New Spell / Grenade: Glitterdust

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Choofed

New Spell / Grenade: Glitterdust

Post by Choofed » Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:13 am

Foreword:

So we've all had that situation before where youv'e watched someone corner sneak on about the single dumbest object, a stone somewhere, the likes. And given the terrain, they keep doing it on the same rock and the likes. You can't knock them out of it - and true sight only works in line of sight and lasts 6 seconds for you.

The fight can get silly. You're stuck in a situation where you're repeatedly demanded to true sight the exact same corner and they keep using it. You know they're there, everyone does, it's not really hiding it's just pure mechanics at that point. This suggestion addresses that, with a little inspiration from the pathfinder spell of the same time.

Glitterdust
Spell Level(s): Elementalist 4, Hemomancer 4, Spellsword 4, Sorcerer 4, Warlock 4, Wizard 4, Bard 3
Innate Level: 3
School: Transmutation
Descriptor(s): None
Component(s): Verbal, Somatic
Range: Medium (20 meters)
Area of Effect / Target: Huge (6.67 meters radius)
Duration: 3 Rounds
Additional Counter Spells: None
Save(s): None
Spell Resistance: No

Description: Glitterdust creates a thin fog of fine and annoying glitter that clings to anyone who gets in it and illuminating them. Creatures entering the spell suffer an immediate -60 to their hide skill while inside the area of effect.

This spell has a 18 second cooldown.

----

I additionally propose a alchemical consumable grenade is made, utalising gem dusts, to produce this spell. Same cooldown applies.

The 18 second timer is to intentionally make sure you can only lock down that one damn rock, and not just carpet an area.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: New Spell / Grenade: Glitterdust

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:30 pm

Rejected due to scope of change.

This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)