Move Settlements to Cordor Server, (cont. within).

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Jack Oat

Move Settlements to Cordor Server, (cont. within).

Post by Jack Oat » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:01 am

So after a few lag-tastic sessions trying to explore the Surface part of the Isle, I've come up with an idea that may help mitigate the lag:

Move all the settlement areas (Wharftown, Guldorand, Cordor, Burrowhome, Brogendenstein, Myon) to the Cordor server

Move Bramble Woods/Outskirts to Surface server.

In other words, a 'settlements' server and an 'outside' server. This way, if there's a large group in Wharftown doing some manner of meeting or what not, they aren't lagging the heck outta the poor group of 3-4 people trying to adventure abroad.

If there's a reason this can't be done, please let me know! I know the server transitions would be far more than currently, but still, it'd definitely help with the adventuring lag, and maybe even get people off/out of streets when there's high lag.

"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

Garrbear wrote:

quite bluntly we can't balance the server around people who don't play well

Irongron wrote:

My main takeaway from this is that Jack is apparently personable

Artos13
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Move Settlements to Cordor Server, (cont. within).

Post by Artos13 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:15 pm

I'd rather see if the lag was indeed coming from groups in settlements, or something else, like a rogue script that is cycling too much. It would take diagnostic powers though that I don't possess. :(