Change to Class/Race limits:

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

quick hand movement

Change to Class/Race limits:

Post by quick hand movement » Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:08 pm

I think it would be beneficial if classes/races with a finite limit were to be viewed in a similar way to Guild Houses/Ships or any other limited resource on the server.

I'm not suggesting the removal of inactive characters holding these slots, but instead an adjustment to what exactly is considered an 'active' character. This could be based entirely on hours played in a month and/or RP interactions within that same month. Not simply whether they've logged in or not.

I know that even anecdotally when I’ve held a Major I've been discouraged putting the effort into an application because I've seen the same characters I know OOCly belong to these categories log in only once every few weeks and know there’s no hope I’d get accepted, per the wiki page that states that your request may be denied solely on those grounds - and I wouldn’t be surprised at all if others feel the same way.

The change to possessing quarters/quarter logging was added to stop players holding limited buildings/ships, and allow others a chance to create some RP with such. I don't see why character limits should be any different.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Change to Class/Race limits:

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:23 am

Currently the only things that are limited by number (unless I'm very, very much mistaken) are Vampires and and Rackshasa.

We've never come up against the limit for Rackshasa.

Vampires I'll admit are a problem.

This should be discussed properly at some point. I'm not going to say that the above isn't going to be the solution we implement, but I'm also not going to commit to it being the answer either.

So moving to rejected for now, even though there is a none zero chance of it coming to pass anyway.

This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)