Divinity elemental combinations (a lot of work)

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

KeldonDonovans

Divinity elemental combinations (a lot of work)

Post by KeldonDonovans » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:09 pm

So I don't know if any of you have played any of the Divinity Original Sin games or not, but this idea comes from them, so I gotta give them credit.

Anywho, the idea is to have some semblance of interaction between elements. So if I toss a water spell at Joe Schmoe the bad guy, and then my buddy hits him with his electricity sword, that electricity does more damage. If a squig throws grease at me, I can step out, and toss a fireball at the grease spot to get rid of it by burning it away, but also maybe doing some extra fire damage (or making the save more difficult?) to those inside the oil when I light it up.

Obviously, there is a ton of possible combinations, implementing them all would likely be a lot of work. So I started a feedback thread here so that any willing members of the community could help come up with ideas. Obviously, if this idea gets rejected, said feedback thread should probably also get locked up. Anywho, that's it! Hope you like it, and as always, thanks for all you do!

garrbear758

Re: Divinity elemental combinations (a lot of work)

Post by garrbear758 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:41 pm

While a cool idea, NWN is really not built to implement something like this, and while theoretically possible, it would tie up most of the team for a long time. Denied.
You've done it [Garrbear], you've kicked the winemom nest. -Redacted