Rat boat addition

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Twily
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Rat boat addition

Post by Twily » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:04 pm

I'd love to see some sort of addition to the rat boats. As it is now they're very inefficient and quite underwhelming. In addition to that, I see people practically camping them for over an hour on end as they try to get xp for that first level (Sorcerers and multiclass builds can have huge power leaps from level 3 to 4, which can then enable going in the forest). The idea is to encourage small groups(or rather, pairing) in these areas as well as slightly increase the reward gained for those who do.

Idea: A hidden trap door on one or both boats (one that approximately 10-15 search is required for) that is under crates in the storage area, that leads to the lowest level of the boat, where a "king rat" and a bunch of little rats can be found. The "king rat" should be just strong enough to take out most low level rogues, making it so a rogue + 1 other character can take it on. The area should remain weak enough that a full group isn't needed though, because sometimes a full group can't be found(and when one is made, they head to the forest or mines).

Artos13
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Rat boat addition

Post by Artos13 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:52 am

The rat boats are actually meant to be a solo option for new characters, and I wouldn't want to build it into a mini-dungeon. It's a great place to go if you are solo, and strangely a great place to meet other people (because of the linear layout), and then quickly go somewhere more exciting.