Favored Soul Extra Language

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

skellyboi
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Favored Soul Extra Language

Post by skellyboi » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:43 pm

I'd suggest changing this to either a % immunity, or raising it above 5/-, which is something that can be gained through a (relatively) inexpensive permanent essence, and makes this particular feature of the class useless.

It also might be nice to, similar to the shaman suggestion from a few days ago, have an additional language granted, or some other RP cookie for the class beyond simply being a spontaneous divine caster. And, I believe gear was being added, but currently both Favored Soul and Shaman lack the ability to use any of the custom staves. A simple and quick fix might be to add Shaman to the druid staves as a class that can access them, and Favored Soul to the cleric staves.

Thanks for reading!

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Favored Soul Energy Resistance

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:18 pm

I'm going to agree to this - Especialy the language. Giving them say, a planar language in tune with their alignment would make a lot of sense.

ADDENDUM
`Regarding the complaint about Resist Energy being superfluous, due to defensive essence, the two stack, so it allows Favored Souls to get 10/- resistance to elements.`
- Rambling Midgit

I'm going to rename this suggestion however to extra planar language, as that idea is still solid.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

DM Snowcat

Re: Favored Soul Extra Language

Post by DM Snowcat » Mon May 31, 2021 8:02 pm

Cat has developed you languages. Rejoice.
"Just want to remind everyone when talking about anything involving DM workload as if it's an easy thing, we have 153 players per dm." - Garrbear
[When Arelith goes down, only one Hero remains] Artistic Rendition (By LavaCookies)

garrbear758

Re: Favored Soul Extra Language

Post by garrbear758 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:53 pm

Moved to rejected following further team discussion (and me throwing a fit about it.)
You've done it [Garrbear], you've kicked the winemom nest. -Redacted