Wooden Training Weapons

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

McPunchins

Wooden Training Weapons

Post by McPunchins » Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:49 am

For RP it would be neat if Carpenters could make wooden versions of weapons that have the "No Damage" property and whatever else is needed to make them do 0 damage to things they hit or make them do 1 magic damage. That way groups of players with more martial builds can gather and "Train" in an RP setting. Like the Cordor Guard for example could gather the new recruits and do some light sparring.

Active

Grofbog -- Duergar Smith

Retired

Evelyn Windlily -- Hin Tinker
Lyri Rofik -- Paladin of Arvoreen
Sledge -- Thane of the Anvilsworn
Vespertine -- Mute Hin
Reivja -- Uthgardt Shaman

Discord: @McPunchins

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Wooden Training Weapons

Post by The GrumpyCat » Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:04 pm

I hate to say it, but this is rather nieche. We've got Merchants where you can buy such weapons scattered about the server - or even places you can just pick them up! It's a neat idea but not worth the crafting bloat. Rejected.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)