Implementin anonymous scenes.

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Funwill

Implementin anonymous scenes.

Post by Funwill » Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:15 pm

Greets!

Just wonderin, shouldn't the disguise feature be allowed for our names, givin and encouragin the ability to set short desc, with our moods of the moment, rather than broadcastin our names to everybody?

All the more when that tend to atract attention more than disguise anythin, amongst a majority of nicknames...

And, don't know but i feel a bit ridiculous, introducin myself with my name above my head...

That would be much more immersive, havin to remember nicknames, and visualizin beings more than names. Nops?

EDIT. Not bein able to answer, i'll just precise my suggestion here: it would be about displayin short desc (*A relaxed elf* "An anxious gnome* and so on) in the stead of our names, to give our play a much more immersive ambient.

Last edited by Funwill on Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: Implementin anonymous scenes.

Post by Sincra » Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:52 pm

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to get across here.

Just to clarify a few points:
-disguise [name] lets you adjust your name.
If you mean for it to not include "" this presents issues of copying NPC's, and while I believe could serve some value in allowing you to copy another PC it is hard to say what abuse it could see.
If you mean to use your own name to mask your actual name, this is against the rules as it is not a substantive change.

Your name is not visible above your head to other characters, anyone that acts as if it is, is metagaming.
The name is there purely so you can recognise people you would know that are not attempting to hide who they are.

Irongron wrote:I've literally never used -guard on anyone.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Implementin anonymous scenes.

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:13 pm

This wouldn't work, as appart from anything else it would remove all identifiabliltiy and ergo all consequence from PvP - and make our lives as DM more difficult.

This is technically doable curretly via the disguise system, but is heavily frowned upon. ( No big deal if you're disguising in a hurry for some reason, and for short periods, but If you're doing any sort of long term disguising, please use an actual name or alias, not a descriptive phrase)

Rejected.

This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)