Two thematic change suggestions

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Melchizedek14

Two thematic change suggestions

Post by Melchizedek14 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:59 am

Two suggestions to add some thematically appropriate flavor to the world (at least in my opinion).

1. Allow torches to be enchantable with the lore skill. Right now you can only re-enchant them with light. The idea is, it's a reading light for searching through bookcases or examining items. Plus most people completely ignore torches. Picture people putting away their shields or two handed weapons to pull out a torch to help them search through the bookshelves in the library. It just seems to fit, even if it's only a +1 Lore enchantment (but higher would be better).

2. Give the Drowned Undead stream the sailing skill. Higher UCL, higher skill. It doesn't make sense to me to see a bunch of pirate hat wearing undead running around with -4 sailing, while vampire lords at least have a 2. Plus, the idea of having PC ships crewed by pirate undead sounds cool to me. There's already ghost ship encounters with derelict ships full of undead. Let us get in on the fun too! Picture a fathomless depth pacted warlock or a priest of Umberlee sailing a ship crewed by 3 drowned. It just fits. [Edit per comment below] -Yes, but since summons can open doors and stuff, why not change that. Most have a near zero or negative sail score anyway, so only summoning pirate drowned would be beneficial.

Thanks for your consideration, one way or another.

Last edited by Melchizedek14 on Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

In Sorrow We Trust
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Two thematic change suggestions

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:37 am

Ship DCs don't count summons.

Vittoria Veleno
catch me if you can

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Two thematic change suggestions

Post by Kalopsia » Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:52 pm

Allowing the lore skill would also require us to enable all other skills on torches, most of which make a lot less sense.
Rejected, for this reason.