Sailing Storage

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Justaplayer

Sailing Storage

Post by Justaplayer » Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:41 am

I and I'm sure others play quite often during the downtimes where resets happen most often. I also tend to sail quite often. It can be a bit disheartening to see all the coin you've collected disappear in these moments.

Some rentals have some 'permanent' storage which does help with this. My suggestion is to give all rentals more of this 'permanent' storage. A chest for own gear (a big help that saves doing multiple trips back and forth each instance) with a 30 save amount and a chest/barrel/whatever for loot also with a 30 save amount.

A small quality of life adjustment where you will still lose things but makes it a bit easier in the 5 minute reset panic. With the bonus we don't have to RP all of our loot randomly disappearing to a 'storm' that appeared stole our loot and nothing else.

Edited to clarify rental ships.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Sailing Storage

Post by The GrumpyCat » Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:53 am

Rejected as with this very similar suggestion.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=40433&p=314043&hil ... ge#p314043

This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)