seven Sons of Sin

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:05 pm

DM Watchtower wrote:Guldorand's expansion definitely happened long before the 70s. It was in the early 60s, very likely, and maybe even the late 50s.
This is correct. I know for fact the Forsworn moved in to the lumber mill (and had an orphanage therein) when they self-exiled themselves from LK in the late 60s.
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil

Qizzia

Post by Qizzia » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:20 pm

Mithreas wrote:
yellowcateyes wrote:
41 AR (Cleansing of Wharftown) The Wharftown Liberation Movement, led by Herial Ghalen, Magil Mahr, and Kathele Se'Lhane, gets sucess eradicating the Thayvyan from Wharftown.
This is likely an example of the EA author's bias as he played Se'Lhane. He also played all of Kathele's ancestors, as is obvious by the plentiful references to his characters' (and his characters' friends) activities in the early timeline. The "Cleansing of Wharftown" was a rather controversial event at the time as the attack killed many innocent bystanders without actually hurting any of the Thayvian leaders in charge.

I don't believe the Thayvians actually left Wharftown because of it.
This was the event that caused the Wharftown (NPC) guard to be comprised of women rather than men, because all the men died in the fight.

This event was lead by Mithreas and Watchtower. I remember, because I was there as "third DM". Wharftown was attacked from the East and the South, and I just had the minor role of trying to keep WT and Mith updated with what happened on the two fronts, and inside Wharftown.

I mean to remember that there where a whole lot of players there, and that the three mentionned PC's played a major role. Also, like Mith stated above, that the Ayin and gang left Wharftown because of it.

The word "cleansing", however, sounds biased to me, looking back at it.
Former DM

Yma23

Post by Yma23 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:28 pm

As I recall, at the time it was known as 'The Battle of Wharftown'. Maliel did a picture of it, which still exists now, as far as I know.

Maybe refer to it as that, instead?

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:40 pm

Seven Sons of Sin wrote: **I'd love it if a DEV could chime in at some point about this, because Earl Manfried (and Earl Montgomery by extension) are a real "wtf" in the history of northern Arelith. It's implied that the two Earls did not reside in Kohlingen because they paid taxes- they had separate estates. Was this before or after the arrival of Darius? Furthermore, were they perhaps descendants of the Duchy of Minmir (the pre-Myon)?
From an IG book, written by one of my characters, who researched it IG (Forlindel was one of the sources - sadly he is no longer with us). This was written before the FL server was developed, and obviously was one of the sources we used in developing it.

---
A Brief History of Minmir and Myon

Where to begin? In history, all things are related. One beginning lies around nineteen thousand years ago, when in a mighty ritual of High Magic, our kindred enacted the Sundering. Evermeet was born of that event, but the mainland was shattered. The isle of Arelith was likely born that day, and thusly it may be thought of as a cousin to Evermeet.

Over the following millennia, our kindred yet lived on the mainland of Faerun. Yet as the ages passed, the promise of Evermeet grew stronger in our hearts, and a few, generally of the Green kindred, made the journey early. Yet most remained behind, in our homes in the Great Forest. Kingdoms rose and fell: Keltormir, Arcorar, Cormanthyr. And a few begun to prepare for the day when those kingdoms would be gone, and Evermeet would become chief among our homelands.

The date of Myon's first founding is lost to the ages. The evidence we have places the founding around four centuries before the fall of Cormanthyr, or around a thousand years ago. What is known is that four High Mages, whose names are lost to us, were part of the founding expedition, and it is they who gave their lives to the creation of the Mythal. Its sentience is all that remains of the spirit of the Center of the four, and it is that High Mage who yet wards us to this day.

Myon's original purpose was likely as a staging post for the eventual Retreat. But when the Retreat came upon us in the last century, the forerunners who returned to Arelith knew nothing of Myon. Instead, they settled in the city of Minmir to the north. Humans lived on the isle as well, with the city of Cordor (then as now) their largest hub. Where Cordor was a city dominated by humanity, with a few of other races, so was Minmir for our kindred. In it, many took respite before crossing the Trackless Sea, and others chose to remain, living alongside other races in our island home.

It was explorers from Minmir who rediscovered Myon, passing in wonder through the Mythal and gazing upon the beautiful yet ruined settlement within. What ill befell Myon is unknown; our only link to those events retains too little sentience to offer discourse on such matters. Of course, the isle holds many dangers, but it is oft assumed by those of the Fair City that the Mythal will protect us from all ills. Clearly, once in the past, it was not.

Settlement of Myon, however, did not occur immediately. Minmir yet thrived, and a council of our people led it wisely and well. Until their trust was betrayed by a human advisor in the Minmir court, by the name of Manfried. An Elf-friend and trusted counselor, he fell to the lure of dark, necromantic magic. Subtle at first, the taint of his magic spread through Minmir while all frantically sought the source, hidden all the while behind the trusting smile of a friend. When the betrayal was uncovered, the Council made the difficult decision to abandon Minmir - and the traitor - to their fate. Locking the Manor and its estate away in a field of stasis, they contained the corruption to those lands already tainted too far to heal. Time passes not within the Manor and its grounds, and the corruption contained within thus does not leech out to further taint the island.

The decision to abandon Minmir was made easier by the presence of Myon, explored but yet unsettled. The survivors of Minmir among our people migrated there en masse, with those of other races passing instead to Cordor, Guldorand or other villages. Initially, the Council of Minmir ruled Myon, but having come face to face with the wickedness of the East, all departed for Evermeet within a few years. Elren, a cousin by marriage of Queen Amlaruil, was appointed from Evermeet as Steward of Myon, and upon his return to the island, his knight and brother in law Vestool (married to Elren's sister Camiwneg) took up the reins of rule.

The third Steward of Myon, and the last to rule as proxy for Evermeet's Queen, was Lord Rarylduil Siannodel, also known as Forlindel. The end of his rule came about amid a greater desire of the kindred of Myon for independence from Evermeet's rule, however distant, and when Wren Geltafer succeeded him as Steward, she and her husband Trintiren Elraiendel adopted the titles Queen and King of Myon by acclamation. Myon has remained a monarchy since.

With thanks to Lord Siannodel for sharing stories of the past.
-Snowflake, historian and arcanist

DM Watchtower

Post by DM Watchtower » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:53 pm

Qizzia wrote:This event was lead by Mithreas and Watchtower. I remember, because I was there as "third DM". Wharftown was attacked from the East and the South, and I just had the minor role of trying to keep WT and Mith updated with what happened on the two fronts, and inside Wharftown.

I mean to remember that there where a whole lot of players there, and that the three mentionned PC's played a major role. Also, like Mith stated above, that the Ayin and gang left Wharftown because of it.

The word "cleansing", however, sounds biased to me, looking back at it.
Qizzia is spot on. Herial and Kathele led a force that attacked Wharftown as a result of Kathele's anti-Ayin propaganda. They assumed that basically they could walk in, kill Ayin's people, and take over. Mith, Qizzia and I gave them a resistance in the form of Wharftown's guards.

As I recall, the battle started when Herial stealthed in and assassinated Ayin. Battle broke out, and Kathele's forces systematically destroyed all of Wharftown's defenses. Ayin and company were booted from Wharftown as a result, and as Mith stated, Wharftown's guards have been female ever since (as their husbands were all killed). I can tell you that IC, nobody called it the "Cleansing". It was a bloodbath and even those who did the attacking expressed regret at what had just happened.

This happened during Sadamara's rule in Bendir, though I don't recall precisely how those dates line up. I just know it was happening during the Bendir drama.

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by yellowcateyes » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:05 pm

Good to have clarification on it! The event happened when I was not actively playing, but I did hear about it afterwards in terms of how many citizens and defenders of Wharftown died in what was ostensibly just an attack on the Thayvian government. The entry seemed fairly suspect to me as a result, since the EA author's bias is well-known. "Cleansing" does seem to be a heavily slanted term, especially given what happened.
Dinosaur Space Program is my working partner on Arelith-related projects. If my inbox is full or I take a while to get back to you, feel free to PM them questions or concerns.

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:27 pm

The Man of the Moon wrote: 13 AR Bendir vs. Stonehold Wars. Bendir decisively lost and the Banites took scores of hin slaves. (Later, those slaves were massacred in an atrocity where they were forced to dig pits before being forced into those pits and buried/burned alive)
The following account was recorded in around 50AR, covering this time.

Code: Select all

The words of former Mayor of Bendir, Lincoln Ambliss, recorded by Aramentia Sendia.
~~~
Scribe's Foreword:  Lincoln's account is occasionally contradictory, where he tries to downplay his own valour and prowess.  Despite this, he was keen that the histories record the darkness as well as the light of Bendir's past.
-A
~~~
It all began with Maliss, he was Mayor of Bendir with Perirry as Captain.  Now Perriry Bare, he was more important, in the history of everything.  He, Maliss and Belrun were real close.  Back then, the biggest trouble Bendir had was with the Drow.  And I mean bad trouble.  I worked under Perirry as a guard, only Maliss the daft sod that he was gave comfort to a Drow fleeing Udos, and by way of repaying him for that they took Perirry.  He was down there years, he escaped but was never the same.  He'd work with the Drow killing and taking those of Bendir.  Went native, I reckon.  I used to go down there and meet with him, bring him supplies.  Try to wake him from that bloody awful dream.

Still, it affected Maliss something bad, his wedding was coming up and he wasn't the happy fellow he should have been.  Up here the Banites were strong, and still based out of the old fort around Wharftown way.  Well, see, the Banites got it into their head to blockade one of the portals near Cordor, back then everyone travelled that way.  And even though the conflict had little to do with Bendir, Maliss didn't take too kindly to getting stopped while about his business.  Being pushed around and all.  He fought back, and fought back strong.  Dealing with Perirry was bad enough, but with his wedding only weeks away everything changed.  The Banites clean forgot about their war with Cordor and turned on us.

I'd just been appointed Captain, but only because there was no other choice.  Maliss never really liked me any.  Skirmishes and threats followed.  Old Maliss even got some sappers and tried to seal the Banite fort with them inside it.  Well, that didn't work out, which I told him it wouldn't.  Only rumour was that the Banites had some treaty with a dragon, an undead dragon and a strong one.  Well, we saw that for ourselves when they attacked.  Sky was red above Bendir that day.  Countless soldiers of Bane, those of Bendir didn't have a chance.  It was a bloodbath.  Worst battle I ever saw.

Thing was, no-one came to aid us; those of the Light Keep were there but they didn't lift a finger.  They just watched, staying neutral because of some treaty they had; see, there was a power struggle there, and the one ruling was working with the bastards.  Still, hin were dying all around, and I was fighting for my worth, but no sooner did I shout an order than the feller I was shouting to got cut down.

Then Beldun arrived with the Dwarves, and they -did- fight.  Whatever trouble you may have with Dwarves, remember that when doom came to Bendir they were the only ones on this whole isle that fought for us.  Didn't do much good, though.  None of us could even scratch that dragon, and Ryan was no pushover either.

One by one, all our people fell.  The svirfneblin, Maliss, King Belrun; I was only still fighting because they didn't think me so great a threat, and were focusing most of their forces elsewhere.  Well, I landed a blow on one of the Keepers for just standing around and gaping then got out of there sharpish.  Reckon I were the only one that got out alive.  Ryan's second, a banite Dwarf named Zach was mad as the hells.  He hated me, and had been trying to get even with me for some time.  It maddened him that I got away.  He was looking forward to torturing me like he did the others.

Anyway, Bendir was occupied, for weeks.  I hid out in the forest, being hunted every step of the way.  I did what I could, fought back, rounded up hin lucky enough not to be there but there weren't much I could do while that dragon was there.  They chained Belrun, Maliss and the rest on the hill just inside the gate.  Did some awful things to them, made them watch when they did stuff worse to their people.  The worst kind of torture.  In the end they rounded up about half of the populace, and ferried them away to gods knew where with that dragon.  Maliss went barking mad, couldn't cope with what he saw, blamed himself.  Bendir was empty and without a leader.  Folks looked to me.  And elsewhere the trouble at the Keep was fixed and a new ruler took the fight to the Banites.  Together with an army of Celestials we set out to destroy their fortress once and for all.  And destroyed it was.

Only the story doesn't end there.  Not by a long chalk.  See, some months later I get a summons.  Benites gathering in the forest and asking for the Mayor of Bendir.  So I go along, right, thing with Banites is that they don't play tricks, at least not tricks like that.  To lie is Cyricism.  Banites hate Cyricists.  When I arrive there's dozens of them in a clearing, and a huge pit in the forest floor.  With a click of one of their fingers it lights up like a torch, and they start ferrying out the captives they took from the occupation. I stood there, watching as they threw them in; they weren't dead, mind, these were living hin, our guards and families.  They were clambering for shelter that... that wasn't there, reaching out to me as their flesh burnt away before my eyes.  All around me the Banites were laughing, just waiting for me to try and stop them.  They were there to kill me.  Only they needed a reason, they couldn't do it without one.  Still, after what I saw that day I knew I'd never do anything but fight them.  I went back to Bendir and evacuated the place.  All those not willing to fight were sent to Cordor, and we began the second war with Stonehold.

See, they'd used our people to build a new fortress, promised them their freedom if they did as they were told, course all they gave them in the end was an ugly death.  We fought, we did pretty good too, see without a fort for them to occupy we could fight the way I like to, taking them by surprise, hitting them hard and fast.  Only not all the hin had their minds on the task.  There was this silver-tongued harpy among us, she left to lead the Grove, and she did all she could to bring as many hin from Bendir with her.  She used to spend many a happy evening with the Banites, and allied Heartwood to them.  They even summoned me there for 'peace negotiations'.  I told them to stick their negotiations where the sun don't shine.  Well, I and my people kept fighting, but there were so few of us.  The tide of opinion on this isle was with Heartwood, Dacey and the Banites.

After a few weeks of fighting, every lily-livered cretin on this isle was demanding peace, and the Banites complaining that we weren't fighting fair.  See, their idea of fair is to have you halt where they can see you and to attack with superior numbers.  Either I was going to have to give up my position or make peace with the Banites, that was made more than clear.

Well, I didn't trust anyone else to get the right deal, so reluctantly entered the negotiations.  I did what everyone was asking for and resigned leadership as soon as it was done.  Worst thing I ever did, another ugly chapter of the glorious history of this isle.  Everyone rolled over for them, just as is happening again now.  I saw Stregio left; you know it was me that hired him?  After those first attacks, to see it couldn't happen so easily ever again.  He knows the history as well as myself, ain't no surprise he upped sticks.  I met with Drum too since I got back.  He's  no more keen on what he's hearing of Bendir in Soulhaven than Stregio.  Still, like I said before, the older generation can't go telling the younger the error of its ways.  Neither me, Stregio nor Drum will lift a finger against your Queen.
35 AR Seize of Gambler's Bluff. A huge army of united drow and outcasts seized for almost a week the Gambler's Bluff at the East Coast of Arelith. From the base, they underdark coallition attacked Fort Bendir, making several raids against the unprepared surfacers, taking several prisoners, and spreading terror and fear on the surface to return after a sucesful campaign before the surface organized a decent counterattack.
Somewhere around here was the Battle of Two Dragons. Skeflock was ruling Urblexis and Biad was ruling Bendir. Aramentia's account is as follows.

I don't think the Seizure of Gambler's Bluff led to an attack on Bendir - I think they were two separate events. As I recall, Cordorian-led forces laid siege to the fort pretty quickly and reclaimed it - but I don't remember whether the Battle of Two Dragons happened before or after. Irongron? Anyone?

Code: Select all

In the thirty fifth year by Arelith-reckoning, while Biad Scheppen was Captain of the Hawk'ins and leader in the Dale, the forces of Urblexis Grond staged a series of raids on the surface lands.  A mighty army menaced Wharftown, and we in Bendir, knowing of the emnity that the Tyrant of Urblexis, the svirfneblin Skeflock, held for the Dalelands, feared that we would be next.  When information reached us of a planned attack, we sought to learn more.

After much discussion, I prepared myself and went down deep below the earth, to a trade post near to Urblexis.  Securing an audience with the Tyrant at the second attempt, I sought to deceive him into giving away details of his plans.  He was not fooled, however, and the meeting was a trap: his lieutenants moved in to encircle me, and it was only thanks to careful preparations that I was able to flee back to the surface, a few paces ahead of their spells and swords.

They followed, and their angry force charged through the minotaur-infested hills to the gate of the fort, where the defenders of Bendir stood ready and alert, waiting to hear of my mission.  I returned scant moments ahead of them, and we barely had time to close the gates before they arrived.  After some time spent sending undead against us, and frustrated by our readied defences, they eventually withdrew to the rise before the fort.  Unsure, we watched to see what would happen, and as the Tyrant and his kobold mages gathered in a ritual our own mages readied to counter whatever thaumaturgy the forces of darkness could summon.

Even prepared as we were, the result of their ritual took us aback.  A mighty dragon of bone arose from the earth, shaking the ground beneath our feet as it spread its wings and roared a challenge.  Biad was ready, however, and countered the great beast with a calling of his own, a great prismatic dragon that flew down from the sky to our aid.  Over the gates of Bendir the two beasts wrestled in the air, gouts of flame and magic wreathing both forms as they tussled.  The fight was inconclusive, but Biad's ally had done enough, and prevented the bone dragon from breaching our defences.  Seeing that there was no way in, the forces of darkness fled back to their hole.
46-50 AR. Reign of Sadamara, Queen of Bendir.
Some more detailed dates around here.

50AR - murder of Arlan Swordhill
50AR - Mage Fair, organized by Shaalira.

50AR - Aramentia Sendia replaces Sadamara as Bendir's leader, adopting the older title of Mayor
51AR - An unholy mist shrouds the isle, with undead sprouting everywhere. The paladins of Light Keep lead the efforts to dispel the strange evil, and after some days, they are successful, piercing the undead lines with allies from Cordor and Bendir to deal with the source of the evil, deep within Minmir.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:35 pm

Thank you Mithreas. All updated (the grammar could not be good, but since this is a draft, we can anytime correct typos and fix grammar as any wrong entry)
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by yellowcateyes » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:05 pm

Mithreas wrote:50AR - Mage Fair, organized by Shaalira.
Shäalira the Younger actually organized a trio of competitions, though her mage fair is probably the best remembered. The festival of events were divided into three: a set of arena matches featuring both warded and unwarded fights, the mage fair featuring both magic shows and regulated 'duels' between spellcasters, and a poetry / storytelling competition that was hosted in the Rosewind.

She commissioned Sandrhir Leonas (sp?) to sculpt statues of the winners of the competitions. For some reason, only the statue of the arena competition survived. It's still on display in the Cordor Arena - you can get the exact date from it, since Sandrhir enscribed it.

She also did that trio of events (at least) twice. I think the arena statue dates from the first event.

(The mage dueling was particularly memorable in the first event since Ayin Mesmer lost a key match due to getting mauled by a panther familiar.)
Dinosaur Space Program is my working partner on Arelith-related projects. If my inbox is full or I take a while to get back to you, feel free to PM them questions or concerns.

Kuma
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Kuma » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:14 pm

yellowcateyes wrote:(The mage dueling was particularly memorable in the first event since Ayin Mesmer lost a key match due to getting mauled by a panther familiar.)
Which I contested as being against the spirit of the rules of that round, but nobody listened. That frigging panther.

I did however beat Enserric, an Evoker, in a round he should absolutely have won by firing off max'd chain lightnings at his face every time he tried to cast his max'd IGMSs at me, forcing him to fail Concentration checks vs. IGMS which may have caused him to succeed. Spell variety, people.
Mithreas wrote:This was the event that caused the Wharftown (NPC) guard to be comprised of women rather than men, because all the men died in the fight.

It did, though largely because we were so OOCly discouarged by how the entire thing was handled, more than their 'success' at 'liberating' a non-hostile-occoupied settlement.

EDIT: As for the moving of the Tower, that was an event I wrote utter fiction for since the place moved without a single word of DM intervention.

If you actually went back and asked people at the time how the Arcane Tower moved to its current position, the general concensus - and ergo; canon - is that Ayin got drunk and the Tower moved.

House Freth: Reference Information
House Claddath: Reference Information
"What's a heretic?": a guide to religious schism terminology

Irongron wrote:

4. No full screen images of the NWN gnome model (might frighten the children)

Yma23

Post by Yma23 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:44 pm

Kuma is telling the truth there, it was the widely percived reason why it got moved. Suggestion - In that bit maybe a line like. "Rumour was wildly circulated that the reason for the towers relcation was that the then Archmage, Ayin Mesmer, 'got drunk.' The varacity of this rumour has never been confirmed.'

Marsi

Post by Marsi » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:48 pm

kathele = the notorious chris waher, right?

Why should the great bell of Beaulieu toll when the shadows were neither short nor long?

Kuma
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Kuma » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:18 am

Marsi wrote:kathele = the notorious chris waher, right?
yap

Irongron wrote:

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by yellowcateyes » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:25 am

Kuma wrote:That frigging panther.
I knew mentioning it would drag you out of the woodwork.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:58 am

All fixed I think.

I renamed the "Cleansing of Wharftown" as the "Bloodbath of Wharftown" more colourist than just battle and a better reference to the carnage there made.
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

Realoms

Post by Realoms » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:35 am

The Fall of Giovanni- Positive that this refers to Cameo not Simone. Cateyes filled in the rest here

Some other UD affecting things off the top of my head at the moment:

Stonehold-Drow war was an exceedingly dull affair from all accounts, and Ryan Valtheran was married to Lana Dria'fiend and the daughter was Liriel.

Gates were added to Udos and Portal was removed (or moved further away?) in 07?

In 07-08, Flux'sin d'Aerth made a prolific shift in the UD by becoming the Valsharess (Queen) of Udos, and at least had all three matrons bend the knee to her- then 5% rolled not too long after.

Late 08 I think, or 09 possibly- Norf took a break for a bit and Quilztra Xymox came in and said she was First Matron on a message board, without a lot of backing from even House Xymox- causing factitious rifts throughout Udos. This led to many deaths upon Norf (Oblodra's) return in the organised destruction of the new group with the name Xymox (most originals had left by this point).

The Kradbuch? (Cradfoot?)- a bunch of wanker svirfneblins that farmed and killed anything that wasn't agreeable irrespective of considerations of others. Started the Udos-Bligdenstone Hold war along with Zabarra in 2010 (or 09?)

Somewhere in 2010 (June?)- Nives killed Oblodra and made herself First Matron. You can look for that yourself, I'm going to adopt a similar policy to Kuma and not glorify people who repeatedly PvP'd and hassled the Proverbial out of anyone they didn't like.

2012(?)- Hlathrae come in, had some fun and became dominant, then got banned. (No glorification, no details known.)

Kuma
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Kuma » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:11 pm

The Kradbuch? (Cradfoot?)- a bunch of wanker svirfneblins that farmed and killed anything that wasn't agreeable irrespective of considerations of others. Started the Udos-Bligdenstone Hold war along with Zabarra in 2010 (or 09?)
Nah, this was The Kradbunch Tolls, not the Cradfoot Trolls - I know, it's way too similar. Krad refers to Krad Saikoro, someone that doxxed me on the forums and was a massive prick of the highest order. Got banned eventually. I don't really want either Krad OR the Cradfoots in the history, considering both were kind of assholes from what I hear of the latter. Ruined svirfs for a long time, 'til Cuchi came in.
Somewhere in 2010 (June?)- Nives killed Oblodra and made herself First Matron. You can look for that yourself, I'm going to adopt a similar policy to Kuma and not glorify people who repeatedly PvP'd and hassled the Proverbial out of anyone they didn't like.
Eh, Nives never got banned though did make some Interesting Statuary one time. I mean we glorify Valtheran and he got banned though for some pretty specious reasons, and his thing was "bloodthirsty, just suave as hell while doing it". I think we can keep Nives in.
2012(?)- Hlathrae come in, had some fun and became dominant, then got banned. (No glorification, no details known.)
Nah they got banned on their next bunch of chars; also, this is when Auvryviir basically created a tyrancy through the -factions system that nobody knew about. We vanished before we could really put it to great use though.

Irongron wrote:

Seven Sons of Sin

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:24 pm

It sounds like there's a lot of historic people who got banned.

I'm all for not glorifying the nefarious, but I think this is a real problem considering some of the most influential players/characters were rule breakers.

Rewriting the past is concerning- but are we rewriting or editing the bias of Chris Waher? I'm concerned about leaving stuff out.

Nothing should be left out, but merely written from a different perspective. Take the bias of Oblodra and make Nives' seem heinous, for example.

A lot of these got banned way too late, imo.
Previous:

Marsi

Post by Marsi » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:37 pm

we're just creating a timeline for the EA, right? The actual content can be filled in by players, IG, when the system goes live, from what I know, where they can glorify what they choose.

Renaming events/periods so it takes the focus off players who don't deserve it would be great, though.

Why should the great bell of Beaulieu toll when the shadows were neither short nor long?

The Pretty Prince of Parties

Re: The Chronology of Arelith

Post by The Pretty Prince of Parties » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:25 pm

Kuma wrote: 07-Oct 28AR Myon-Brogendenstein War (we need more of these; also what)

I remember this. It began when a highly arrogant Sun Elven official (Inara Serra) went to Brogendenstein and began insulting the dwarven leadership (I believe it was because she demanded they give her more respect, simply because she was an elf, than they afford to their current Regent.) The dwarves, renowned for being a prickly sort, declared war.

The entire thing lasted MAYBE a single RL week, and was basically just a lot of tension between non-affiliated dwarves and elves, with maybe 1-2 small skirmishes and a bloodless dwarven siege of Myon that lasted barely a few hours. Things got more heated INSIDE of Myon than between Myon and Brog (there was a lot of argument over whether half-elves were worthy/trustworthy/capable of serving Myon should it be needed.) It ended when Trintiren finally realized something was happening, and went to talk to the dwarves.

Yma23

Post by Yma23 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:03 pm

Feel free to nix this idea, but maybe when it says 'Benwick vassals to Guldorand.' For accuracy, it should say 'The rogue captain of Benwick, Thomas Miller, vassaled Benwick to Guldorand.'

Or just 'Benwick's Knight captain vassals the settlment to Guldorand'

Because really, it was just Thomas going behind everyone's back and doing this, seems a little unfair to insinuate that Light Keep, as awhole, agreed to this.

It is, however, a tiny nitpick and thus feel utterly free to ignore it. It does kinda name/infamze one of my characters after all, so... I kinda feel guilty about suggesting this.

Huh.

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by yellowcateyes » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:00 pm

In the spirit of not glorifying sketchy behavior, it's probably best to keep vague the events surrounding the destruction of Light Keep.