Additional Hot Bar

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

CHBanger

Additional Hot Bar

Post by CHBanger » Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:19 pm

Been trying to keep up with the suggestions. So, I apologize if this has already been brought up, but would it be possible to add an additional hot bar?

Playing as a spell caster with all the additional spells of not only vanilla NWN but the additions of Arelith, adding one more hot bar would make it far more manageable.

Maybe a NUI hot bar could be added right above the existing hot bar on screen? It wouldn't have any short cut keys, you'd have to click on the short cuts.

Not sure what the capabilities are of NUI, but some MMO's I've played over the years had numerous hot bars where you have a spinner to cycle through the hot bars.

Regards,
CHBanger

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: Additional Hot Bar

Post by Sincra » Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:44 pm

Entirely plausible but there's no way to drag drop to a NUI window that I am aware of, so would be far clunkier and potentially resource intensive to maintain.
Irongron wrote:I've literally never used -guard on anyone.

In Sorrow We Trust
Contributor
Contributor

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:34 pm

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:03 am

Workable but the next issue arises, NUI, until the next public patch, interrupts game context. So camera movement, keyboard input, etc, are all interrupted by moving the cursor over it.

This results in:
Movement being persisted as if that keyboard input was still occuring.
Mouse focus being lost.

This is fine for most NUI that don't involve combat but the second it does it becomes extremely clunky.
So I'm going to personally ere on the side of wait until the public patch before we even consider this.
Irongron wrote:I've literally never used -guard on anyone.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:58 pm

I'm going to deny this for now on the words of teh comments above. That being said, maybe revisit this in a few years time?

This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)