Shaman/Monk Synergy

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Morgy
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Shaman/Monk Synergy

Post by Morgy » Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:23 pm

Hello!

I would like to suggest that as with other certain feats, Shaman would receive Uncanny Dodge from 12 effective monk levels.

The reasoning for this, is that it provides a legit alternative to strength-based shamans/monks, for those who wish to hit less hard but be more evasive. Currently, it's just quite ineffective to be a small monk/shaman, using strength as your main combat attribute.

Dexterity builds without Uncanny Dodge are hugely vulnerable when flat-footed, and the alternative shaman/barbarian build gets this feat at 2 barbarian class levels (despite being far less dexterity orientated than a monk build).

Thanks

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Shaman/Monk Synergy

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:26 pm

Rejected for balence reasons.

This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)