Vampire needs a little love.

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Tempedius
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Vampire needs a little love.

Post by Tempedius » Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:56 pm

I would like to suggest giving vampires a major and possibly minor gift. My argument being that the race has been heavily nerfed over the years and the development direction of the sever is based around gifts, and with the huge number of effects that currently ignore their immunities or even prey on their weaknesses the race not only under performs but struggles just to keep up. For example a human fighter will have more hp, damage, and ab than their vampiric counter part. Vampires casters are always behind the curve both in terms of their primary casting stat and any defensive stats they may choose to invest into. Divine melees such as blackguard or divine champion further show this divide with the difference in attack bonus or charisma being at least 2 if not 4 points. In its current state vampire is a forgotten relic of an early age on Arelith. Back when a lot of the race's power was tied up in powerful immunities and alternate forms that had amazing scaling, optimal building not being as prevalent, and a different direction of development. My suggestion hopes to rectify this sad state. I thank you for taking the time to read and consider this request.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Vampire needs a little love.

Post by The GrumpyCat » Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:37 pm

We currently have 13 active Vampires, (and our max is supposed to be 10) and 3 vampire apps, all approved and waiting their turn when some spaces open up. They're a limited class that, frankly, is already very much over subscribed (not that I blame anyone, Vampires are very cool just by themselves) I do not feel any further mechanical incentive is needed, or wanted, at this point.

Rejected.

This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)