Andunor Slave Pit Arena

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Watchful Glare

Andunor Slave Pit Arena

Post by Watchful Glare » Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:18 pm

Make completion of the Andunor Slave Cage Arena award Evil points for completing fights in it. It is willingly murdering slaves for no goal other than profit. It's a bit jarring to see Paladins with the Cage Arena belt, as much as it is to see Good Aligned characters go down to murder slaves for the money and then pretend it never happened and never bring it up once.

Murdering slaves for profit might be the only mechanically clear case of an evil action able to be undertaken through setting alone. It's not compulsory.

Biz here was a constant subliminal hum, and death the accepted punishment for laziness, carelessness, lack of grace, the failure to heed the demands of an intricate protocol.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Andunor Slave Pit Arena

Post by The GrumpyCat » Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:16 am

We can't do this because it could be abused to make illegal builds - e.g. 'Paladin/Hexblade' or something equelly silly. This is why there are no forceful alignment change actions in the game, sadly it's just too open to abuse.

That said if you do definatly see actual Paladins do this, do let us know.

This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)