Some few alterations on Dust of Dissappearance.

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

jubisloviu

Some few alterations on Dust of Dissappearance.

Post by jubisloviu » Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:14 am

This suggestion is mostly to propose some buffs to this item in particular.

Dust of Dissappearance is a consumable that grants users a 7 rounds improved invisibility effect, and a 7 minutes concealment effect from improved invisibility, for purely mundane characters that have to rely on potions and scrolls as they have no UMD access this is one of the few ways to acquire concealment, wich is a very important ward for both pve and pvp purposes.
And when you compare the crafting points cost (60 crafting points to craft a batch of them), the price of the dust of dissapperance being sold on NPC vendors, wich can go to ranges up to even over 1300g for a single use of them against simply being able to use a wand of improved invisibility (wich averages at usually 160g per cast of the ward), you can notice there's some sort of huge disparity in here.

For quality of life sake, it would be nice if the crafting point cost of the dust of dissapperance got reduced to 20 (from 60) and it's prices on NPC vendors modified to some extent.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Some few alterations on Dust of Dissappearance.

Post by The GrumpyCat » Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:31 pm

Kalopsia seems to think this is balenced, so moving to rejected.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)