Hexblade should allow Arcane Archer

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

jomonog

Hexblade should allow Arcane Archer

Post by jomonog » Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:33 am

Hexblade is the only arcane casting class that does not qualify for arcane archer. This seems to be an oversight for no good balance or lore setting reason and so I suggest it be flagged as a qualifying class for AA.

If the mechnical concern is because its full bab then ranger is also full bab and also just better with its free archer feats and path that allows ranged damage.

If the lore concern is the "blade" in the name then why does spellsword for example work as a qualifier?

I think for consistency any arcane casting class, including hexblade or any future class which has an arcane spellbook, should work as a qualifying class for arcane archer within the current rules for that class.

And yes i also know that curse weapon etc all won't apply to ranged weapons (although i think hypocrisy was at some stage doing wierd stuff with all weapons including ranged iirc?) but perhaps in future there could be an archer option for hexblades anyway which would make this change have a more thematic sense.

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: Hexblade should allow Arcane Archer

Post by Sincra » Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:03 pm

Denied, future plans on balance conflict with this.

Irongron wrote:I've literally never used -guard on anyone.