Let Runed Items Show the Tier of Rune Used

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Power Word, Haste

Let Runed Items Show the Tier of Rune Used

Post by Power Word, Haste » Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:25 pm

As the title says, allow items that have already had a rune applied show the tier of rune used. As it is now, a runed item will display this message:

https://imgur.com/a/i7pOe6o

My suggestion is to make it instead say "This object has been infused with a [Lesser/Greater/Masterwork] [Language] rune and may no longer be infused with additional runes."

This would help see the value of things at a glance, for example with some of the more uncommon or niche loot matrix items, they are never seen runed often or at all, and seeing the tier used would be useful information.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Let Runed Items Show the Tier of Rune Used

Post by The GrumpyCat » Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:30 pm

Not a bad idea, but not really worth the Devs time when we have assayers lenses, or otherwise just more knowledgable enchanters.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)