Paying off Assassin contracts should pay Assassins

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Topgeneral

Paying off Assassin contracts should pay Assassins

Post by Topgeneral » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:10 am

I, as well as a few other Assassin players have noticed that when some wealthy players have a contract placed on them, they are able to find out and pay it off almost immediately.

Instead of the gold disappearing into the void, when a contract is paid to the guild a portion of it should be evenly distributed to all active Assassin PC's. This could be considered a 'kick back' for having people be afraid of the guild enough to pay them off directly.

As it stands it is hard for an Assassin to make one or more attempts, especially against settlement leaders, before the bounty is paid off and they lose their chance to get paid.

Thank you!

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Paying off Assassin contracts should pay Assassins

Post by The GrumpyCat » Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:29 pm

My main concern with the above - at least as written - is that a) Muling issues may come into it and b) This is kinda meant to be a Gold Sink too, a way of getting gold out of the economy. In that way it's working as intended. So as written I will reject this.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)