Delivery services

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Tabby
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Delivery services

Post by Tabby » Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:10 pm

Arelith UPS.
Though without delivery.

You want to craft a thing, or need to craft something and isnt able too, you found that one person that wants to create your so needed item. Everyone departs, you go venturing, slay som goblins then logs off.

Now in the meanwhile the Craftsman has completed you request, and now just need to find you. So he wait, and wait, checks OOC if the player is online, then send a hinmessenger, he might got note of the message, maybe not? He waits, wondering if he arrive, maybe he is knee deep in some adveture in the Abyss? And might not appear for an hour or two?

What if he could just deliver it at dropoff point, where his name is attached to it, so only he can pick it up. Now both the craftsman can do something else and the buyer can pick it up when he feels like it.

Could be the Hin messenger that has the feature. Or perhaps the Banker?

Dormant Character: Tabitha Fuzzypaw - Shelved, searching all corners for treasures and secrets.
Misty Scrollsinger - Still searching answers, but is now elsewhere

Rolled Character: Björn Njald - sailed on new adventures

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Delivery services

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:22 pm

Something like this is being discussed already, its possible though it would need to have an expense to it, because honestly meeting people face to face is always better for roleplay. Rejecting this for now, but mostly because as I said, something akin to this is already possibly in the works.

This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)