Grant Pure Monk a Bonus Feat at Level 28

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Archnon

Grant Pure Monk a Bonus Feat at Level 28

Post by Archnon » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:50 pm

So this got moved to feedback and dropped: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=30132&hilit=Unarmed+love

I wanted to bring it back over here. There was some positive and negative response but in reality most people aren;t concerned because most people don't play unarmed because it is tough to gear (especially with the monk nerf) and tough to build because of the feat tax.To make my argument clear...

-Most base melee classes have access to a +5 weapon from going pure including Rogue (level 24), Ranger (level 26), Paladin (level 26), Hexblade (level 25) , and Fighter (Level 25).
-Moreover, all of these classes get a +5 weapon while still getting access to a single dip.
-Monks have to spend 2 epic monk feats to get the same access, (You can't spend fighter or COT feats.)
-Of these Melee classes, monks get the least number of bonus epic feats. Just 2.
-Pure monks, ergo unarmed monks, are seriously feat taxed in this regard compared to other comparable melee builds.

So, I beseech you, either:
-Change monk epic feat progression to match paladin, so 23, 26, 29.
-Grant monks a bonus feat at level 28. ESF Discipline or EWF Unarmed make the most sense.

I think it would be more appropriate to grant ki strike 4 and 5 for free on schedule, ala fighter (level 25 and level 28). However, I respect that monk gets a lot of cookies already (not that any of the other melee classes don't) and this may make unarmed overpowered in some eyes. So I'm asking for something much less. Just something to lighten the load on the feat tax.

garrbear758

Re: Grant Pure Monk a Bonus Feat at Level 28

Post by garrbear758 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:55 pm

Approved for adding a bonus feat at 28.
You've done it [Garrbear], you've kicked the winemom nest. -Redacted