Death Debuff

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

I Believe in What you Said

Death Debuff

Post by I Believe in What you Said » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:37 pm

I would like to suggest a reduction of the death debuff to a flat hour. 102+ minutes for a level 26 death seems wildly unfair for PVE situations. I understand that pvp is another story and we want all relevant information to expire over time, but given the newer pvp rules regarding death, and the 48 hour timeout, the Two hour lock out seems not only redundant, but extremely punishing.

I would like to at least suggest that the debuff get reduced down to an hour in the case of PVE, since that's stilll MORE than enough time for a scene to expire, regardless of most circumstances.

If the admins would like to keep the 2 hour 26+ debuff for PVP, that's fine. I know the game can identify the difference between dying in PVP and PVE (because of loss of EXP differences between the two, and godsaves.) So we already have the proprietary to make there be a clear difference in PVE and PVP death debuff timers.

As someone who's been on this server for many, many years, this has been something I've heard a lot of players talk about in direction. I think it would be nice to see players able to brush off a pve death faster than a 2 hour lock.

Memories are nice, but that's all they are.