Make Elves Human Height

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

RogueUnicorn

Make Elves Human Height

Post by RogueUnicorn » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:58 pm

In the 3E Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide, non-drow elves of Faerun are noted to be specifically tall and thin, and should use the human heights tables in the Players Handbook:

From the 3e Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide:

Further, in the Players Guide To Faerun book, 3.5E, they provide a table for randomly generating heights of all races. In bold, I have calculated the average height:

As you can see, elves are on average the same heights as most humans, except for those human races known for being tall such as Illuskans and Chondathans. HOWEVER note that the maximum height of any human race is 6'6", and the maximum heights of elves is also 6'6". The tallest of elves are as tall as the tallest of Illuskans.

Too long have I seen elven characters with accurate descriptions of being 6 feet tall, but standing a head shorter than human models.

Drow are still shorties.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Make Elves Human Height

Post by MalKalz » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:52 pm

Pretty sure Aniel shrunk Elves, and then fixed Elves.

I believe the height given now is where its going to stay.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.