Fighter suggestion

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Griefmaker

Fighter suggestion

Post by Griefmaker » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:38 pm

There was another thread recently about making the armor better so that it is actually useful for fighter classes and will actually be made again.

I was actually thinking of the current fighter boon itself. I do dig the +1 enhancement ever 5 levels, but do agree that it is a real shame smiths and crafted armor is not very useful anymore.

Suggestion:

For every five levels of fighter they get the +1 enhancement for the weapons, as they do now. But instead of +1 enhancement to armors, give them 5% DI instead to all physical damage. This would stack with DI from armor as well, while still giving incentive and reason for the higher tier armors to be made and purchased.

This could be represented as a fighter growing more proficient in using his gear to actually take the blow instead of him.

Or if the AC could stack (which I believe it cannot due to it being like magic vestment and being a temp item property), then that would be lovely too.

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Fighter suggestion

Post by Mithreas » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:44 pm

Damage reduction is a barbarian thing rather than a fighter thing.
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.