Couple ideas for RP.

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Jencent

Couple ideas for RP.

Post by Jencent » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:13 am

Hello, i have some ideas for RP things!
1) Console command to silence your character. You can't cast spells, talk or use voice through (V). You can cast spells with feat "Silent spell".

I realy wanna to play a character which can't speak, can't talk, can't do anything they want...

2) -Disease. This command set your charater into "Disease" statuse, which you can't resist or dispell, till you type -Dispell Disease in chat.
This statuse works like a standart disease, but with one exception, this disease have no duration and you can cure this only with console command.
Characters Status:
Jencent b'Ack - Got lost in the shadow plane & Died by unknown disease..
Angwil Bronzehand - Kickin and Screaming & Alive.
Waiting for Skeletons as playable race.
DM Butterfly wrote:You're an abomination of nature and balance

Artenides

Re: Couple ideas for RP.

Post by Artenides » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:28 am

Your first suggestion can be easily achieved without any development involved. If you would like to RP a character that can't speak or use voice, you simply don't use those options and emote everything. You can also take the silent spell feat, I think one feat investment for RP purposes is not big of a sacrifice.

The second suggestion falls into the same category, if you would like to RP a character that is diseased, you simply do it. Normally debuffs are only visible to you, so I wouldn't spend valuable dev time on something that can already be done.
--
Plays as: [No active char atm]
"I am a software developer and a DnD nerd. That means I am equally qualified to deal with bugs and bugbears!"