Complex Experimental Device Change

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

AnselHoenheim
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Complex Experimental Device Change

Post by AnselHoenheim » Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:37 am

I'd like to see a change in the complex experimental device feat from Vigilante, considering it is already a heavy investment spending two feats in this particular idea of using grenades, (There is no cause that gives simple experimental device feat for free after all) that getting Complex experimental device instead of counting levels between rogue and vigilante, that the character would get access to all grenades instead without counting the levels, that will open a different kind of concept for players if their characters are going to use grenades without having to forcefully invest in rogue levels already.

PD: I believe for balance purposes they should not get the extra breach if they get all the grenades with this feat.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Complex Experimental Device Change

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:24 pm

Rejected.

This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)