More UD Settlements

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Apothys
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

More UD Settlements

Post by Apothys » Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:36 pm

Hi,

Its been discussed before generally however id like to suggest we have some new Underdark settlements added like the surface has. Some place away from Andunor.

The main reason for this is variety, the Underdark is a great place and being confined to one city can be a little dismaying, especially when the status quo of the entire city may mean that certain groups or players are unwelcome due to in game events. Having the ability to relocate and encounter some new rp in fresh suroundings and political climate would be great. Add to this the rp this would generate as a new settlement arises not controlled by Andunor.

I understand this is a big suggestion, but i would not forgive myself for not making the suggestion while I have the chance.

Thanks for reading.

Talandis Tanor'Thal
Kalnafein Cress'delbarra
Tanis Thade
Merklynn Steelshadow II
Gulmyr Dro'Vaalvaz
Aerik Northman

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: More UD Settlements

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:00 am

Rejected. Irongron has said many times before he doesn't want more settlments in the UD. Unless that's changed this won't be happening.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)